Space marines confirmed next - Page 23 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-10-15, 11:37 PM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

Liking the demi company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 06:15 AM

Found this on BoLS.

GW has linked now all generic marine models to the DA/SW/BA/GK pages at their shop the dark angels got scouts for troops, but no tactical squad

Dark Angel tactical squad in the pipeline? I seem to recall a 401 redirect somewhere on the internet for a DA tactical squad. Interesting to say the least.

Quote:
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
post #223 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 07:21 AM

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu_shan82 View Post
Found this on BoLS.

GW has linked now all generic marine models to the DA/SW/BA/GK pages at their shop the dark angels got scouts for troops, but no tactical squad

Dark Angel tactical squad in the pipeline? I seem to recall a 401 redirect somewhere on the internet for a DA tactical squad. Interesting to say the least.
Holy crap, I was planning on buying a tac squad + new DA sprue... Guess that will be postponed a bit

Edit: The original post on BOLS is by Atia, who is the new rumors king AFAIK, so that lends some credence.

post #224 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

i think a DA tactical squad is highly unlikely with the introduction of the upgrade sprue,unless the codex DA tactical squad is significantly different to the vanilla squad, that said they already have a tactical squad in the dark vengeance box which has the plasma cannon included so they are pretty well covered in that reguard.

I would have prefered to have seen upgrade sprues for the other founding chapters or chapter specific sets for fist/sallys/iron/scars, they are seriously over looked.

the new chaplain and libby are both nice models but i dont think they are worthy of a weeks release and white dwarf, maybe we will something else next week to nicely round off the codex before warhammer fantasy kicks off for 13 weeks of crazy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #225 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 07:57 AM

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
i think a DA tactical squad is highly unlikely with the introduction of the upgrade sprue,unless the codex DA tactical squad is significantly different to the vanilla squad, that said they already have a tactical squad in the dark vengeance box which has the plasma cannon included so they are pretty well covered in that reguard.
On the other hand: BA and SW also got upgrade kits, whilst having their own tac squads. Fair point about the DV set though... though I'm not a fan of those monopose kits.
post #226 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 08:34 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well I like the 3 Land Raider formation, and I do like the bonuses for it which thrown in with my with my Iron Hands could become rather nice. Otherwise I'll largely ignore it all. Especially since it looks like MotF are gone and my chapter still don't get a named character. Guess I'll just stay in 30k for my Iron Hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #227 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 10:29 AM

DA tac squad could have robes and tabards, maybe a mace type weapon, DA flavoured special/heavy weapons. Rules wise the may get something special, being 1st legion i could see them getting volkites or maybe some sort of plasma gun/cannon hybrid with salvo

Quote:
post #228 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcap View Post
On the other hand: BA and SW also got upgrade kits, whilst having their own tac squads. Fair point about the DV set though... though I'm not a fan of those monopose kits.
i honestly cant argue with your logic, the blood angel tactical squad was a surprise, as was the blood angel/DA/SW upgrade sprues, realisticaly those three chapters needed those sprues about as much as i need to eat more pies(currently on a diet as i was 22 stone) .

so realistically it wouldnt shock me too much if they did put out a DA tactical squad,but i feel its highly unlikely, maybe it will just be a vanilla tactical squad with a couple of DA sprues chucked in? dont get me wrong i would be totally up for it, hell the more stuff they produce like that the better it is for me from a business point of veiw, if anything i dont think the upgrade sprues go far enough, i think the ultra marines for example deserve at least a set of bad ass veterans honor guard and a plastic Marneus Calgar or maybe they could do more upgrade sprues and do some terminator upgrades too.
come to think of it the vanilla space marine terminators could do with a revamp while we are at it, and the command squad sprue is really starting to look tired, i was looking at it yesterday and comparing the old to the new and the new CAD designed marine sprues are so crisp and smooth.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #229 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 10:32 AM

just speculation on my part, they might not even get a tac squad at all

Quote:
post #230 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-11-15, 10:38 AM

is it me or does anyone agree that ultra smurf sprue would have been better with some tyranic war veteran bits, the play such a huge part of their fluff yet are barely represented model wise

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode