Eldar confirmed next week - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 09:51 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
@neferhet

Looks like you won - hawks moving 18" and getting to haywire a flyer is more than I ever thought they'd get so you were easily more accurate than I was. But now I get to pull my hawks out of retirement
And now I need to go buy another squad of guardians and dire avengers. Da with a bs of 5 for a turn and three shots each once per game - I might actually beat a tactical squad with that
I actually think I can go back to using aspect warriors again.
Scorpions getting stealth and shrouded until they fight is interesting especially if the aspect formation gives them ws5

And Neferhet do your worst
Well, actually i didn't won. Our bet was on the "Assault", so actually we both lost. However, this is the FIRST ever direct interaction between a non flyer and a zooming model...

I couldn't really be ok with my soul to decide your avatar...unless you want to use this pic

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 09:51 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Well, Dark Eldar lost the Harlequin troupe last codex, so now I imagine that Craftworld have followed there, at least. That's the only real overlap I see between the three factions we have out, though I wouldn't put it past GW to come up with a Harlequin/Skitarii level Exodite force, too, finally. That would be cool. But yeah, I think it's not too far to say that's what they've done with Eldar factions, not what they might do with them.

Still, I think Daemonkin is a bit different since it's a subset of two other factions mushed together, rather than its own faction distinctly.
Interesting, making these new books more of a finer definition of the armies rather than their predecessors. I'd love to see an Exodite book too.

And I suppose Khorne Daemonkin more or less defined that God's armies rather than specified CSM or CDs. Bad example but you catch my drift.
post #83 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:06 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Yeah, sure, the sky is fucking falling and everyone should just give up now because their underpowered factions obviously have no hope of beating the retarded bullshit fucking neckbeard WAAC faction that isn't even released yet.
I'm not saying the sky is falling. It's just going to be very, very... hard to play Eldar players who field substantial amounts of Wraith. People already talk about refusing to play lists made up of 3+ Knights; 3+ Wraithknight Eldar might just get the same treatment from a sizeable minority player base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Well, actually i didn't won. Our bet was on the "Assault", so actually we both lost. However, this is the FIRST ever direct interaction between a non flyer and a zooming model...
A compromise: both of you pick avatars for each other!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #84 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
This thing got pumped to gargantuan creature... that means it gets stomp, FnP, poison only on 6+, instant death now only does D3 wounds, split fire...
Just glad I have deathmarks now to wound on a 2+ the turn they come in

On a more serious not, look at the major power creep of necrons, then look at the fact deamonkin can get free bloodthirsters, and how Skitarrii are all over the shop before the game has even begun.

At the end of the day I think this will be like fliers all over again. We all panicked and though shit how am I going to deal with that, and now when they appear we are like cool lets get on with this. From the way Codexes are going at the moment I wouldn't consider it all that bad, I mean again going back to necrons, they laugh at the fact that you have strength D, they are still getting 5+++ anyway if they have a decurion and they have enough to get on with killing the thing anyway (see barges or lychguard). Granted yes most codicies won't have a clear method of bringing it down, but we haven't seen the rest of the codex yet nor what the core formations contain that will then allow you to take several.

I'm not worried about it, as I haven't played it yet. If after a couple of months there is still no hope then yes its silly, buT Iexpect from the way 7th has been going I would expect this to be average.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #85 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:25 PM
Entropy Fetishist

The power creep is pretty intense, yeah. Necrons are unkillable with guns that can kill anything, the Eldar can get anywhere in no time flat and kill anything... etc. I'd cede your point about Daemonkin... if my "free" Bloodthirsters didn't a) cost half my army being dead, first and b) take two turns after DSing in swooping to be able to do anything.

What my emotions are basically boiling down to: sorry Eldar players, you still have the best units in the game controlling every single phase of the game, so people are still going to give you shit when you unpack your army and put it on the table. The bitching and moaning every time you bring your army is still going to continue, because getting tabled causes bitching and moaning.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #86 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:27 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoso View Post
Granted yes most codicies won't have a clear method of bringing it down, but we haven't seen the rest of the codex yet nor what the core formations contain that will then allow you to take several.
Fog of Dreams. Hammernators. Dominate with Ld penalties. Psychic Shriek en masse. Hammernators. Lychguard. Devastator Centurions. Daemonhammers en masse for GK. Misfortune and First Rank Fire Second Rank Fire for Guard. Daemonettes for Daemons, or any army that can access Malefic.

My ass do some codexes struggle to deal with it. Armies, sure, but Codexes? No.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #87 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:42 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

The only two things I am annoyed at are Dscythes and the pricing of the Wraithknight.

Dscythes, even with their -1 on the D table, will still obliterate any tank/MC effortlessly. Sure, the wraithcannons can do that to, but at least you have to roll to hit with them...

And the Wraithknight? It makes the Tesseract Vault, Lord of Skulls and Imp. Knights look like a fucking joke. At I5, the Lord of Skulls and Imp. Knights won't even get a chance to swing before being taken apart (assuming the sword is being used). And I realize the the point of the Vault is different from the others, as they are CC machines, but its still nearly double the points of a WK for something that fires a random attack, that might not even be what you need.
post #88 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
A compromise: both of you pick avatars for each other!
@neferhet
This? Its either that or we both end up being too polite to win

Can anyone explain from the rumours how monofilament is going to work?
I read it but I kept going crosseyed...

Last edited by Gret79; 04-17-15 at 10:59 PM.
post #89 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 11:12 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
And the Wraithknight? It makes the Tesseract Vault, Lord of Skulls and Imp. Knights look like a fucking joke. At I5, the Lord of Skulls and Imp. Knights won't even get a chance to swing before being taken apart (assuming the sword is being used). And I realize the the point of the Vault is different from the others, as they are CC machines, but its still nearly double the points of a WK for something that fires a random attack, that might not even be what you need.
Well, the Tesseract is a pretty crappy super-heavy anyway so makes for an unfair comparison, and the Lord of Skulls is almost always going to have Invisibility and/or Shrouding from Be'lakor (who always goes with it) or the Grimoire for a 3++. As for Imperial Knights, yeah, I'd agree that the Wraithknight is probably better.

300pts for a Wraithknight and everyone says Eldar are overpowered, but look at some of the Lord of War options for other factions; Orks pay 500pts for an AV13/13/12 12HP Super-Heavy Walker with a pair of 7" Blast Destroyer shots that you can pack full of cheap Meks and give it an Invulnerable to make it preposterous to kill. Imperials can get a Knight-Acheron, which I'll take over a Wraithknight - 415pts for a Knight with a Str7 AP3 Hellstorm template and an extra attack? 380pts for a Knight with an 8-shot Str7 AP3 TL gun and hitting everyone in base to base with Str10 AP2 Deflagrate? Sure, these things are all Lord of War so you can only bring one per detachment, but who cares? It's not hard to get an extra HQ and 2 troops.

Bring three Wraithknights for 900pts and I'll bring Aetaos'rau'keres for 999pts and it'll become evident that being able to bring a silly giant monster in this game isn't something new that Eldar can do that makes Eldar overpowered.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #90 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 11:34 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
and the Lord of Skulls is almost always going to have Invisibility and/or Shrouding from Be'lakor (who always goes with it) or the Grimoire for a 3++
Oh, I'm sorry, the Lord of Skulls has gone from 3x the cost of a Wraithknight to 4x, if you include Be'lakor. That's clearly why a Lord of Skulls with no invisibility on it (or with Invisibility failed, or with Invisibility denied) should still get shattered by a Wraithknight before it gets to strike.

Quote:
Bring three Wraithknights for 900pts and I'll bring Aetaos'rau'keres for 999pts
So what are the other 3000 points in the list going to be, given that a Daemon Lord still can't be more than 25% of your list?

I concede that there are definitely some great Lords of War out there. I practically never see any of those Lords of War, however, and I know a shitload of players with (multiple) Wraithknights, though. And if the leaked super-detachment is a thing, you can take as many Wraithknights as you like after paying a few-unit tax, in a 1-12 choice. Like the 1-8 Lord of Skulls in a Blood Host. I think we can realistically expect to see and face 3-Wraithknight armies; I have yet to face a Stompa or a Cerastus Knight. I am fortunate in that regard, I know, but it doesn't make the Wraithknight any less incredibly powerful for it's dirt cheap price tag (as far as LoW go). It is one of the highest (if not the highest, tied with the far more expensive Knight-Lancer) Initiative D-strength melee weapons in the game with a solid number of attacks, at this point.

CSM Plog, Tactica

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 04-17-15 at 11:37 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode