Ad Mech Rumors - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
All the stuff I listed asides, most of it is average. That said, a lot of this stuff on paper is good accuracy, cover ignoring high strength guns and Relentless (which could be army wide, but that's conjecture).

Overall I like what I see, but I have some concerns about how it's going to play out in practice. AdMech Firepower is definately nothing to sniff at, especially since they have a lot of Toughness and Cover reducing schenanigans.

And did I mention the seemingly army wide Relentless? I know it's an incentive for the AdMech people to not cover camp, but I get the feeling everyone is gonna cover camp anyway.
At least one of the units has move through cover which could be pretty handy.

Also Dragoons having Crusader AND Dunestrider looks like they'll be pretty nimble. D3+D6+3 (average is 8") for run and 2D6+D3+3 (average being 11-13") for charges? I like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 09:31 PM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
At least one of the units has move through cover which could be pretty handy.

Also Dragoons having Crusader AND Dunestrider looks like they'll be pretty nimble. D3+D6+3 (average is 8") for run and 2D6+D3+3 (average being 11-13") for charges? I like.
I like both walkers, though I think list wise the one with the big guns suits thing better...though both seem to work as fast moving glass cannons.

No Invulnerable Saves a la 30K AdMech. Curious.

Modelling Projects
post #123 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
I like both walkers, though I think list wise the one with the big guns suits thing better...though both seem to work as fast moving glass cannons.

No Invulnerable Saves a la 30K AdMech. Curious.
The other one can be a fast moving Monster Hunter though with that 30" Heavy 2 Sniper rifle...

So both Walkers are definitely good for light walkers, and I'm considering multiple units of them already.

And you can buy Invul saves for the unit leaders, (5++ or a 4++ but causes other models to take a blind test which can shoot you in the foot).

post #124 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 10:03 PM

Quote:
The other one can be a fast moving Monster Hunter though with that 30" Heavy 2 Sniper rifle...

So both Walkers are definitely good for light walkers, and I'm considering multiple units of them already.

And you can buy Invul saves for the unit leaders, (5++ or a 4++ but causes other models to take a blind test which can shoot you in the foot).
I was referring to the Vehicles - as far as I remember in Heresy, AdMech Armor depends less on thick heavy armour and more on Forcefields and stuff.

I might start out with the Lancer Walker first. The 11/11/11 Armor and 2 HP definately labels them both as Glass Cannons, but the Lancer has a 5+ Cover as well. Combined with it's speed, it should be able to close the gap quickly.

Of course, the other reason for that choice is not seeing a good look at the Spider Walker just yet.

Also also, the Walker with the Lance is called a "Sydonian Dragoon". And he essentially resembles a Knight on Horseback.

Stay classy GW

Modelling Projects
post #125 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

IIRC the Dunecrawler (or perhaps the alternate model in that kit or bother, I dunno) is supposed to have overlapping force fields that get stronger when they're in a certain range of each other.

And considering GW may have named "The Rock" after a gay bar in Nottingham (and the Lion's original "Dark Secret" was that he was gay) staying classy is something they already do.
post #126 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 10:20 PM

Quote:
IIRC the Dunecrawler (or perhaps the alternate model in that kit or bother, I dunno) is supposed to have overlapping force fields that get stronger when they're in a certain range of each other.

And considering GW may have named "The Rock" after a gay bar in Nottingham (and the Lion's original "Dark Secret" was that he was gay) staying classy is something they already do.
True, but it's always nice to find these things out.

At any rate, so far on paper it's shaping up to be a solid little mini-dex. I will definitely be burning some funds over the next few weeks. All we need now is a Plastic Techpriest and we should be golden.

Modelling Projects
post #127 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 10:52 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I have 4 DE kits and a Harlie box unopened on my shelf. Despite my best intentions of starting a DE heamonculus army, I could never get motivated enough to even open the plastic on the boxes. Looks like that may have been a good thing. Gonna bring them back to my FLGS and swap them for some of these guys. Whatever you think of some of the minis, it's really great to see a whole new faction come into the game.
post #128 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 10:59 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

GIMMEH! GIMMEH! GIMMEH!

Quote:
Don't forget that you could only reach Luther by Azrael sticking his "sword of secrets" - Fnar! Fnar! - into a crack(!?) in the wall.....

Oh, and the primarch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #129 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-24-15, 12:33 AM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

My big concern is price. The dragoon/walker kit is HUGE, if you look at it. That's a Knight's base, and someone wrote it's as tall as a Riptide. For maybe a 75 point model. That's a lot of money you're shelling out per kit, for a very small amount of your army.

That said, If they allow this to go Dark Mechanicus and ally with Chaos, I may add some to my already firepower-heavy Thousand Sons. A squad or two and a Balistarii or two.

post #130 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-24-15, 02:47 AM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

Riptide size? and the cheap one cost 45 points... thats really silly.

then i shall pass. ill stick to the foot soldiers then, just to own them, as they are way cool

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode