Web Exculsive Skyhammer Annihilation Force - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 10:16 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

just curious, is there anything on the datasheet that specifically mentions the units come from SM codex only or can BA and DA use it RAW. Obviously the sheets from the codex cant be used but if this only mentions units used and not specificaly which

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 10:21 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

codex they come from, I cant honestly see an opponent stopping you and keeping a straight face. If not I suppose theres counts as but an opponent would be better off, if you use ba you dont get chapter tactics or red thirst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 02:06 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

All Formations have a rule one them that states what Faction or Race they come from. In this case, while I haven't seen the datasheet, I would assume that it's going to say 'All Models must come from Codex: Space Marines' or something like that. So while Blood Angels could ally with Battle Brother relations and paint the models red, they wouldn't count as a viable option.

Look at it the other way; Archangel Formation which is only Blood Angels, but I decide to take it as Imperial Fists for the Bolter Drill and just create an entire army of Sternguard.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 04:12 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
Look at it the other way; Archangel Formation which is only Blood Angels, but I decide to take it as Imperial Fists for the Bolter Drill and just create an entire army of Sternguard.
Which you could arguably still do better out of a CAD instead (depending on points level of course), given that you have to take so many compulsory unit choices with that formation (6 of those 14 Elites choices are taken already and only one of them is Sternguard).

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 06-14-15 at 04:17 PM.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 04:43 PM

I thought Archangel was simply 1 HQ (which had to be a Captain or Chaplain) and something like 0-14 elites. But ONLY infantry or Furioso (max 6 Dreads).

So you could have, say, a captain and 2 sternguard, totally legal in an Archangel.

post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 05:13 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Nope. The detachment is, at its minimum:

Libby - TDA
Captain - TDA (can be Karlaen if you're into him)

1-10 Sternguard
1-10 Vanguard
1-10 Assault Terminators
1-10 Terminators
1-6 Furioso
1 Chaplain - TDA

This is an example of a fluff formation that has little to no battlefield relevance to me. You have to use their warlord traits, you get Descent of Angels, and you lose Red Thirst.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 06-14-15 at 05:16 PM.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 06:28 PM
Craw-Daddy

I like it. Its a pretty nice force with rules.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Nope. The detachment is, at its minimum:

Libby - TDA
Captain - TDA (can be Karlaen if you're into him)

1-10 Sternguard
1-10 Vanguard
1-10 Assault Terminators
1-10 Terminators
1-6 Furioso
1 Chaplain - TDA

This is an example of a fluff formation that has little to no battlefield relevance to me. You have to use their warlord traits, you get Descent of Angels, and you lose Red Thirst.
Are we talking about the same Detachment? This is the one where you can take 2-16 Elites, no more than 6 Furioso, no more than 10 of each Vet Squad. However, none of them are 1+.

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

HokieHWT's Flag is: USA

The reason I said money grab is because without that GW stamp, I don't see you being allowed to use it in tournament play...maybe I'm wrong but I would think that in GW sponsored tournaments you have to have the digital or physical codex or datasheet. While I'm sure there are ways to pirate pdfs of the rules, maybe they is a way to make a distinction.

Check out my 2nd Catachan Regiment Project Log
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=131473

Catachan Devils W6-L11-D1
Steel Legion Heavy Mech W6-L0-D0
Minotaurs and Knights W5-L1-D0

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-15, 09:02 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiehwt View Post
gw sponsored tournaments
Click image for larger version

Name:	laugh.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	959967402

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode