Plastic Techmarine somwhere in our future... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Default Plastic Techmarine somwhere in our future...

I went down to GW a few weeks ago, and got talking to the staff. We spoke about the metal models and then went on to talking about the thunderfire cannon. I asked about a plastic techmarine, and a man cut in, he went to GD and spent the whole day with the design team. He said GW were looking into it, and starting basic ideas. But it looks like it will be about somwhen, but its not gonna be until 2009, probably lateish, if not with the 2nd wave of marines.

Sounds cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 06:04 PM

SPYDeR13's Flag is: USA

GREAT! Just what we need MORE plastic kits for the marines. I swear I will virus bomb GW if they release a plastic Tech marine before the new Eldar jetbikes! How about they do the Ork Wartrakk/Warbuggy or Obliterators in plastic?

Seriously though I bet that kit would be sick.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 06:26 PM
Tactless Tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYDeR13 View Post
How about they do the Ork Wartrakk/Warbuggy or Obliterators in plastic?
The Ork Warbuggy IS plastic...

Old, but plastic.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 06:26 PM

I can't see the point. The current metal techmarine is quite a good model and it's not like many people use them.

You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.
Black Legion, Sisters WIP, Feudal IG WIP.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 06:34 PM

I bought one of the current metal techmarines to use with the 'Ancients Assault Force' data sheet in Imperial Armor Apocalypse. Still haven't started working on him. If he was plastic he'd already be finished.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 07:00 PM

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

This would be sort of a nice afterthought to the new Marines range...but I kinda doubt it's anything more than that.

I mean, they're releasing another Techmarine model, and it's all-metal. I'm having trouble seeing a plastic release, even after the second-wave models hit.

That being said, I hope this turns out to be true. Speaking from personal experience, the current Techmarine in servo-harness kit is a bitch and a half to put together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 09:58 PM

a plastic techmarine would be cool
i would incorporate him into my army
would the servitors be plasticisied to?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalist42 View Post
This would be sort of a nice afterthought to the new Marines range...but I kinda doubt it's anything more than that.

I mean, they're releasing another Techmarine model, and it's all-metal. I'm having trouble seeing a plastic release, even after the second-wave models hit.

That being said, I hope this turns out to be true. Speaking from personal experience, the current Techmarine in servo-harness kit is a bitch and a half to put together.
Yeah, but thats more of a bastard to put together than the old one. I dont reccomend it ;)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 10:48 PM

Most likely they will kept he kit they have and then make a plastic kit with servitors and charge 65 dollars for it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-28-08, 11:49 PM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

that would be nice. it took me over an hour to assemble my direct techmarine. had to rubber band the parts together in the end and then spend forever shaving off the rubber band. it was torture. i hope it would have a thunderfire cannon plastic too and thus reducing the price perhaps.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode