Codex: Khorne Daemonkin - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

From commenter BadTucker on Natfka:

Quote:
Got my white dwarf... so good , theres a boon of khorne rule for a formation called the slaughtercult - when you pay the tithe they give you two results from the table instead of one , then you pick what one you want.

You must use points correctly... so if you you gain 6 points and a herald costs 4 - you will loose your remaining points. no stacking...makes the 8 point bloodthirster harder to summon. 8 is the max points that can be held.

only the classic bloodthirster build (normal demon codex one or unfettered fury in this book) can be summoned by tithe rules.
demonic rewards are the normal codex demon rewards.
Quote:
points are gained from unit deaths on both sides.... friend or foe, WD suggests you sacrifice your cultists appropriately :D no word on vehicles though...but id assume they count
When asked about the contents of the Special Edition:

Quote:
counters are for wound markers/tithe counts etc... the coins are objective markers.
Quote:
seems bloodtithe is the codex wide rule... anything in that army or any formations etc have it. the slaughtercult seems to be its own detachment or formation. where they get a khone boon roll ( i think you can spend points on that) its a bit vague but it might be like the chaos boon table? just aimed at khorne insted!

yeah you can carry points over turn to turn but you can only amass a max of 8. if you spend them on something any remainder points are lost. start again next turn
Quote:
read again... turns out the slaughtercult pays tithe points and can pic two results from the table ( presumably if they have the points for it) insted of one result
Quote:
everything in chaos marine codex is in this pretty much, acording to the WD (mentions helldrakes and so on...) .... only things that wont will be sorcerors, other cults and characters.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

From user George Smiley at BoLS Lounge:

I was really hoping there would be an art/painting book similar to the Space Wolves/Blood Angels special editions... would seem maybe there isn't based on that description.

And HOLY SHIT that is the coolest cover art on a codex in 40k!

Last edited by venomlust; 03-19-15 at 08:19 PM.
post #103 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 07:24 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Omg so much to buy !

post #104 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 07:34 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

woah, that cover art!

i liked the current codex cover a lot but this one is quite bitchin'!
post #105 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 08:12 PM

Having a wonder about what their allies rules will be...

1) Same as CSM
2) Same as Daemon
3) Best of CSM and Daemon
4) Worst of CSM and Daemon
5) CSM as only allies
6) Daemon as only allies
7) CSM and Daemon as only allies
8) Unique new one
9) No allies at all

Also hoping that they do get their own unique rewards like the CS and BL books had for CSM, though would they do that for both the CSM guys for Chaos Artefacts and the Daemonic Hellforged Artefacts (maybe Hateforged Artefacts). Things like the Doomstone don't really fit the Khorne thing that well as it seems to be a cowardly thing by turning them in to gibbering wrecks rather than just kill them.

Last edited by mayegelt; 03-19-15 at 08:23 PM.
post #106 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Put to rest any notion of new Berzerkers in the boxed set:

via: www.waaaghgaming.de

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same as the Crimson Slaughter paint scheme? Maybe there are some subtle differences I can't discern without looking closely?

Also from the same blog, a much higher resolution image of the cover! God damn, man! It's so cool!

Last edited by venomlust; 03-19-15 at 08:18 PM.
post #107 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 08:21 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Maybe there are some subtle differences I can't discern without looking closely?
Not really:
World eaters is red with brass trim.
Crimson Slaughter is red with gold trim.

GW paints their Crimson Slaughter very brightly, so you can hardly tell the difference when they paint the two themes. It's the same with their golds and brass, where they paint them very vividly making them look exactly alike.

We other painters however...

Last edited by Nordicus; 03-19-15 at 08:24 PM.
post #108 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Yours look ace, I gotta say.

This codex release seals the deal for what color scheme I'll be painting my army. Maybe not ALL red and brass, but mostly.

Also, if anyone is interested in buying this codex for less than MSRP on ebay, I just found this auction. Free shipping in the U.S.

post #109 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 08:49 PM

Personally I don't like the army box. I am guessing the new formation they have will likely require a few things contained inside.

Bloodcrusers £33.50
Herald £15
Helbrute £33
10 Berserkers £23
10 Berserkers £23
5 Terminators £28
5 Possessed £20.50

You are getting £176 for £140 if bought from GW (though of course there are a lot of retailers who will sell for 10-20% cheaper, but of course they will sell the individuals for cheaper as well as the box.
Also if you factor in most people have a Helbrute already from the Dark Vengeance set, or if not could pick up one for only £7 on ebay with ease. That in it self kinda devalues the box by a lot. Also as Terminators are currently on the scrapheap it seems because they cost to much for what they do in most opinions, then it doesn't help.

However if like the Necron magical list of doom, then they will force you to buy all those things just to use the formation that is kinda required (like they did with Tomb blades, what I saw people selling for up to £50 to ship to the USA cos they couldn't get them in stock).

Last edited by mayegelt; 03-19-15 at 08:54 PM.
post #110 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-20-15, 01:44 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same as the Crimson Slaughter paint scheme? Maybe there are some subtle differences I can't discern without looking closely?
Yeah, Crimson Slaughter also have all sorts of effects in glowy, ghost-like blue. It makes for pretty sharp pinpoints of contrast, every here and there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
Bloodcrusers £33.50
Herald £15
Helbrute £33
10 Berserkers £23
10 Berserkers £23
5 Terminators £28
5 Possessed £20.50
Looks like 12 Zerkers and 10 CSM, to me.

Still, like I commented earlier, those are pretty junk units. Unless they make a unique Possessed table better than the Crimson Slaughter one... well, I'm still not going to field a solo Helbrute, or T4 W3 many-point Bloodcrushers who get ID'd with ease. And Termis/Zerkers are decent at best, before knowing what sort of buffs Zerkers will get from formations and the like.

And who is that Herald on foot supposed to join? One of the CSM squads? Please let this be an indication that ICs will be able to transplant into units that have the Mark/Daemon of Khorne rule interchangeably... not that GW thinks a Herald on foot is best suited to join Bloodcrushers.

Sorry to piss on the parade; there is just not a single unit in that box that excites me as a semi-competitive player. Ah well, fluffy Khornate players get their moment in the sun...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode