Space marines confirmed next - Page 20 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 11:16 AM
Beaker's Flag is: United Kingdom

Is there any mention of The Legion Of The Damned in the new space marines codex?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 12:03 PM
Rattlehead

Apparently LotD are still in, but I'm skeptical as they have their own mini-dex.

People on Facebook going wild over this pic, but it doesn't look like the official GW paint job - more than likely to be someone else's army featured in WD (I know Nick Bayton bases his tanks for sure, and he can't be the only one).

Click image for larger version

Name:	11350499_1434633950177957_2705314724132175925_n.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	959967314

EDIT: Actually, I recognize the Whirlwind. It's Nick Bayton's... panic over!

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #193 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 12:30 PM
Beaker's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote "Apparently LotD are still in, but I'm skeptical as they have their own mini-dex."

Thanks MidnightSun I have a copy of their mini-dex but didn't know if there would be anything different in the main codex or would it supersede anything in the mini-dex.

post #194 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 12:51 PM
Rattlehead

Ah - well, what I've seen is that they're still in, pretty much the same but somehow improved deep strike. Can't remember where I saw it, but that's what I saw

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #195 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 02:08 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Apparently LotD are still in, but I'm skeptical as they have their own mini-dex.
What, like Skitarii or Tempestus Scions? I think they'll survive.

Here's a picture of Lysander's rules...which look identical.

...and here's some confirmation that Black Templars are indeed in the main Codex, with what looks like the names of the Chapter Tactics underneath:

Why else would they be pictured with the other 1st founding chapters?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #196 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 02:28 PM
Rattlehead

All comes down to Chapter Tactics. Most of it seems almost exactly the same at least in name, although the prevalent rumour seems to be that they pretty much are the same just better (White Scars have no restriction on HnR for Bulky units etc.).

If Righteous Zeal is the return of the old Righteous Zeal rule, I'm going to find my local BT conclave who are leaping around and cheering at how amazing the rule is and punch them repeatedly for terminal idiocy.

post #197 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Most of it seems almost exactly the same
I'm kinda getting that feel from the whole codex. Not trying to pass judgement, as I clearly haven't seen the book yet, but I'm curious to see what's actually different between them.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #198 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 03:48 PM
Rattlehead

It does appear to be more a patch than a sweeping update, but honestly I'm pretty fine with that. Tweaks and slight buffs across the board is good for people who already play that army. Grav-Cannons available on infantry (Devastators or Tacticals) and rumoured Drop Pods being unable to carry Bulky models or anyone without a 3+ or better armour save are both pretty important.

Still, I'm most excited for Chapter Tactics rules over other leaks since they're in everyone's army.

post #199 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-07-15, 05:19 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

It seems to me that GW is eager to get iterations of every codex out that includes formations, to get everyone on the same page. Can't say that's a bad thing other than codexes that recently got updates needing to be redone.
post #200 of 278 (permalink) Old 06-08-15, 05:19 PM

Some more stuffs:

Quote:
Via Leman Russ SW on Bolter & Chainsword

I have seen the new Marine Codex the command tanks are not in it. Tac Squads can take Grav, All dreadnoughts now have 4 base attacks. Only LOW is Calgar. No master of the Forge but
Techmarines can take Conversion Beamers.

Bike are troops if you take any HQ on a bike, no need to be five man now. Temis squads of both kinds got a 5 point drop but TH SS cost the same as before after buying the upgrade for them.
Centurions are pretty much the same.

No grav on dread that I saw.

(In reference to The Emperor’s Champion)
Fear, reroll ld, FNP, can’t remember the others, only the FNP stood out as being really good. EC has no stances, 2+ 4++ 2 base attacks, I5 WS6 plus a pistol, In a challenge can preroll to
hit and wound and causes ID on a 6

Sternguard are the same rules wise. A few of the units have got cheaper by a few points. Not sure on Termi weapons, assault squads can take an evissorator for every 5 guys

Honour Guard and Command Squads are Elites now you don’t need characters to take them. Fist is still unwieldy. All termis are 5 cheaper TH SS upgrade is 5 points more.

Calgar the same just LOW and can choose his Warlord trait so will pretty much always have FNP. He still lets you use a doctrine twice and now they are better he is better.

Calgar can pick his Warlord Trait from the marine list the best one being FNP. Shrike and any jump unit he joins can infiltrate. Vulcan master crafts melt weapons. Khan gives scout to bikes rhinos and razors. No Iron Hand character. You can take a librarian formation where one librarian can know any of the powers the others have if they don’t cast and warp charges are on 3+

Lysander has 4 wounds and Eternal warrior still and Fist or Dorn is +6S. Kantor makes Sternguards objective secured

Didn’t read Grimaldus, Helbrecth gives all units Hatred and Fleet once per game. Kahn, Sicarius and Him still only ap3. Sicarius lets you effect reserves and give one tac squad a usr.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode