Forgeworld Releases 20150501 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 03:36 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Samus looks terrible, but at least we now have access to a new LoW for Daemons/Daemonkin. Not a very good one, and overpriced as per usual for FW, but this is what we get. Would have been decent if he was a gargantuan creature, but he isn't. Turn 3 charge at best. S7, S8 on the charge... meh. He also doesn't get Blood for the Blood God/Skulls for the Skull Throne. I'd rather spend 50 less points and take Be'lakor. Or 100 less points and get a D-thirster.

Here's a pic with marines for scale:

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 05-01-15 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 05:08 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Not a very good one, and overpriced as per usual for FW, but this is what we get. Would have been decent if he was a gargantuan creature, but he isn't. Turn 3 charge at best. S7, S8 on the charge... meh. He also doesn't get Blood for the Blood God/Skulls for the Skull Throne. I'd rather spend 50 less points and take Be'lakor. Or 100 less points and get a D-thirster.
+1 to the cost of Blessings and all doubles on Instability resurrecting the unit are both pretty huge benefits, and halving enemy Leadership if he's in base contact is not half bad either. The fact that he's still a pretty strong beatstick on top of that is just added gravy.

Shame it's a meh model that looks nothing like how I imagine him looking, but ah well.

EDIT: Oh, the Warp Surge thing is only for 30k. Yeah, he's not brilliant then.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 05:48 PM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Samus looks fine. Also, there is no one look to samus. This is his carnation on calth, but he could have looked completely differently on 63-19.

PS you dont have to paint him red

Today, I march for Calth

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 06:59 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
+1 to the cost of Blessings and all doubles on Instability resurrecting the unit are both pretty huge benefits, and halving enemy Leadership if he's in base contact is not half bad either. The fact that he's still a pretty strong beatstick on top of that is just added gravy.

Shame it's a meh model that looks nothing like how I imagine him looking, but ah well.

EDIT: Oh, the Warp Surge thing is only for 30k. Yeah, he's not brilliant then.
The way I read it it was only for Khorne Daemonkin that the rule didn't apply.

*edit*

On reading it again, yeah I think you're right.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 05-01-15 at 07:04 PM.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 07:07 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
The way I read it it was only for Khorne Daemonkin that the rule didn't apply.
Nah, he only gets Daemon Prince of the Ruinstorm/Lord of the Ruinstorm (the rule is called DPotR, but all references to it are LotR - Forge World!) if he's in an Age of Darkness game using the Chaos Daemons book or Legiones Astartes Word Bearers. If you're playing 40k, then just loses his 're-roll a d6 for Instability and dubs are Warp Surge' rule with no compensation, which is shitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel loken. View Post
Samus looks fine. Also, there is no one look to samus. This is his carnation on calth, but he could have looked completely differently on 63-19.

PS you dont have to paint him red
It doesn't look how I imagined him on Calth either. Something less human, stringier, with big ol' horns. Black with yellow eyes (can paint him like this, but judging the FW model here). Walked around on all fours. That's how I pictured it anyway. I think his pose really doesn't help, like he's just tripped over something and is falling forwards roaring in surprise. The model looks a lot better with the open hand though, I think, removes a lot of the awkwardness in having all the model's bulk on the right with nothing on the left.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 07:30 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
If you're playing 40k, then just loses his 're-roll a d6 for Instability and dubs are Warp Surge' rule with no compensation, which is shitty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa6fbOF3x8M

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 07:32 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
This.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 07:42 PM

Garviel loken.'s Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Nah, he only gets Daemon Prince of the Ruinstorm/Lord of the Ruinstorm (the rule is called DPotR, but all references to it are LotR - Forge World!) if he's in an Age of Darkness game using the Chaos Daemons book or Legiones Astartes Word Bearers. If you're playing 40k, then just loses his 're-roll a d6 for Instability and dubs are Warp Surge' rule with no compensation, which is shitty.

It doesn't look how I imagined him on Calth either. Something less human, stringier, with big ol' horns. Black with yellow eyes (can paint him like this, but judging the FW model here). Walked around on all fours. That's how I pictured it anyway. I think his pose really doesn't help, like he's just tripped over something and is falling forwards roaring in surprise. The model looks a lot better with the open hand though, I think, removes a lot of the awkwardness in having all the model's bulk on the right with nothing on the left.
Personally, I thought it would look more Arachnid like. Void of all light, something made of complete darkness

Today, I march for Calth
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 08:17 PM

EWWWWWW what an awful model...

I think we need to make a topic of GWs worst model from a looks point of view (rather than stats or how hard it is to build)... I think that one would be very high up.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-15, 08:19 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hatred (Infantry). What a fucking pointless senseless rule. So Samus just likes bikes now does he? Is he a literal Hell's Angel that he makes people bite the curb just because they're not Bikers?

And seriously, why do FW continue to let Trish Carden anywhere near anything that's not human sized. have you seen the Carmine Dragon? It only looks good from a single angle. possibly the same with this, but the FW camera dude (as in the guy who thinks taking photo's is limited to a white background and a light by the look of things because of something he read on pinterest once) has failed to pick it up.

By the time Ingethel comes round, they better not fuck that up.

Seriously one of my favourite images of 30K.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode