Space marines confirmed next - Page 24 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #231 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 10:46 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu_shan82 View Post
is it me or does anyone agree that ultra smurf sprue would have been better with some tyranic war veteran bits, the play such a huge part of their fluff yet are barely represented model wise
I don't think you could fit it on the model - There's already enough bling on them to make a modern rapper go "Yo dawg, chill".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 10:46 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

New DA tactical squad will feature tactical squad sprues with the DA upgrade sprue plus a sprue of pouting SM heads and SM torsos featuring my chemical romance t-shirts and banners

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #233 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
is it me or does anyone agree that ultra smurf sprue would have been better with some tyranic war veteran bits, the play such a huge part of their fluff yet are barely represented model wise
very true, could be something for a future sprue, if GW had any sense they could really make the most of these cheap little add on sprues, tyranic war vets upgrades, bionics upgrades, different mk armour sprues, terminator upgrades, banners, different mk bolters, and god forbid things like, Ork clan upgrades, different Eldar heads/helmets(since they never put them in the fecking kits),pretty much anything forgeworld have done in the last 20 years that is an upgrade set, vehicle doors and icons

they are a licence to print money in my opinion, whats important is availabiity, put them in stores and sell them to indies and the upgrade sprues will sell well.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #234 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 10:50 AM

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
i honestly cant argue with your logic, the blood angel tactical squad was a surprise, as was the blood angel/DA/SW upgrade sprues, realisticaly those three chapters needed those sprues about as much as i need to eat more pies(currently on a diet as i was 22 stone) .
I agree with you there, don't mind they released those upgrade kits,but there are others who needed the attention more. (Black templar, Imp fists, Sallies) Well done on the getting healthier part btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
so realistically it wouldnt shock me too much if they did put out a DA tactical squad,but i feel its highly unlikely, maybe it will just be a vanilla tactical squad with a couple of DA sprues chucked in? dont get me wrong i would be totally up for it, hell the more stuff they produce like that the better it is for me from a business point of veiw, if anything i dont think the upgrade sprues go far enough, i think the ultra marines for example deserve at least a set of bad ass veterans honor guard and a plastic Marneus Calgar or maybe they could do more upgrade sprues and do some terminator upgrades too.
come to think of it the vanilla space marine terminators could do with a revamp while we are at it, and the command squad sprue is really starting to look tired, i was looking at it yesterday and comparing the old to the new and the new CAD designed marine sprues are so crisp and smooth.
Very true, wouldn't be a bad move if they just redid the rest of the old basic SM Boxes. I opened a assault marine box and black templar box the other day and it's a lot worse in comparison to the new stuff.

Quote:
just speculation on my part, they might not even get a tac squad at all
Don't you dare crush my hopes!
post #235 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 11:06 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

dont get me wrong i want it too, but between the new upgrade sprue, the coy veterans box and the backpacks from the dark vengeance tac marines along with both the FW and limited ed GW transfer sheets i reckon i will have some cool looking sons of caliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
post #236 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 03:09 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Can't fault them for trying something new (like the upgrade packs) on chapters that are more popular.

If they sell well, you might see them for other chapters soon as well (would love an iron hands one for bionics).

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #237 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 04:46 PM
Rattlehead

Nothing I own got nerfed, most all of it got buffed, there's nothing blatantly overpowered or even an obvious 'best choice' in many areas, some shitty units got made a lot more viable, and the points got brought down.

I fail to see what people can be sad about.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #238 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 06:44 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

The difference between BA/SW boxes and a DA box is that the former have different weapon options to the vanilla codex, Heavy Flamers for BA and pretty much everything for SW. I doubt DA would get their own squad for aesthetics only. If the new codex gives them new weapon options then maybe, but not otherwise. If we're going by them missing on the website, I'd like to note that Vanguard Veterans have been listed as Fast Attack for the entire time that they have been Elites. If something is missing I would sooner assume that someone just made a mistake somewhere.
post #239 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 10:24 PM

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

loving the chapter tactics for the BT and points reduction for Grimaldus. makes the neophytes worth taking again the sacrificial 10pnts for Rage and counter attack. back to bolt pistols and chainswords, the true BT's.

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L
post #240 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-12-15, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

so is it definitely terminator libby and DA Chappy next week? havent seen any definite leaks yet and its friday already? and do we have anything solid for next week?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode