New Space marines codex (update for 7th ed) - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 02:56 PM
Rattlehead

I don't so much mind that they come together in one kit, but the fact that they come together as one option in the rules for 400pts is disappointing because I totally wanted to run the Land Raider, but I don't want to have to bring a Rhino with it.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 03:02 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
that they come together as one option in the rules for 400pts
What did I miss here, have the rules for these models leaked and not made it to this thread?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #83 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 03:13 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
what did i miss here, have the rules for these models leaked and not made it to this thread?

Click image for larger version

Name:	11147888_944407782246757_8975064738537882111_n.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	959966530
Click image for larger version

Name:	11150717_944407805580088_5373292958201360173_n.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	959966538

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Last edited by MidnightSun; 05-17-15 at 03:16 PM.

post #84 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 04:22 PM

Some tasty stuff in there! Not gunna lie, totally blown away by every SM army being able to take them. BA and SW (and sometimes DA..?) usually get left out of the fun, no?

....also, notice no mention of Black Templars as a Faction despite the rumours of them leaving the main SM Codex.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 05-17-15 at 07:02 PM.
post #85 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 05:24 PM

Do we know the author of the codex?
post #86 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 10:26 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Both of those for 400 points sounds pretty great, honestly. Giving 2 units of Devs Skyfire would be nice (or, sorry, one of them "snaps fire at full BS," heh), but there's a lot of flexibility there for when you aren't against flyers. Good anchors to a firebase, hiding that Rhino in a Ruin or behind an ADl (or, hell, in a Skyshield Landing Pad) with potential counter-attackers inside the Land Raider, or some such.

@Orochi : I don't know if GW are publishing the authors of their codexes anymore, given how much hatred got heaped on Matt Ward, calling Cruddace's books Cruddexes, the hurt anger whenever Phil Kelly made a sub-par book... Daemonkin, certainly, at least, didn't have the author's name written anywhere on it (though a fellow named Simon Green took credit for it on Facebook), and I haven't heard folks talking about who the author of the Harlequin, Skitarii, new Eldar codexes, etc, are (apart from some assumptions the new Eldar dex was from Kelly).

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 05-17-15 at 10:28 PM.
post #87 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 10:43 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I don't know if GW are publishing the authors of their codexes anymore
Even when a name is on (or in) a codex, they are much more of a team effort anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDeathclaw View Post
£75 for both tanks

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Last edited by Bindi Baji; 05-17-15 at 10:45 PM.
post #88 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 10:54 PM

The back of the box, showing some of the commander options and closeups on the detail work (from BoLS).

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #89 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-17-15, 11:15 PM

LokiDeathclaw's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Hahahahhaahaha I thought that when I saw the price. I honestly think they are horrible

Loki Deathclaw's Great Company-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126454

High Elves Plog- Caledor Warhost-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=154490
post #90 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-18-15, 05:37 AM

Oh great, now all I need to do is to spend $2,300 dollars on airfare and accommodation and i'll get a box, but seriously they'd look great Chaosified. Pity i'll never get them.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode