Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Plastic Techmarine somwhere in our future...

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Ordo Xeno Commander 
#1 ·
I went down to GW a few weeks ago, and got talking to the staff. We spoke about the metal models and then went on to talking about the thunderfire cannon. I asked about a plastic techmarine, and a man cut in, he went to GD and spent the whole day with the design team. He said GW were looking into it, and starting basic ideas. But it looks like it will be about somwhen, but its not gonna be until 2009, probably lateish, if not with the 2nd wave of marines.

Sounds cool :)

#2 ·
GREAT! Just what we need MORE plastic kits for the marines. I swear I will virus bomb GW if they release a plastic Tech marine before the new Eldar jetbikes! How about they do the Ork Wartrakk/Warbuggy or Obliterators in plastic? :ireful2:

Seriously though I bet that kit would be sick.

#3 ·
How about they do the Ork Wartrakk/Warbuggy or Obliterators in plastic? :ireful2:
The Ork Warbuggy IS plastic...

Old, but plastic.

#5 ·
I bought one of the current metal techmarines to use with the 'Ancients Assault Force' data sheet in Imperial Armor Apocalypse. Still haven't started working on him. If he was plastic he'd already be finished.

#6 ·
This would be sort of a nice afterthought to the new Marines range...but I kinda doubt it's anything more than that.

I mean, they're releasing another Techmarine model, and it's all-metal. I'm having trouble seeing a plastic release, even after the second-wave models hit.

That being said, I hope this turns out to be true. Speaking from personal experience, the current Techmarine in servo-harness kit is a bitch and a half to put together.

#10 ·
that would be nice. it took me over an hour to assemble my direct techmarine. had to rubber band the parts together in the end and then spend forever shaving off the rubber band. it was torture. i hope it would have a thunderfire cannon plastic too and thus reducing the price perhaps.

#11 ·
As much as I like to see nifty stuff be easier to get, and the techmarines are UBER nifty, I'm still waiting for a plastic comissar, oh and praying to the emporer dosent work...
But serriously, even though I play guard I'll probably get one and call it a techpriest, just because they look really cool. And plastic would probably be cheeper so that works out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.