Eldar confirmed next week - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:02 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

This has got to be the biggest pile of feces they came up with yet.

those jetbikes and the very spammable wraithknight (12 per decurion style detachment it was?) can break the game, especially if they can be taken as individual detachments (like canoptyk harvest?)

Guess it's just packing up your stuff and moving on to the next game if you see certain eldar armies coming. Sad times, they were doing so well with balance right up untill the last 2 books, I actually had hope for a balanced edition.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:04 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Wraithknights cost 295 (can switch the ranged D-weapons for a melee D-weapon+shield for free)
Expensive as fuck for two non-TL, non-blast, non-Ignores Cover Destroyer shots at BS4. Better be a damn good melee unit.

Quote:
Wraithguard cost the same, and D-Scythes get -1 on rolls to the Destroyer Table.
Huh, so they only wound on 3s and can't get Deathblow? That's... actually pretty entirely reasonable, sure.

Quote:
Wave Serpents cost 110 points, but the Serpent Shield is 24" 2D6 S6 Ignores Cover, One Use Only (plus no laser lock on scatter lasers, anymore).
Fuuuuuuck yeeeeeees.

Quote:
Some other interesting stuff. Swooping Hawks can Haywire flyers they move over (sorry @neferhet --not quite "assaulting"). Banshees ignore I penalty assaulting into cover.
Great, matching abilities to fluff. Better late than never!

Quote:
All in all looks like some much needed buffs and nerfs, and it looks pretty fun and balanced... aside from the massed, massive Wraith-D looming over the battlefield alongside jetbikes jetbikes jetbikes spitting out 40 S6 shots with a threat range of 36" per turn for 270 points.
I'm really liking the look of it. Sure, Jetbikes can fire a load of shots, but since there won't be a bajillion Str7 Ignores Cover shots coming in from AV12 4+/3+ cover fast skimmers, that's not something new that Eldar can do and not Ignoring Cover is a huge deal.

I'll take Jetbikes with Scatter Lasers across the table than Serpents any day.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #73 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:10 PM

@neferhet

Looks like you won - hawks moving 18" and getting to haywire a flyer is more than I ever thought they'd get so you were easily more accurate than I was. But now I get to pull my hawks out of retirement
And now I need to go buy another squad of guardians and dire avengers. Da with a bs of 5 for a turn or three shots each once per game - I might actually beat a tactical squad with that
I actually think I can go back to using aspect warriors again.
Scorpions getting stealth and shrouded until they fight is interesting especially if the aspect formation gives them ws5

And Neferhet do your worst

Last edited by Gret79; 04-18-15 at 12:04 AM.

post #74 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:26 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Expensive as fuck for two non-TL, non-blast, non-Ignores Cover Destroyer shots at BS4. Better be a damn good melee unit.
Are you smoking something? It needs to have that as well before you start considering it?

This thing got pumped to gargantuan creature... that means it gets stomp, FnP, poison only on 6+, instant death now only does D3 wounds, split fire...

For a laughable points increase on a model that was already pretty damn sick... and now the weapons are StrD?? All for under 300... You must have a very weird view of "expensive as fuck" or not have the faintest clue what game balance is. Face 3-4 of them in the new formation style the eldar have... See if you still think it's undercosted.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #75 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:26 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
Are you smoking something? It needs to have that as well before you start considering it?

This thing got pumped to gargantuan creature... that means it gets stomp, FnP, poison only on 6+, instant death now only does D3 wounds, split fire...

For a laughable points increase on a model that was already pretty damn sick... and now the weapons are StrD?? All for under 300... You must have a very weird view of "expensive as fuck" or not have the faintest clue what game balance is. Face 3-4 of them in the new formation style the eldar have... See if you still think it's undercosted.
Stomp is a big one, I think, for clearing tarpits (and the occasional "let's remove 3 Wraiths/Hammernators because I rolled a 6!"). Don't forget Strikedown and snipers only wounding it on 6s too, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
As an I5 melee unit, they'll shred Knights before Knights get to attack, period. For about 80 points cheaper.

Plus we have support platforms and non-scythe wraithguard to think about, which don't have the -1 to the D table... but will only be ignoring armor, not cover. W/r/t D-scythes, yah, looks like. Ignores Cover too, which is important when compared to these other ranged D-weapons, but... don't forget the "D3 wounds per 3+" aspect of it too. Now you're not praying to roll a 6 to wound, but will be splattering any MC without a fantastic invuln basically guaranteed, if you're in range.

I imagine we'll still see some Wave Serpents for pinch shooting and to transport Wraithguard, but... yeah, jetbikes are going to be more prominent.

I feel like they struck a pretty good balance with Wave Serpents, honestly, not over-nerfing but providing some much-needed balance to the unit--from a brief overview, not having playtested, obviously. 2D6 S6 Ignores Cover shots per Wave Serpent is still going to make for one hell of a shooting phase in a pinch. The real question is if it still downgrades pens to glances, and if it continues to do so after the One Use Only.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 04-17-15 at 10:30 PM.
post #76 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:27 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

I'm curious if there will be any units absent from the book.
post #77 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:33 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
I'm curious if there will be any units absent from the book.
I think GW have mostly been dropping units they don't have minis for, and they already culled those from Eldar last codex.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #78 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:35 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I think GW have mostly been dropping units they don't have minis for, and they already culled those from Eldar last codex.
I meant more like how Khorne Daemonkin didn't have certain stuff like Oblits, plague marines, etc. Cause those will obviously be present either in other daemonkin books, or left out for thematic reasons. So since this is a "Craftworld" book, does that mean they're going to define the Elder more specifically? IE "These are Craftworld Eldar, those are Exodite Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequin Eldar, etc."

Probably not the case, but still curious to see.
post #79 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:45 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
I meant more like how Khorne Daemonkin didn't have certain stuff like Oblits, plague marines, etc. Cause those will obviously be present either in other daemonkin books, or left out for thematic reasons. So since this is a "Craftworld" book, does that mean they're going to define the Elder more specifically? IE "These are Craftworld Eldar, those are Exodite Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequin Eldar, etc."

Probably not the case, but still curious to see.
Well, Dark Eldar lost the Harlequin troupe last codex, so now I imagine that Craftworld have followed there, at least. That's the only real overlap I see between the three factions we have out, though I wouldn't put it past GW to come up with a Harlequin/Skitarii level Exodite force, too, finally. That would be cool. But yeah, I think it's not too far to say that's what they've done with Eldar factions, not what they might do with them.

Still, I think Daemonkin is a bit different since it's a subset of two other factions mushed together, rather than its own faction distinctly.

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #80 of 170 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 10:51 PM
Rattlehead

Yeah, sure, the sky is fucking falling and everyone should just give up now because their underpowered factions obviously have no hope of beating the retarded bullshit fucking neckbeard WAAC faction that isn't even released yet.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode