Looks Like the green tide is coming - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-15, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Looks Like the green tide is coming

Just trying to place an order for stock and i noticed a significant amount of warhammer fantasy staples in the Orc section have sold out....including two of the most dated plastic kits, Orc boys and Goblins, now if i were a betting man i would say this isnt a repackage job as they are by far some of the most ancient plastics in the warhammer range and because of that they are also very wasteful and lack variety compared to the basic troop of all other races.

plus it wouldnt surprise me if Orcs were the lead army for the relaunch as they are v popular fantasy army.

Edit: although just also noticed Brett core choices are also out of stock ? Bretts and Orc in the starter set maybe?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-15, 07:31 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

A lot of the Fantasy range right now is Direct Only / Webstore Exclusive. I actually got a box of Brettonian Men-at-Arms in today. I wouldn't necessarily read into that as a sign that something new is coming (although I do know the release schedule and can't say, contractually, one way or the other)-- Games Workshop is currently consolidating intellectual properties for lateral investments (re: Fantasy Flight licenses, video game licenses, mobile apps) and are doubling down on the stuff that makes the most in those areas. We will see a revitalized Warhammer Fantasy in the near future, but it's not the drastic change people think it's going to be. It's mostly a consolidation of, and revisiting of, the IP involved. We will see new Brettonians-- the book is done, the models are sculpted. It's a legal issue getting trademarks in place and stuff that is preventing an immediate launch. Same deal with the Sisters-- they were originally slated for Late Q2/Early Q3 this year but have been pushed back due to construction of legal protections for the intellectual property. Both feature very similar design elements, and we'll likely seem them released more or less together.

As for the Orcs and Goblins, there are supply issues due to aging molds. The Orc Boyz box is almost 15 years old now, and the copies from the original masters are degraded. We will see new Orc Boyz and Goblin infantry in the next calendar year, and I'm sure there'll be a book with them-- but this is one of those odd instances where manufacturing is the issue rather than copyrights or game development.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-15, 08:57 PM

@The Son of Horus , we will see your post on BOLS front page in a few days.
Otherwise thanks for a clear explanation on the topic

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-15, 09:22 PM
Craw-Daddy

Bretonnia and Orcs new starting armies? I could see that.

I think if they were going to restart fantasy, they would go with two armies that represent that fantasy aspect the best. Those two armies are pretty straightforward and not too complex. They are also straightforward as far as looks go towards new and potential customers. You have knights in shinning armor vs green monsters.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 03:24 AM

Just went on the Australian site and many plastic kits are now direct order, although I have not been on this part of the site for ages.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 09:48 AM

raven_jim's Flag is: United Kingdom

I also noticed lots of chaos demon stuff out of stock, all the old models

Eldar W15-D3-L1 no longer play

Marines W9-D1-L4

Nids W1-D1-L1 no longer play

Chaos W1-D0-L0
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 04:05 PM

inb4 £20 for 10 Orc Boyz a box & 15 Goblins a box.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-15, 06:52 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Re-packaging for the entire range mayhaps (in waves maybe)......

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-15, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Re-packaging for the entire range mayhaps (in waves maybe)......
Certainly could be for some of the range, might just be wishful thinking on my part but the orc boys and goblins really need a recut sprue before a repack because they are in the old style fat box because of the wasted sprue space and additional command sprue they have like 10 half sprues for 20 dudes, where as the skaven manage the same in 2 half sprues

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode