Web Exculsive Skyhammer Annihilation Force - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 12:26 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyboy View Post
Have you seen it? I can't find this statement anywhere on "leaked" screenshot page ;)
I asked the local GW store and he confirmed it for me. I always trust the info, when it comes straight from the horses mouth

But as to your question, then no, I have not had visual confirmation myself.

Last edited by Nordicus; 06-23-15 at 01:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 01:37 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Local GW stores are the other end of the horse. It's where all of their shit comes out after all.

I'm continually amazed at how ludicrous GW can make the game. Upping the ante with each new release. Yawn.

Ntaw, ever think about playing Infinity? Their rules are free and their releases are monthly for each faction instead of boosting one faction at a time to sell models.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-23-15, 03:52 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Correct - It's Codex: Space Marines only.
Technically, you can just slap any paint of marines on there. It's a seperate detachment you take anyway and can thus be used as an "allied" detachment in any imperial force.

So technically, you could just use your BA/SW/DA jump pack troops for this, along with devastator marines of your choice. Just slap any chapter tactic you want on it, and it'll all be good.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
Technically, you can just slap any paint of marines on there. It's a seperate detachment you take anyway and can thus be used as an "allied" detachment in any imperial force.

So technically, you could just use your BA/SW/DA jump pack troops for this, along with devastator marines of your choice. Just slap any chapter tactic you want on it, and it'll all be good.
Blood and dark angels work for using them as in both armies yhey are still devs and assault marines. For wolves however it doesn't as they are bloodclaws and longfangs.
However you could use a chapter tact from another legion.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 12:34 PM
alt-f4's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I think this is my beef with it. GW gives fuck all about balance I know, but this makes other army builds (that, for all intents and purposes, should at least be able to pull this off if not excel at it) look even worse than they did before.

At least the DA book can/will get updated with these things in mind (hopefully). I look forward to a binder full of printed off formations that I hunted in internet for to play my BA as competitively as this.

Or I could just play more guitar. Might just do that.
Hopefully, no one is forced to play with (or against) such formations

This one is a "crappy" one, IMHO, especially for people whose armies are historically melee oriented (Orks, CSM, Tyranids, ...) and who strive to adapt their tactics to current game mechanics like deep strike (and no charge possible in the same turn), overwatch or charging in difficult ground (with the initiative loss).

All of these rules are just passed by this formation, for an army which, historically speaking, is more a shooting than assaults oriented one : the player may choose the moment when his/her units are dropped, heavy weapons may directly be used at full potential (no snapshot, even if the dropped unit is considered as having moved), melee units may directly charge (it's not a new thing, as it is already allowed with usual drop pods, I guess, but it's useful to remind for the combo) and may use their jump pack twice in the same turn, and enemy units targeted (just "targeted", meaning that it works even if the shot is completely missed ?) are whether gone to ground (no overwatch, no initiative loss ... most of the time, actually, because 3D6 dice average result is above 10) or can't fire on overwatch .

No more strategy (list building) and no more tactics needed : where is the game ?

The Serrated Flame : a First Heretics army

- Primordial Truth is Humanity's only salvation -
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-24-15, 12:40 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

You know... I don't mind it this much in this particular formation.

They are friggin assault marines. When is the last time you ever saw those in a list that wanted to be competitive. Had this formation been for some uber-insane OTT close combat monster unit, I'd have more of a beef with it.

But it's not... It's for assault marines. A unit that can now actually play along with some of the other "big boys" because of this. And so, I don't mind that much. Getting good formations for crappy units is good in my book, as long as they avoid great formations for already great units.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode