Warhammer World opening: Guilliman and Sigismund Chaos Knights(!) Warlord Titan! - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 07:13 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

From m_r_parker:

Quote:
Ok - managed to get home in one piece, so I'll try to give a more comprehensive overview of the day itself.
Having only been to WW once before, last years FW Open Day, I can't really compare too much between the old and the new - but it does feel refreshed in places. The dedicated GW, FW and BL stores work really well - in fact the ForgeWorld store probably works a little too well. There's something quite refreshing about going into a store and being able to browse through racks of resin, plus packs of resin seem to appear in your hands as you unintentionally mutter "... yes, i'll have that too ...". The display cases show assembled and unpainted models, and is impressive to see a shelf made up entirely of Contemptor dreads and another shelf of the Primarchs and the Character Series range. Similarly with the Black Library store there are large wooden shelves making you feel like you're in a library or book store (I know, obviously right), with a decent range.

The exhibition halls are definitely worthwhile visiting. The displays are impressive, a lot of them are new, and the first hall has some of the earlier Citadel Miniatures and dioramas (Mike McVeys Emperor vs Horus, the large Warhammer Quest diorama, some others). The pinnacle is in Hall C (I think) with the largest of the display boards - standing at over 30ft high and about the same in length, depicting a Khornate daemon and World Eater invasion of an Ultramarine stronghold. They were so impressed with their creation they created the 'Blood Oath' Campaign Supplement (available as a Warhammer World exclusive). To put it in context, the new Warlord is included in the display and can be missed if you're not paying attention. The sheer quantity of models and scenery throughout all the exhibits is beyond belief.

Bugmans is still the same, but I'm still not convinced in giving them a table number when you order at the bar as it makes it difficult for someone on their own to order food. But that's my gripe.

The studio area set up behind Bugmans was set up nicely with the different studio areas (GW main, FW, Artwork and BL), but FW was definitely the busiest of the areas with a total of two Warlords on display. Just to clear up some bits about the Warlord:

There were 6 available to purchase today, with another 6 tomorrow. All of todays 6 were sold in under 10 minutes, and a further dozen were placed on order. As I was in the first thirty to get in the doors today, and the Warlord was sold out after I spent under two minutes waiting for a free FW sales desk, you're going to need to be committed to get one tomorrow. Apparently some people at the head of the queue had been waiting since 6am in the morning.

This weekend there was only the option to buy a complete Warlord with head and 4 weapons, but when it is released these will be sold individually. They sold the entire thing as a single entity to avoid people just buying a weapon and leaving incomplete kits (not sure why anyone would do this, meh).
Price is confirmed at 1,240 for the whole set. Body is ~900, Weapons at 65, and Head at ~80.

There will be different head options, and the head of the unpainted Warlord on display today will be a Warhammer World exclusive product (yes, there are going to be a lot of Exclusive products).
They will be doing a Chaos version.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 07:59 PM
JUGGERNUT

MOAR CHAOS:

post #43 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 08:28 PM

I wanna know if the Chaos Knight was for sale / preorder. I know it isn't a massive change from the normal one. But it would probably have 40k rules, then I wont have to have my Chaos Marines and Daemons looking at it funny and it ending up doing nothing some turns.
Seems to be a kit of 2 new shoulders, 1 new carapace, 1 new shoulder shield, 1 new gun shield, 1 new sword, 2 shin pads, 2 thigh pads a chest plate, a cod piece and a mask... cos of course if you are going at wear a cod piece you need to also wear a mask

Last edited by mayegelt; 05-16-15 at 08:31 PM.

post #44 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 10:08 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

I really dont understand why GW have handed the chaos knight over to forgeworld??? Dont get wrong they do great work but they could have shifted thousands of them in plastic no problem what so ever.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #45 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 10:39 PM
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I really dont understand why GW have handed the chaos knight over to forgeworld??? Dont get wrong they do great work but they could have shifted thousands of them in plastic no problem what so ever.
Yep, and guarantee that we'll have to spend more money to get the same damn thing. Oh well, I never pay full price anyway. I'm happy that we're getting them in one form or another. I just really hope we get some good rules, at least equivalent rules, and not simply a new "skin" on the same Imperial unit.

Also, this is awesome!

post #46 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Right, I think I found a treasure trove of high quality pictures HERE. Props to the creator, who really knows how to take proper pictures. Around 400+ of them!
post #47 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-16-15, 11:47 PM
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcap View Post
Right, I think I found a treasure trove of high quality pictures HERE. Props to the creator, who really knows how to take proper pictures. Around 400+ of them!
Awesome. Thanks!

This kid is either very impressed or not impressed whatsoever:

Also, wow this is super cool!

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN, smurfs!

OMFG look in the far right background, there's an Ultrasmurf drop pod crashing into a titan! That is pretty awesome:

Last edited by venomlust; 05-17-15 at 12:18 AM.
post #48 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 01:11 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

I'm seriously curious if the Lord of Skulls conversion kit does anything else than switch extra thunderblitz attacks out with stomps.

Hell, it's about time that model got what it deserved: Legs.
post #49 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 01:22 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
I'm seriously curious if the Lord of Skulls conversion kit does anything else than switch extra thunderblitz attacks out with stomps.

Hell, it's about time that model got what it deserved: Legs.
Actually that looks like a better knight for Chaos than re-skinning the current Knight. Not that it's a bad design but legs on the Lord of Skulls is a great improvement.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #50 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 02:02 AM
JUGGERNUT

888 points will need a whole lot more than stomps, IMO.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode