Codex: Khorne Daemonkin - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Default Codex: Khorne Daemonkin

It appears to be real!

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/03/t...ex-khorne.html

Quote:
Whoa, a new codex is coming this weekend, codex Khorne Daemonkin. I can already see that this might very well lead into the other chaos gods as well, which is something everyone has really been looking forward to for years. This is going to be rather exciting.

This is not really a rumor at this point, as I have many sources sending it to me.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Codex: Khorne Daemonkin
120pg hardback Codex. Rules for fielding a combined force of Khornate Chaos Space Marines with Daemons of Khorne.
£30

Warhammer 40,000 Datacards: Khorne Daemonkin
45 reference cards; 36 tactical objective cards; and 9 large-format ‘Blood for the Blood God’ cards.

Khorne Daemonkin Warband
10 Chaos Space Marines; 5 Possessed Chaos Space Marines; 5 Chaos Terminators; a Chaos Helbrute; 3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne; 12 Khorne Berserkers; and a Resin Herald of Khorne.
£140

Also New Citadel model cases
Skirmish – 100 infatry size case
Battle – 200 infantry case
Crusader – 400 infantry case

HELL YES!

This is me right now:

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 03-16-15 at 03:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 03:41 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Hmm I'm not too fussed about this I must admit - I think it's a weird step to take. Why not just combine the two dexes to one big Chaos codex, instead of this weird hybrid step?

I think it feels like a half-assed solution to a bigger problem. I'm guessing the plan is now to reveal 4 codecies, with marines and daemons in each?
post #3 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 03:50 PM

The cases sound interesting, how many models does a standard case hold? (The £35 one?)

post #4 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Hmm I'm not too fussed about this I must admit - I think it's a weird step to take. Why not just combine the two dexes to one big Chaos codex, instead of this weird hybrid step?

I think it feels like a half-assed solution to a bigger problem. I'm guessing the plan is now to reveal 4 codecies, with marines and daemons in each?
Who knows what their plans are? In all likelihood the rules will suck anyway, let's be honest. But I don't even care, this is exactly the army I wanted. Not that I couldn't play it before by using the allies matrix, but this is something new and exciting.

I would hope that this format doesn't necessarily replace the Khorne-themed aspects of the CSM/Daemons codices. But who knows? It would allow them to release like 6 fucking books, so that might be right up their alley.

*edit*

Here's the big question I have, though: As Battle Brothers, will Khorne-CSM and Khorne-Daemons units/Independent Characters finally be able to join each other? The current rules prevent that, and that's always gimped our abilities when allying.

Last edited by venomlust; 03-16-15 at 04:08 PM.
post #5 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 04:05 PM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

Before anyone points out any working URL's:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/...-Bunny-Kittens

...and you get the exact same result.

OT: I guess those "Book of Khorne" rumors were true after all. So hopefully the other three gods will get theirs soon enough.

Modelling Projects
post #6 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

It would be great if there's a new unit option, or two (or ten ). New models seems pretty unlikely, but you never know! As has been said before, I think we can count on something good for the new Bloodthirster(s). But I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same rules as before.

I really hope they continue with these for the other 3 gods. A Tzeentch book would be very exciting, as well. Hell, they all would.

post #7 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 04:17 PM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
It would be great if there's a new unit option, or two (or ten ). New models seems pretty unlikely, but you never know! As has been said before, I think we can count on something good for the new Bloodthirster(s). But I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same rules as before.

I really hope they continue with these for the other 3 gods. A Tzeentch book would be very exciting, as well. Hell, they all would.
Being cynical and knowing GW, they'll publish a Book for Nurgle and then give up

Modelling Projects
post #8 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
Being cynical and knowing GW, they'll publish a Book for Nurgle and then give up
Let's not pretend that isn't entirely possible.

post #9 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 05:21 PM

frenchi861's Flag is: China

I can't beleive that the red shirt just told me the true!!! I am so happy now!! Now, lets see what will be inside because a codex will not change the rule for assaulting! Now I hope for better bloodletter, better rule for bloodthirster...

Anything on the ‘Blood for the Blood God’ cards?
post #10 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-16-15, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchi861 View Post
I can't beleive that the red shirt just told me the true!!! I am so happy now!! Now, lets see what will be inside because a codex will not change the rule for assaulting! Now I hope for better bloodletter, better rule for bloodthirster...

Anything on the ‘Blood for the Blood God’ cards?
Just speculation, at this point. I can imagine the units getting more frenzied as the game progresses, maybe with some close combat bonuses or something.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode