Codex: Khorne Daemonkin - Page 20 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I think the guy with the codex noped the fuck out after all the bombardment of questions and the inevitable arguing back and forth about how badly the codex blows. Was asked a few times about the faction details but never got around to answering. Sent him a PM, maybe he'll get back to me. Either way, we should know soon! You'd think other people would be leaking stuff by now.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 05:26 AM

frenchi861's Flag is: China

Hi everyone,

I decided to write my opinion on all this rumours and I have to desagree with some of you but I am a little skeptical about all that has been said and here is why:

1) I don't mean that the guy is a liar but, we only have rumour for one guy and the only proof he gave was a picture of the cover. I have been, saturday, to two different GW and none of them received the book yet! But the guy yes. I might be wrong but I learn to not beleive everything people tell me.

2) In the case of the guy not being troll, he started answering question about rule after what? an hour with the book? That means the guy maybe made mistake wit some rule. We have a section of the forum just for rule because people misread or doesn't interprete them the same way.

3) Formation: GW is creating formation to make us play with things we will not normaly play with. In the case of the formation given, We have 5/6 of them but half of the codex is not represented! Which mean, or you play formation with limited choice or play CAD. Which make the point of the formation useless (my opinion). Will I keep my Maulerfiend home to be able to summon daemon? I don't know. And that intrigue me, maybe he forgot to metion a few other "formation" like the BT one, that don't give any special rule.

My point is, we have one source with no real proof of what ha says is true. (just the cover picture) and with only his interpretation of the rule. (if what he says is true). Now, mayeb I am also hoping for him to be wrong, I like the rules he mentioned, and I liek the formation but not behing able to play my Fiends or Spawn is a dealbreaker for me!
Some of the artefacts sounds fun but we should wait to see the points. And the Axe of Khorne! It's expensive at 30 points but maybe it's a bug or maybe the rule are different from the Axe in DC codex.

Here are my thoughts of all this rumours, I will still buy it, bad or good, and I will still play CSM mostly khorne. I just continue to hope until I see some scan or other of the rules.

My Blog: Reno's Wargaming Blog (Battle Report, Painting, Showcase...)
post #193 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 05:47 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Rumors are just rumors until the book is released. I wouldn't take anything any rumor says personally, and if the guy is a fake we'll know soon enough and he'll suffer for it rep wise.

post #194 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

*Sharpens the points of his pitchfork*

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #195 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchi861 View Post
3) Formation: GW is creating formation to make us play with things we will not normaly play with. In the case of the formation given, We have 5/6 of them but half of the codex is not represented! Which mean, or you play formation with limited choice or play CAD. Which make the point of the formation useless (my opinion). Will I keep my Maulerfiend home to be able to summon daemon? I don't know. And that intrigue me, maybe he forgot to metion a few other "formation" like the BT one, that don't give any special rule.
The BT formation is the same as you get for Necrons. They have "Star-God" as a formation. That can be Deceiver, Nightbringer, Transcendent or Tesseract. None of them are actually a formation, but are just a unit that can be bought that has no additional special rules for being part of the Decurion, outside of they would also get the bonus for Ever-Living (the Decurion Bonus). The same goes for the Deathmarks and Flayed Ones entry for a Decurion. It is just 1 unit with no additional special rules other than receiving the bonus of "Ever-Living" for being part of a Decurion.
I would assume that the Bloodhost has a similar thing. This will likely be an auxiliary for Helbrutes, Maulers, Forgefiends, Heldrake. Defilers, Soulgrinders that could have a 1-3 Daemon Engines this likely would have to also have the accessibility for adding in the Warpsmith in to the list. Obliterators and Mutilators could be paired up. Havoks and Chosen could be another one of the optional extras. Not to mention Vindicators and Predators that also don't appear. Each of these might be in a slot on the Decurion style formation, just having not been mentioned due to no special rules being allocated to them outside of the "Bloodhost" formation rule if any.

Last edited by mayegelt; 03-23-15 at 09:12 AM.
post #196 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 09:15 AM

frenchi861's Flag is: China

I agree totally, and I hope this is true. Now, the rumours indicate that Oblit, Havocs, Mutilators are not part of the codex (Maybe predator too, don't remember). But he mention the BT as a formation without rule. That's why I think we should wait and see the all thing and not just start complaining about half of the book without knowing the other half.

My Blog: Reno's Wargaming Blog (Battle Report, Painting, Showcase...)
post #197 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 11:06 AM

If you read the posts though from the guy he seems to be Spanish I believe, and I think a lot of people have called the things you attach to your reclamation legion (what is a formation) as formations. In the majority of the cases that is true, the Royal Court, Judicator Battalion, Destroyer Cult, Canoptek Harvest, Annihilation Nexus, Living Tomb, Deathbringer Flight all are Formations listed in the codex. However the Flayed ones, Deathmarks are not, and the collective group of that is listed as Star-God also are not a formation.
In actuality all these things in the form of the Decurion are called Core (Reclamation), Command (Royal Court) or Auxiliary (everything else listed above). Each of these things in the Detachment is treated in the same way as your traditional HQ, Elite, Troops, Fast Attack, Heavy Support, Fortification and Lord of War. The only compulsory choices in the case of Decurion is 1+ Reclamation Legion, Then you must take a minimum of 1 and max of 10 Auxiliary choice & the option of 0-1 Royal court per Reclamation Legion (both Auxiliary and Royal Court).

Personally this reminds me massively of the old Tyranids in Space Marine (before it was rebanded again to Epic 40k). They basically had their starter hex card of a Dominatrix, That had an arrow pointing out of every direction of the hex. You then could attach any hex card to her. All other cards had an input arrow pointing in from 1 direction and some of these cards like the harridan had a single arrow pointing out, while Hive Tyrants had 3 exit arrows. Most cards however had no exit arrows so ended the chain.
In essence it was a great new way to have an army design and if you lost your link the start card you ended up reverting back to instinct rules rather than having full control over your stuff. What basically meant that melee things tended to run the shortest route they could to the nearest enemy, firing ones shot the closest thing they could fire at.

In either case I think I prefer the new Decurion style of army lists than the current 1-2 HQ, 2-6 Troops, 0-3 Elite, 0-3 Fast Attack, 0-3 Heavy Support, 0-1 Lord of War, 0-1 Fortification.
If you actually look at the Decurion as a whole you have 1HQ, 0-2 Elite, 3-12 troops, 1-3 Fast Attack & 0-3 Heavy Support to start you off for the Reclamation Legion, though the options of what you can take is strictly limited. On top of this you take an Auxiliary what could be as simple as 1 Elite to 1HQ, 3Fast Attacks and 1 Heavy Support.
Most of these 'Formations' or Auxiliaries seem to have some form of special thing that is themed with the army and some even have potential drawbacks of having to take something that normally under min-max / WAAC circumstances you would not even consider.
The other thing to add to that is that they have access to Lord of Skulls. But that was not mentioned in the formation section that was listed by that poster.
The odd thing I said before about this is that these special detachments can't have Fortifications by the looks of it.

Last edited by mayegelt; 03-23-15 at 11:15 AM.
post #198 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 01:17 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

BoLS has an 'inside the book' post up from black library. Not much, but the pictures are pretty sweet.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/...ok-inside.html
post #199 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 02:25 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchi861 View Post
But he mention the BT as a formation without rule. That's why I think we should wait and see the all thing and not just start complaining about half of the book without knowing the other half.
This is already a thing from Codex Necrons. Why should this be any different? Why does it NEED to have special rules? On top of what it already has?

@mayegelt , are you sure that those 'formations' listed in the Necron dex aren't called formations? Pretty sure they are called formations but I'm AFB

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #200 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 02:33 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

The formations in the Cron book are called Formations. It's only the Decurion that is called a Detachment.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode