Mordheim to be revamped? (SUPER SALTY RUMOR) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Default Mordheim to be revamped? (SUPER SALTY RUMOR)

via a reader on Faeit 212
This one is just a rumour. Although an interesting one at that. I know everyone has been afraid of bubblehammer and how warhammer will become a skirmish game. Well they may be pleasantly surprised. From what I have heard warhammer skirmish is going to happen. But it may not be 9th edition, in fact there could be a new system released based around a very significant empire city that may have just undergone some hard times. I won't say more as I am unsure on the reliability of this and don't want to give false hope but regardless we will know for certain by the end of February.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Eh, well, if this means a new game based on the old mordheim style...i'm in. i still have my empire , skaven, ork and undead warbands somewhere near...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 04:15 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

I understand the appeal of Mordheim but seriously. They need to do Necromunda first. I think they'd have a much bigger following than Mordheim.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 05:43 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Necromunda and GorkaMorka are both worth getting a re-release but Mordheim was more popular.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 06:28 PM

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have never hoped any rumour was true more than this one. We will have to wait and see.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Necromunda and GorkaMorka are both worth getting a re-release but Mordheim was more popular.
I would squeal like a little school girl and buy two copies of each if they were to re release Gorkamorka and Necromunda. Possibly even Mordheim.

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 02:01 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Well. . .Hows Mordheim: City of the Damned selling? if it's doing very, very well I can imagine Games workshop looking into the idea to see if theirs interest for the table top game.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 08:34 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars View Post
Well. . .Hows Mordheim: City of the Damned selling? if it's doing very, very well I can imagine Games workshop looking into the idea to see if theirs interest for the table top game.
from what i can tell its not fully released and is on early access at the moment.

if they did a game in the box version with a couple of warbands and some decent scenery i could be a winner in terms of sales, but as with other games GW have done in the past the success was giving the player a decent amount of choice, so you had quite a few war bands to choose from, convertibility was huge part of this game to bring uniqueness and flexibility and individuality, that isnt who GW are any more(its why my site exists), space hulk worked because it was released pretty much exactly the same as the orignal version just with much more shiny and flashy components and much of the box could be used in 40k, dreadfleet nose dived because it wasnt man o war, and as nice as the models were they had no use outside the game, you couldnt collect your chosen faction as a fleet and it was a pricey board game.
If they produce any boxed game from the past and fail to support it by making it a limited release and fail to give people the chance to collect an army/warband/fleet it will likely not do well, personally i would like to see battlefleet gothic re released in full plastic, Imperial and chaos fleet in the box, and 1 sprue fleets for the other factions,all released on the same day, scenery and space stations and hulks the following week/month.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-19-15, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Today's rumours:

via Ikitlagriffe on Warseer (an extract)

V9 will not be just one book, but a box with other things such as a volume focused on two types of battles : clashes "lord of battles "in standard format creating links between games, and smaller battles with “pre-organised” armies (that's what you took for a skirmish game I think).

About this “skirmish” game: I’m not completely sure about that : this has taken many different forms over the settings but it seems to be one of the most tested aspects in recent years by GW teams. It is not intended to be the main way to play Battle. Currently, forces will be selected from a list of predefined choices, more restrained that the currents army books, without worrying percentage points, points themselves will not so important anymore: it will be destabilizing for the old players, but the number of miniatures contained in a unit or its point value could be no longer as important as before in this system. Players would have the choice to comply or not the points. A book will summarize the possible choices for all existing armies. It was thought just for fun, and almost all special rules of existing models could be ignored because of it.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-19-15, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
If they produce any boxed game from the past and fail to support it by making it a limited release and fail to give people the chance to collect an army/warband/fleet it will likely not do well, personally i would like to see battlefleet gothic re released in full plastic, Imperial and chaos fleet in the box, and 1 sprue fleets for the other factions,all released on the same day, scenery and space stations and hulks the following week/month.
I agree completely with both statements.

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-02-15, 12:23 AM

I have heard that they'll come out in finecast and not in plastic.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode