Dark Angels Imminent - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Yeah, there was a similar points drop for SM terminators and then swapping to TH/SS put them right back to the same 225 mark. Here's hoping that doesn't happen with the DW!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 06:42 AM

Everything looks quite good, I am sad to see PFG and Porta Rack go I used them frequently and had fun with those teleportations and blind tests. Deathwing Knight's look great, but I dont get why there is no full DW reserve force anymore.
Also do we get to keep skilled rider and hit and run on rw bikers?
And for me most importantly do we get the land raider,predator,whirlwind,vindicator formations from the SM book? If we don't can we just take a formation without allies?
post #73 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 09:04 AM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
And for me most importantly do we get the land raider,predator,whirlwind,vindicator formations from the SM book? If we don't can we just take a formation without allies?
The indestructible Land Raiders were a Formation, so that's a yes. But the other tanks were a no, because that was a unit to be purchased directly out of their codex.

post #74 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 09:27 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

you can take any formation from any codex and its still battlforged army, but they cant be part of our decurion. Also got WD today and they mention DW and RW strike force detachments so RW/DW only and doublwing armies are still a thing for anyone who was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
post #75 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 09:30 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

worried, but once again these are separate from the lion's blade detachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
post #76 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 11:14 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I just caught up on this thread, and it looks like this is a rather underwhelming release. I know they got a shit ton of new kits on their last release, and there's a tac squad in the DV box, but if I was a DA player I'd be very disappointed if that chappie was all that was new. Hopefully there'll be something next week to back him up.
post #77 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
The indestructible Land Raiders were a Formation, so that's a yes. But the other tanks were a no, because that was a unit to be purchased directly out of their codex.
What do you mean purchased directly out of their codex?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu_shan82 View Post
worried, but once again these are separate from the lion's blade detachment
so they wont include this iconic SM formations that EVERY chapter has just to provide C:SM with some unique flavor or "force" people to purchase c:sm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
I just caught up on this thread, and it looks like this is a rather underwhelming release. I know they got a shit ton of new kits on their last release, and there's a tac squad in the DV box, but if I was a DA player I'd be very disappointed if that chappie was all that was new. Hopefully there'll be something next week to back him up.
Well what new release do we actually need? A BA esque tactical squad would be nice since DV one is just a snap together. But we already have a DA veteran kit and upgrade sprues which mix in very well with any sm infantry kit. So the only thing left is to come up with some new units.
post #78 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 11:55 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
im getting the feeling next week is empty in anticipation of age of sigmar, but yes i agree it does feel like we have been cheated, though to be fair that has kinda been the flavour of recent codex releases, "here is a book and a few meager blister packs" i suppose that could be the price of getting admech,knights and harlies. But honestly they could have redone the basic dread and slapped in a mortis pattern in the box, or the razorback to include all variants, a chapter specific tactical squad, recut the terminator sprue so they dont look so dated.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #79 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 12:56 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

post #80 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 03:15 PM

Vorag of Strigos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Icon

As a Dark Angels Advocate I love the changes so far! Might even get the Ravenwing Silence Squadron, since the Fisher Price "Ravenwing's first missile" are now truly worthy of Blacksword Missile as a name.

"Trample the weak, and hurdle the dead."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode