Codex: Khorne Daemonkin - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 04:26 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

I don't think so, at 120 pages its not only bigger than the black legion/crimson slaughter supplements, its bigger than the CSM codex. Although since its a combo CSM/CD book that would make the pages more in line with a supplement.

I'm just speculating wildly on a sunday morning when i've had too much coffee, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I missed the part about Rhinos in the fast attack @mayegelt , that's pretty sweet!

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #173 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
All posted already in this thread .

post #174 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 04:43 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

That eternal warrior armour is like a must have item every time.
post #175 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 04:49 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
That eternal warrior armour is like a must have item every time.
word...i lost my juggerlord last night in the first round of combat to a thunder hammer...did not realize the dude wielding it was strength 5 until it was too late.
post #176 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 04:53 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
This is more akin to the Crimson Slaughter and other supplement books, where they likely won't have the rules and point costs for models and expect you to use the books they came from. So for this, we would be using the rules from the Chaos Space Marines codex and the Chaos Daemons codex.
Nope. This has rules for units in it unlike the Crimson Slaughter.

That said if someone REALLY wants Kharn in the army they could ally him in. He wouldn't do any of the book's things but it's an option.
post #177 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Lololololol someone just paid 255 bucks for a Skulltaker edition on ebay when it isn't even sold out yet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271812689296...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As if the thing wasn't expensive enough!

Last edited by venomlust; 03-22-15 at 06:27 PM.
post #178 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 07:06 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
All posted already in this thread .
Sorry, I hadn't been following this thread that closely in the last few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Lololololol someone just paid 255 bucks for a Skulltaker edition on ebay when it isn't even sold out yet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271812689296...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As if the thing wasn't expensive enough!
Maybe they're an Aussie or a Kiwi and it's cheaper that way?

Last edited by Zion; 03-22-15 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Double Post.
post #179 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Ah, didn't consider that.

*edit*

It would also appear to be sold out in certain parts of the world. Checked the NZ version of the website and it's sold out there. Also Australia. Interesting.

Last edited by venomlust; 03-22-15 at 07:50 PM.
post #180 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-22-15, 09:01 PM

Very interesting that they have only a limited number to send out to the colonies

As said
Quote:
Units in the codex are:

HQ: Chaos Lord, Daemon Prince, Herald, Blood Throne, Skulltaker, 3x BT
Troops: Chaos cultists, CSM, Zerkers, Bloodletters
Elite: Possessed, Chaos Termis, Bloodcrushers
FA: Spawns, Rhino, Bikerts, Flesh hounds, Raptors, Talons, Heldrake
HS: Land Raider, Fiends, Defiler, Soul Grinder, Helbrute, Skull cannon
LoW: Lord of Skulls

Zerkers and CSM can take Rhinos
Though also note that remembering the weird formation thing, you cant just buy rhinos for in there. Though you could have a CAD purely for the purpose of 3 FA slots for buying rhinos.

Though my review of the detachment is dodgy for a Bloodhost (said to be like the Decurion)

Quote:
Mandatory: Slaughter cult (1 HQ, 2-8 Bezerkers, Bloodletters or Chaos Space Marines in any combination), 1-4 Possessed, 0-2 Spawn units, 0-2 Cultits

Benefits: Reroll Warlord trait and generates 1 Blood point every turn. When spending blood points you can for free get another bonus with less value than the first one.
This seems good in it self, the only penalty you get is having to buy some possessed, but the additional free Blood Point and being able to potentially convert a champ in to a Blood Thirster & Daemon Prince on the same turn is HUGE. Especially if the sword that generates a blood point for every wound is every wound inflicted by you, rather than taken by you. Because how hard would it be to get a Khorne Lord to run in with 3 attacks +2 for charge, +1 for 2 weapons, +1 for juggernaut (so 7 attacks), then HoW attack from the Juggernaut, +2 weak attacks if he can have a combat familiar. You could on average against a MEQ squad (if it is AP2-3 and S as user) kill 4-6 guys, then if you were in a challenge you will gain an additional point for killing the sergeant or whatever.
So in that situation you have generated 6 yourself by killing 5 and gaining a bonus 1, then you generate 1 for free each turn, so you have 7 points just from the lord!
The only disappointment for me is that it is 0-2 cultists, I would have liked to see 0-4.
Also just editing this one in, what if you had more than one Bloodhost / Slaughter Cult... would you generate 1 additional free blood point per host/cult... it is 370 at lowest pts for the HQ (Herald) 2 CSM of Khorne, 1 Possessed of Khorne. Then I assume if the same as Decurion you need to buy an optional as well what would probably be either a Lord of Slaughter at 250pts or Gorepack at 232pts as base of 602 if you take minimums if designed the same way as Decurion are.

Quote:
Lord of Slaughter: 1 BloodThirster
Just getting an extra one... woo! THOUGH if this formation thing is like the Necron one, it doesn't seem to say you are limited to only having 1 of each of the formations, just 1-8 optional ones I think is listed in the Necron book. So could take multiple of this if you wanted more BTs

Quote:
Brazen Onslaught: 1-4 units of Termis, 2-4 units of Bloodcrushers (+1A in CaC if opponent has more models in that combat)
I assume CaC is meant to be in Close Combat. That one could be nice, though personally still not a fan on Terminators and Bloodcrushers tend to be a bit of a big target due to T4 and W3 each and a teribad save.
Though that being said, if you have a load of Bloodcrushers, what is the chance he can take them all out before they get there.

Quote:
Khorne Bloodstorm: 2-4 units of Raptors, 1-4 units of Warp Talons, 0-1 Helldrake (+1S of HoW attacks)
I doubt unless they address the points value for Warp Talons being way way way to high that anyone will want to take this pack. Shame it is the only way to get a drake without having to also have an AD or CAD in addition to your force. Also Raptors tend to not see much light in games I have seen.

Quote:
Gorepack: 2-4 Chaos Bikers, 1-4 Fleshhounds (Fleshhouds get HoW, and Bikers reroll to wound their HoW attacks
This is the BIG DOG of the formations. This is where if like I said above you can choose multiple of the same pack that my points will be burnt in. 2-4 units of bikers... yes plz... 1-4 units of Flesh Hounds... yes yes yes oh god yes plz!.
In most of my CSM armies Bikers or Spawn take up every FA slot I have, though granted they are marked with Nurgle as well. But add in Fleshhounds what ALWAYS take up all 3 FA choices in every daemon CAD I do, and yeah... Hounds that can rip apart tanks and get in to combat so fast that it stops your opponents firing lines... pure pure awesome sauce! The bikers are the side note on this, but it does give you a fast army that on T2 should be almost entirely engaged in Melee.

Quote:
Charnel Cohort: 1 HQ (not a BT), 2-8 Bloodletters, 1-4 Fleshhounds, 1-4 Bloodcrushers, 0-4 Skull Cannon (Fear tests with -2LD, if HQ is in reserves may reroll to enter the battle. Other units do not scatter if enter reserves at 6" of the HQ
This is the one I am completely unsure on. HQ is good, Bloodletters would be more needed on the base units you had (though could have CSM or Bezzys as the Core ones), 1-4 Flesh Hounds is great, 1-4 Bloodcrushers isn't. 0-4 Skull Cannons is ok as it has a 0, but I don't think anyone will be fielding them unless they are assaulting a fort or know that the board is terrain heavy.
But in either case the special rule is just not great, and doesn't offer enough to really make you think that you would take it over just adding in a CAD with the 1HQ and 2 Troop choices you have to make. Then you aren't being taxed for the Bloodcrushers.

What also strikes me as odd is the list that seems to say the benefit of the Slaughter Cult but not the Blood Host or vice versa...
In the case of the Decurion the whole army attached to that Detachment of formations gets a bonus to its reanimations, while the Reclamation Legion (the core thing) get 2 USRs & 1 Unique rule for those in that are in that individual part of the formation, in addition to the Decurion bonus. Of course other formation in there get the Decurion bonus and some individual USRs and Unique rules for those formations as well.
So I would assume that the listed bonus for the Slaughter Cult is either a merged version of both the rules for the Cult and Host. Otherwise there is no real point in either, as you could happily take detachments as you entire army anyway (like I did with the 1 Murderpack, 3 Mayhem Packs Helcult army).

Last edited by mayegelt; 03-22-15 at 09:17 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode