Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Ad Mech Rumors

36K views 277 replies 40 participants last post by  Creon 
#1 ·
From Natfka:
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
An Ad Mech playable army is being released by GW, not Forgeworld,
in March. Now this timing could be off slightly, but its coming soon.
And the older rumors:
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Ive seen the model so I thought I would chime in and describe the Dunecrawler. Sorry no pictures, it was not possible.

Its a walker with 4 armoured mechanical spider legs. The crew compartment is large metal box angled in the front. There is a small robotic arm in the front with tools and drills on the appendage. The visor for the drivers inside is a slit with optical lenses on the the left hand side of the opening. The Eradication Beamer is big, and looks like a giant conversion beamer, up top there is a gunner with a heavy stubber. I don't know the optional guns, but there are a couple. One that looks like a long barreled autocannon, but has some sort of array attached to it. None of the weapon options look like standard Imperial Weapons.

I also wanted to mention, that this is a Games Workshop release, not Forgeworld.
Adeptus Mechanicus
General
The new faction is in fact Ad Mech, Skitarii. As far as I know this is still a ways out, but who knows. There is only troops and elites, with vehicles. Mostly foot soldiers, guys with spider legs, and a couple tank/spider hybrids.

I have a little information for you on a new 40k Faction. Ive seen artwork of two soldiers in heavy but clunky grey body armour and helm, with one wielding an odd looking plasma pistol of sorts. The most striking thing about the image, with smoke and laser fire in the background, is the draping of the red cloth beneath the shoulder plating, and a symbol of the Adeptus Mechanicus on the main figures chest. All I will add right now is the book is 85pgs with datasheets and formations.

Weapons
the plasma pistol described in your previous article is not an odd looking plasma pistol. its an arc pistol. arc weapons will be available for the skitarii in both pistol and rifle. the arc rifle is rapid fire with haywire. rifle and pistol both are s6 ap5.

Cognis Weapons are normal weapons with the Cognis attached to it, like Cognis Lascannon. They simply use a BS 2 when firing snap shots because of an awakened machine spirit.

Burst Pistol rules allow for 5 shots to be fired instead of just a single one.

Galvanic Rifle looks like an ornate flintlock rifle with a canister on the side. R30", rapid fire, S4.

Onager Dunewalker
a heavy choice walker called a Onager Dunewalker will be part of the skitarii. they are an armor 12 walker that comes with overlapping forcefields that give an invulnerable save. each additional walker in the squad increases the save by 1. they come with a conversion beamer type weapon that is more powerful up close and disperses to a large but weaker blast at longer range. squadrons up to 3.

Dragoon Walker
There is also a Dragoon which looks to be a dual kit with a rider on top of a bipedal machine. It has legs similar to the IG sentinels, but has a grafted human in the center of the machine. I am not as fluent in the background with the skitarii as I would like to comment much more.

Ive seen a walker bearing the ad mech symbols on it. The walker has a horizontal pilot hooked up to the machine with optical lenses for the pilots sight, and little mechanical grabbers that extend out from the pilots hands. There is a gunner on top in red robes and odd looking armor that reminds me of the tempestus armor except for larger eye lenses. The walker has sentinel legs, and the weapon up top is a ornate twin-linked lascannon.
Leaked Images:

See less See more
#2 ·
I love the idear of tank/spider hybrids, I think they may be needed to make it across the Salt Flats that this set of Rumors need to be read with...
I would be very surprised to see this as soon as march. But I have a strange feeling what we may see is a replacement to Codex Imperial Knights....

Then Question becomes how many books does the normal GW store have on its shelves, and what it the magic number they are shooting for?

#3 ·
If only their allies matrix allowed for the use of these guys as Dark Mechanicum (i.e. NOT Come the Apocalypse). I know I haven't seen it yet, so I can't say for sure... but it isn't gonna happen, given the current matrix. Too bad. :( I'll just have to break the rules.

I'll have to fetch another Eldar youth to divine the future of these rumors in its guts. Yes, IT.

#12 ·
That's lame reasoning. 40k - Full of Marines, FW/30k - Full of Marines. The reason why they can both exist? Because they are both hugely different. The Ad Mech - this isn't as true for the Dark Mech - is not the same entity as far as war machines and stuff go, they loose a big chunk of it between 30k and 40k, they are different enough arguably more so than 30k - 40k marines to warrant a GW 40k release.

#8 ·
I would be extremely surprised if this happens yet,
I think we all know it will happen at some point however

#11 ·
Originally Posted by Lords of War Gaming
April/May
It's Admech, but there will be two codices. Also tanks will be walkers.
Please Dark Mechanicum. Please Dark Mechanicum. Please Dark Mechanicum.

Eldar baby guts were inconclusive. I'll have to gut a dozen more and then perhaps the gods will whisper to me.

#10 ·
Sigh. I want this to be true: more even than my wallet doesn't want it to be true. But I've been burned before!

Just... the thought of a small SM force with Inquisition backup, some AdMech, and an allied Death Korps contingent... plus a Culexus... damn it, I don't want to get sucked in like this!

#13 ·
From BoLS. Take with salt until more is known.
from Harry:
-In No Particular Order-
Adeptus Mechanicus Codex & models (full release)
via Lords of War Gaming:
- April/May
– It’s Admech, but there will be two codices.
- Tanks will be walkers.

From the Birds in the Trees:
The Paper Products
– Codex:Adeptus Mechachanicus Skitarii
– Heraldry/Hobby book
– Ad Mech Datacards (contains no psychic power cards)
The Miniatures
– Ad Mech Skitarii box
– Ad Mech Myrmidon box
– Energy weapon platform/ transport box (combo-kit)
– Legio Cybernetica Colossus/Conqueror box (combo kit)
– Magos Clampack
– Secutor Clampack

#18 ·
via a reader on Faeit 212
I look at your site a lot for rumors and i would also like to further confirm two current rumors.

It's really basic really but i was told recently that the skitarii are confirmed to be coming for 40k by a friend within GW itself.

Another point i would like to clarify for you is in terms of circle bases for fantasy. My source has always known that i have disliked the fantasy movement tray system; they've told me that fantasy is moving to a circular base system (although not sure how it will work) for all models, unit boxes will also contain less miniatures due to the new system.

They sounded pretty convincing and they have no reason to lie to me at all.
Hope this helps you in some way.

#19 ·
admech in 40k will improve sales of admech 30k,release a few core units with a codex for 40k, then some data slates to use the 30k FW units with the 40k army and boom big sales jump. Then FW will no doubt do some conversion kits for the plastics, boom more sales!

#20 ·
From BoLS:

From the Birds in the Trees:
Some early tidbits on Mechanicus units:
– Legion Cybernetica units have a certain quick and easy “programming” game mechanic built into them.
– Examples listed were only being able to define certain aspects of moving and/or shoointing directly, with some aspects being determined either in a pre-defined manner, or randomly. thus some of your Ad-mech units may not be “wholly” under your direct player control.
– There will however be certain pieced of wargiesr and or “controller” units which will get around these limitations.
Honestly this is something in 30k and in the ollllllllllllllllllllllllllld Mechanicus rules. So I can see it coming back in.

#27 ·
and attacking a Forge world is NOT to be done lightly...

they have serious hardware these guys.

and when it comes to making a codex, and having enough entries, well they build lots of toys and various cyborg units. ogryns comes to mind... perhaps they can be usefull after being rebuild...

#29 ·
Note: The pages mentioned below still give 404s but they redirect you first, which makes it very plausible that the URLs are in place for launch:

via Atia on Bolter and Chainsword****
try http://www.games-wor.../en-GB/Skitarii (/Skitarii at the end)
and it will switch to http://www.games-wor...itarii-Vanguard (/Skitarii-Vanguard at the end)
the same happened for the harlequins (starweaver and skyweavers) back then msn-wink.gif

also:
http://www.games-wor...gio-cybernetica (/legio-cybernetica)
will switch to http://www.games-wor...gio-Cybernetica (/Legio-Cybernetica)

it seems there is also an URL for Datacards-Skitarii-ENG tongue.png
http://www.games-wor...ds-skitarii-ENG (/datacards-skitarii-ENG)
http://www.games-wor...ds-Skitarii-ENG (/Datacards-Skitarii-ENG)

so at the end of the day, we have the following working URL's:
/Skitarii-Vanguard
/Legio-Cybernetica
/Codex-Skitarii-ENG
/Datacards-Skitarii-ENG
/Skitarii-Paint-Web-Bundle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.