Assassins are next...? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-21-15, 08:08 PM

Yeah by the looks of things the cultists look like the generic ones we know and love, the bases on the assasins looks like gaming bases, so I would be surprised if they didn't release them individually afterward, especially how much it costs to make these plastic molds.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-22-15, 12:46 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I don't put anything past GW @falcoso , given that we've seen a few models born and dead in their specialized box kits (AoBR, DV, Space Hulk, to name a few). That definitely looks like one of the standard Cultists though. Maybe it is indeed just Assassins vs. Chaos instead of the 'various enemies of the Imperium' that I've also read about.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #43 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-22-15, 02:52 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
Uh, no.

And ntaw, they said these models will be available individually in a little while.

They won't.

However, what this actually is is a boxed game with special edition models. It's $125, just like Space Hulk. You get the four Assassins, a Chaos Space Marine Terminator Lord, three Chaos Space Marine Chosen, and fifteen new Cultist sculpts, plus the board, special dice, etc. It's basically this year's stand-alone boxed game. But, this time, the models are all designed to be used in 40k as well, right down to some upcoming datasheets for everything in the box.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #44 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-22-15, 07:49 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I hope that the rumours are wrong and the Chaos forces in the box are unique sculptures. It would be rather cheap of GW to just stick a generic Termie lord, some CSMs and a few Cultists into the box. If they are going to charge 75 for the box, they can at least make sure that each model is unique.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #45 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-22-15, 07:54 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
They won't.

However, what this actually is is a boxed game with special edition models. It's $125, just like Space Hulk. You get the four Assassins, a Chaos Space Marine Terminator Lord, three Chaos Space Marine Chosen, and fifteen new Cultist sculpts, plus the board, special dice, etc. It's basically this year's stand-alone boxed game. But, this time, the models are all designed to be used in 40k as well, right down to some upcoming datasheets for everything in the box.
im not so sure, the numbers dont stack up, the cultist sprue comes as a five man, the chaos space marine snap together is a three man sprue and the terminator lord is a single mini, if the numbers quoted are correct i can see them using the old stuff,dont get wrong i hope you are right,i would love it to be new sculpts, but this really is feeling like a cheap knock together cash cow.

Its a stand alone game, which is a good thing, but it just feels like an expensive vehicle to replace the metal assassins with plastics,plus they will have to release them later for those who want them and dont have the game. i see this going two ways either they will sell out almost straight away because GW produced too few copies like space hulk 2009 or it will dreadfleet because people wont see the point.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #46 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-22-15, 08:46 AM
The Tinkerer

Wookiepelt's Flag is: United Kingdom

...or they could make this game set generally available and the only way to get these 4 new assassin models, i.e. can't simply buy one or two but the 4 as a set!

Don't leave us engineers with too much free time on our hands...
we WILL tinker around and build something!!!

Wookie's Wolfies - A Space Wolves Project Log
post #47 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-22-15, 01:32 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
im not so sure, the numbers dont stack up, the cultist sprue comes as a five man, the chaos space marine snap together is a three man sprue and the terminator lord is a single mini, if the numbers quoted are correct i can see them using the old stuff,dont get wrong i hope you are right,i would love it to be new sculpts, but this really is feeling like a cheap knock together cash cow.

Its a stand alone game, which is a good thing, but it just feels like an expensive vehicle to replace the metal assassins with plastics,plus they will have to release them later for those who want them and dont have the game. i see this going two ways either they will sell out almost straight away because GW produced too few copies like space hulk 2009 or it will dreadfleet because people wont see the point.
My rep kinda sucks, so honestly,it could go either way. But my rep said they were all new sculpts while I was putting numbers in.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #48 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-22-15, 01:37 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
and fifteen new Cultist sculpts
Gunna have to agree with Bits here (aside from the cash cow comment anyway). I'm 99% sure the Cultist in the picture on the cover of the WD is this guy, second in from the top right or second in from the bottom left (same sculpt).

Gun's in the right position, white hand with bandages, hood, mask, red chaos icon on necklace. That being said, if there's boxed game with all readily available models wouldn't it make sense that the Assassins be made available separately as well? I'm down for the box kit of all four as @Wookiepelt suggested, potentially more than buying them separately. Potential savings aside they're all wicked models I want in my collection and on my tabletop.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #49 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-22-15, 02:39 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
My rep kinda sucks, so honestly,it could go either way. But my rep said they were all new sculpts while I was putting numbers in.
let hope he was telling the truth, im on the fence with this , IF i get the chance to pick some up im not sure it will be worth it as the mini count seems quite low and it may not pay to split up the kit without asking a fair amount for the assassins. im on the fence.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #50 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-22-15, 05:56 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
let hope he was telling the truth, im on the fence with this , IF i get the chance to pick some up im not sure it will be worth it as the mini count seems quite low and it may not pay to split up the kit without asking a fair amount for the assassins. im on the fence.
I'm on the fence as well, what will put me over it or back behind it is whether or not every mini in this game is new. If they are, i'll get this. If not, i'll wait for something that's more interesting.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode