Codex: Khorne Daemonkin - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 12:10 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
Hmm, I already have a unit of terminators and zerkers, is it worth it to buy the box any way for the demons and possessed? Though it might be nice to have more than 5 termies.
Assuming the units stated in the first page of this thread are the actual units listed in the box... I would say "no," honestly. Bloodcrushers are hideously expensive for models that can be Instant-Deathed by a single S8+ hit, Possessed rely on a random D3 roll to be at all useful, and Zerkers are general underperformers. A Herald of Khorne is only useful if on a Juggernaut, or in this context if able to join non-Daemon units (which is as of yet unknown, though no rumors have as of yet hinted towards it).

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 12:29 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
Hmm, I already have a unit of terminators and zerkers, is it worth it to buy the box any way for the demons and possessed? Though it might be nice to have more than 5 termies.
only you can answer that

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #63 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 12:35 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Man I hope this is not the big let down I think it is going to be. We really don't need a £30 codex to bring a £70 model and bigger bases for bezerkers into 40k.

Last edited by DaisyDuke; 03-18-15 at 12:38 PM.

post #64 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 12:59 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
only you can answer that
i wasn't really asking from a monetary standpoint but rather from an army list standpoint. I'm not sure i would ever be looking to field 10 terminators and 20 zerkers, though it might be nice to have the spare terminators bits for more wysiwyg terminator squads.
post #65 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 01:46 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Man I hope this is not the big let down I think it is going to be. We really don't need a £30 codex to bring a £70 model and bigger bases for bezerkers into 40k.
what makes you think it will be a let down and if you dont need it what does it matter if it is a let down?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #66 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 02:02 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
what makes you think it will be a let down and if you dont need it what does it matter if it is a let down?
To echo what others have said, if there aren't some special rules to make it easier for the units to get into combat then i think it would be a little bit of a let down. We'd have a whole codex of giant beatsticks that can't really deliver to their potential.

Or it could be a let down in that its not really anything new but just a mash up of the existing rules from the current 'dexes.

With that said, i'm still pretty excited.
post #67 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Man, I feel you @Mossy Toes . Likely due to a similar upbringing, I agree with you assessment of the situation. While definitely excited, it is a disappointing release because 1) it looks like we will need 3 books and 2) those books and the units therein could go unupdated for a long time.

That being said, it's not like said units could possibly be worse, right? RIGHT?! And it's still all totally Blood for the Blood God and stuff! That's what I love, that's why I play Chaos.

Special edition for $165? FML, I'm actually tempted. I must be fucking insane. GW broke me! Gah!

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 03-18-15 at 03:57 PM.
post #68 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 05:33 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Man, I feel you @Mossy Toes . Likely due to a similar upbringing, I agree with you assessment of the situation. While definitely excited, it is a disappointing release because 1) it looks like we will need 3 books and 2) those books and the units therein could go unupdated for a long time.
While I agree the inflationary nature of capitalism is destructive to the vast majority of human beings laboring under that system and to the world on it exists, I think we need to reel in the dialogue here. GW are as guilty of playing by those rules as any other successful corporation but not more so.

And in this case GW are apparently damned either way. Chaos players have clamored for God specific books since 2nd edition condensed the 2 Realms of Chaos books into a single Codex.

Personally, they're right on track. God focused books. More daemon engines. New chaos models. I don't like all the models but hey it's an improvement. And some of the newer models are awesome (ex. Raptors/Warp Talons).

Sure, costs have relatively gone up, but one doesn't need all 4 books. Buy the one(s) which fit your tastes and models, and let the others go for a while.

I think the only legitimate reasons for complaints are going to be bad rules, poor models, and high cost.

High cost is a given with GW, so I would argue we should factor that out, leaving poor quality products. Which is less likely.

GW's codex quality seems to have consistently improved over the years both in binding and graphic design. So either the rules or models could be weak.

Anything else sounds suspiciously like whining.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #69 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

It's indeed too soon for whining, and I was doing a bit of it. I'm sure I'll be happy with the book, but I wanted more out of it.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #70 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 05:49 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
... but I wanted more out of it.
Heh. Well, Chaos will gladly accept your soul in exchange for what you felt was missing.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode