Forgeworld Releases 20150501 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Default Forgeworld Releases 20150501

As previewed 2014 on the Horus Heresy Weekend, Forgeworld has now put up the following kits for preorder:

SAMUS, DAEMON PRINCE OF THE RUINSTORM

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SAMUS.html
Experimental Rules for Samus can be found here: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...DF/S/Samus.pdf

Quote:
A Daemon Prince of the Ruinstorm, spreading madness and slaughtering all before him in baleful frenzy, Samus is here! A hulking monstrosity, towering over mortals, Samus, a daemon of murder made manifest, was incarnated at the height of his powers as the walls between reality and the Warp were stretched thin by the Word Bearers’ dark rites at Calth. If his corporeal flesh was destroyed, he would soon return again to wreak havoc and claim more souls for the powers of Chaos, the sound of his name echoing through the Warp and in the minds of men.

Samus, Daemon Prince of the Ruinstorm is the latest model in the Horus Heresy Character Series. Presented in a collectors edition black box, Samus can be built with his right hand clutching a dismembered Space Marine or as an open claw. Samus can be used in Word Bearers Legion armies and Codex: Chaos Daemon armies in Horus Heresy games. He can also be used in Codex: Chaos Daemons and Khorne Daemonkin armies in standard games of Warhammer 40,000. Rules for using Samus can be downloaded HERE.

This is a complete, multi-part resin kit. It is available to pre-order today and will be despatched from Friday 8th May.
SOLAR AUXILIA TACTICAL COMMAND

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...L_COMMAND.html

Quote:
The Lord Marshal of a Solar Auxilia battlegroup is the supreme commander of his forces. He may have the total respect of his men or be a despot of the highest order, but he will be a master strategist, fearsome duellist and an experienced frontline commander prepared to sacrifice his forces in defence of the Imperium.

Auxilia Tactical Command Sections facilitate the flow of orders from central command, directing the movement of thousands of men and vehicles, as well as coordinating devastating aerial and orbital strikes upon a foe. The Proclaimator’s communications equipment links the section to the battlegroup’s command and control structure, allowing the Strategos to issue orders efficiently and directly to the units under his purview. The Vexilarius carries the cohort’s standard, a great honour usually only bestowed upon a warrior who has performed an act of bravery or feat of arms, whilst the Veteran Auxilia defend the section itself from advancing enemy.

The Solar Auxilia Tactical Command comprises six models including a Lord Marshal armed with a paragon blade and archaeotech pistol, and a full Auxilia Tactical Command Section consisting of a Strategos, Proclaimator, Vexilarius, a Veteran Auxiliary with meltagun and Veteran Auxiliary with grenade launcher. Also included are optional helmeted and unhelmeted heads for both the Lord Marshal and Strategos.

The Lord Marshal and Auxilia Tactical Command Section can be fielded as two separate units in Solar Auxilia armies in Horus Heresy games. Their rules can be found in The Horus Heresy Book Four – Conquest.[/B]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 09:48 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not a fan to be honest. Samus just looks so... generic. Red skinned murder Daemon. We have those, their called Bloodletters. I always pictured Samus as being made of darkness, with horns and glowing eyes and pitch black skin that shifts and roils like an ocean current. Not as just another Khornate Daemon. Rather disappointed by this.

The Solar Command is nice enough if you're a IG player. I'm not, so meh.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 10:47 AM

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Kind of feel the same, in the novels Samus is often an insidious character toying with people and driving them mad. Less of this giant rat/dog in my mind...

SA command is nice though, really like the sculpt of the face on the commander dude.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 11:04 AM

So FW thinks putting Skaven heads on enlarged Bloodletter bodies constitutes a sale-worthy sculpt? In comparison to the other FW Khorne DP, this is a shit release - there's no other way to describe it. If more than 50 sell, Matt Ward can mess up the lore of another Space Marine chapter and I'll limit my agonising post about it to one.

The SA look pretty good, on the other hand. There some good things coming out for Guard players right now.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 11:21 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
So FW thinks putting Skaven heads on enlarged Bloodletter bodies constitutes a sale-worthy sculpt?
Lol, I thought the same, "oh look a red skaven beasty", yes a below par release in my opinion, the S.A command squad I like, in particular the Lord Marshal, may just get him, because he looks cool

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 11:58 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Not at all what I imagined Samus would look like...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 12:18 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I never had an image of Samus in my head, but if I did it wouldn't have been this. When you compare it to their own stunning greater demons this guys poor quality just doesn't make sense.

Really liking the Auxilia stuff. If I ever did IG I don't think I could fight the temptation to use these guys.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 03:13 PM
Badknox's Flag is: Canada

from the tiny pic in the email on my phone I got excited, then I went to the webstore intending to add Samus to my collection of khornate things... yadda yadda yadda, now I'm sad. But I still have my money
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 03:19 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Samus looks like he might be big (among other things already stated), what size do we figure that base is?

The Solar Auxilia stuff hasn't caught me much...I think it's their helmets, maybe the massive amount of detail making them look a little too busy for their size....but that Commander. Holy crap is he a tough lookin' hombre. Instant Inquisitor model in my books!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 04:03 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
but that Commander. Holy crap is he a tough lookin' hombre. Instant Inquisitor model in my books!
Good call. The rest of the squad could be used as henchmen if you wanted to get value from buying the squad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode