Dark Angels Imminent - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 08:16 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
Im a dedicated DW player and I'm not liking this restrictions on rules. I use a lot of FW units in my DW force like Chaplain/Mortis /Siege/ dreads, Contemptors, a lot of LR variants. And if the rules have precise rule wording (e.g force must contain venerable dread(not any other variant) it makes it hard for me to use my army....
It says that a Ven must start in a drop pod. anything else in reserve just walks on the board from the board edge.

Right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Yo @Xabre , people take Mortis so they have interceptor/skyfire on the table T2 when enemy Fliers start coming on. Not T3 after they walk on like dolts late to the fight on T2.

Pile that on with no Ravenwing and you have a less than hospitable situation for -all DW armies-, where I will now (potentially, anyway) be rolling for my Reserves. DA armies in general should have no complaints.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 06-22-15 at 08:22 PM.
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-15, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Yo @Xabre , people take Mortis so they have interceptor/skyfire on the table T2 when enemy Fliers start coming on. Not T3 after they walk on like dolts late to the fight on T2.

Pile that on with no Ravenwing and you have a less than hospitable situation for -all DW armies-, where I will now (potentially, anyway) be rolling for my Reserves. DA armies in general should have no complaints.
It's a Formation, not a master detachment, so you could always another CAD or something.

Plus they have a flier formation now.

Honestly, EVERY new codex has been unfriendly to FW.

Edit: Found it. This one's for you @MidnightSun : Ravenwing Attack Formation. 1 Bike or Attack Bike squad + one Landspeeder or Vengeance. If the Speeder hits a target, the bikes are +1 BS against that target. Squad also gets a 12" teleport homer for models with the Deathwing rule if they started the turn on the board.

I think my favorite is the Ravenwing Support Squadron. It's pretty powerful, I think. 3 Speeders + either a Vengeance or Darkshroud. The whole bunch get Grim Resolve (overwatch on BS3 or full BS in a Lion's Blade), Interceptor and Strafing Run. And they can overwatch for any friend Ravenwing model within 24" that gets charged, though only 6" for Wall of Death.

Last edited by Xabre; 06-23-15 at 12:22 AM.

post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
so you could always another CAD or something
I appreciate you being proactive my friend, but if I had the models or intention of buying/building/painting the models I'd be there already (and fucking stoked about it). I also can't add Mortis to a BA detachment and don't play vanilla SM or the 'green wing'.

Quote:
Honestly, EVERY new codex has been unfriendly to FW.
Since we're being honest, every single release for 7th has fucked my collections. There's the Mephrit Detachment (thankfully I...found...a copy of SoB:Exterminatus) for my 'Crons which saved me from having to buy tomb blades on top of the codex just to get a characterful buff to my reanimation protocols, there's all of the tactical marines I was going to paint yellow for Imperial Fists that are now red because the BA dex is what it is (not to mention the numerous FOC changes the book brought), and now I have (potentially anyway) useless green dreadnoughts that I spent way too long painting after finding the twin weapon loadouts online for after nabbing up some AoBR models and 20-30 terminators that would -love- to have air support without buying a new formation's worth of models (I don't buy models based on rules, I gotta like them and at least kind of be interested in painting them) on top of the new codex.

Pointless Venting, I know. It's a thread. I'll stop if you stop trying to cheer me up about it

Anyway, here's some shit from BoLS:

Quote:
Sad news, Deathwing Assault is no longer a ‘special rule’ or on turn one, is now restricted to the formation, and occurs on turns 2,3,4.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 06:13 AM

Might just keep playing 6th ed DW if i cant alpha strike without Ravenwing,can't field Dreadnought/LR variants in the same Detachment, don't have ObjSec.
Also Strike Force Ultra from SM book can all deep strike turn one, why the hell DW cant do it ? We were strike force ultra before Girlyman thought of it.

Last edited by Stormxlr; 06-23-15 at 06:28 AM.
post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 11:02 AM

I think what's going on here is simply that they're trying to make things different. See, every time a codex comes out, people whine 'why can't my army have this?', so they're changing it. I really feel that they're making Deathwing (and really, all Dark Angels) a 'take and hold' army. It explains why their bonus is overwatch. You send Ravenwing in early, using their strength as scouts to rush ahead, and on turn 2 (or 3, or whenever you feel like it after you're tactically in position), you bring down terminators that simply WILL NOT BE MOVED. Shield wall. Full BS Overwatch. FLYING VINDICATORS.

Let the smurfs drop in blindly turn 1. The Dark Angels are now firmly set up as the army that uses their strengths. One squad scouts, the other supports. The Dark Angels have become a very powerful synergy army, rather than three distinct playstyles.

Now, with that said, so @ntaw doesn't feel like I'm throwing around too many rainbows and rending unicorns, I do think it's unfair that Ravenwing can be played on its own and Deathwing can't.

I do have ONE suggestion for you though, @ntaw . Run a Landraider Spearhead with your Deathwing. Because I dare them to move three indestructable Godhammers off the table while you're waiting for turn 2.

Last edited by Xabre; 06-23-15 at 11:05 AM.
post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Sent you a message about it, @Xabre . I'm self enforcing less off-topic thread discussion in my own posts...been feeling a little too bitchy about the last slew of releases and how GW is seemingly trying to one up itself.

Here's some new stuff for the DA:

Quote:
Grim Resolve now gives stubborn and bs2 overwatch.

Inner Circle replaced by Deathwing rule. Grants Fearless and Hatred (Chaos Space Marines)

Azrael is now LoW. Gives his 4++ to any transport he’s in. Adds +1 to any seize the
initiative rolls. No longer counts Ravenwing or Deathwing as troops

Belial gained an attack. Lost precision shots. Now reroll hits in challenges. No longer
takes Deathwing as troops.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 09:02 PM

I heard that Grim Resolve is BS3. But I haven't seen it in text, so I don't know. However, the Lion's Blade (the Gladius) gives full BS Overwatch in that detachment.

I'm kind of excited about the flier revamp. The Nephilim is now a flying vidicator. S10 AP2 18", and if you roll doubles on the scatter it's a Vortex. BigBaddaBoom. Dark Talon missiles are now S7 and have Missile Lock again, so you can reroll misses. Oh, and I think Strafing Run?

Still love the speeders more than anything else. But I've always been a Ravenwing person more than Deathwing; I think they did better in the end.

post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I heard that Grim Resolve is BS3.
It's BS2 in text from what I gather.

....and the gathering is good

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode