New HH weekender stuff, New space marine flyer, Samus, Dynat, Realm of battle board! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 02:45 PM
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Remember, vehicles have always been on a smaller scale than other models for game play purposes. The original Rhino's size was so it wouldn't take 2 turns to get from the back to the front after disembarking.

And FW has said they want to do Daemon primarchs, so I'd be surprised if we didn't see them. And not putting the Emperor on the table would frankly be a bit of a crime if you're doing the Heresy.
Zion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 03:00 PM
nice boy, daft though !
 
bitsandkits's Avatar
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,212
Reputation: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
Alright nobody else will say it? I will. That xiphon interceptor looks alot like. Our is it just me?

I will still buy the model though I think it's really well done.
its got certain elements ,but then again the Colonial vyper shares a few elements with other scifi fighters such as the xwing and thunderfighter, that said you could really go to town and add a third engine on top to make a really cool vyper conversion easy enough, i really quite like it, really think they should have pushed this one over to GW and made it into plastic .
I like the stormbird, i never really liked the description given in the heresy books anyway, i prefer this direction.
seems FW have really embraced CAD sculpting by the looks of it too, i bet they have shit loads of products already to go.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
bitsandkits is offline  
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 03:31 PM
Senior Member
 
SwedeMarine's Avatar
SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bothell WA
Posts: 1,665
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
its got certain elements ,but then again the Colonial vyper shares a few elements with other scifi fighters such as the xwing and thunderfighter, that said you could really go to town and add a third engine on top to make a really cool vyper conversion easy enough, i really quite like it, really think they should have pushed this one over to GW and made it into plastic .
I like the stormbird, i never really liked the description given in the heresy books anyway, i prefer this direction.
seems FW have really embraced CAD sculpting by the looks of it too, i bet they have shit loads of products already to go.
Part of the reason why i put it up. It should be easy to turn this into a really close replica. Wish it was going to be plastic so i could get the chassis from ya ;)

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

SwedeMarine is offline  
 
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Stormxlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 443
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Remember, vehicles have always been on a smaller scale than other models for game play purposes. The original Rhino's size was so it wouldn't take 2 turns to get from the back to the front after disembarking.

And FW has said they want to do Daemon primarchs, so I'd be surprised if we didn't see them. And not putting the Emperor on the table would frankly be a bit of a crime if you're doing the Heresy.
It would be but his stat line would be 10/10/10/10/10/10 with 10 wounds and his armor would be av 16 with 2+/2++ rerollable. Whats the point? He is a freaking God walking on Earth anything less in a stat line and Inquisition will show up at FW door step.

I get the argument for scale purpose but FW Thunderhawk is already very big, why make Stormbird smaller?
I love the version of Stormbird by BulldogUK


Also found this online , no idea where its from though. Anyone can shed the light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
its got certain elements ,but then again the Colonial vyper shares a few elements with other scifi fighters such as the xwing and thunderfighter, that said you could really go to town and add a third engine on top to make a really cool vyper conversion easy enough, i really quite like it, really think they should have pushed this one over to GW and made it into plastic .
I like the stormbird, i never really liked the description given in the heresy books anyway, i prefer this direction.
seems FW have really embraced CAD sculpting by the looks of it too, i bet they have shit loads of products already to go.
Nothing wrong with Resin except price, look at all the amazing resin models FW is putting out, honestly I have more faith in FW than GW. I bet FW has shit loads of CAD sculpts of everything from lowly grunt we will never see to Warlord and Emperor class titans to The Emperor and Chaos Gods themselves.

*EDIT* Also the FW Stormbird looks like a FW Thunderhawk body mod, the nose fuselage look identical to TH. Maybe they took a Thunderhawk and just started making it wider with plasticard? :D

Last edited by Stormxlr; 02-09-15 at 04:11 PM.
Stormxlr is offline  
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
SwedeMarine's Avatar
SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bothell WA
Posts: 1,665
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormxlr View Post
Nothing wrong with Resin except price, look at all the amazing resin models FW is putting out, honestly I have more faith in FW than GW. I bet FW has shit loads of CAD sculpts of everything from lowly grunt we will never see to Warlord and Emperor class titans to The Emperor and Chaos Gods themselves.
While I generally agree with that statement I have to say that Plastic is MUCH easier to work with when working on Kitbashes, Conversions, or even scratchbuilds. Plastic wont have the same details thats for sure but there has to be a trade of somewhere. I'll gladly take plastic kits of everything FW offers if it was a possibility. Youre always going to get better details in resin but the difference is becoming rather negligible. and if you want that kind of detail then most kits have some upgrade options whether direct from FW or other Retailers. That being said I still prefer working with FW resin when i have the chance.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

SwedeMarine is offline  
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 03:51 PM
Rattlehead
 
MidnightSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Sheoth
Posts: 6,741
Reputation: 83
Default

Guilliman confirmed for left-handed compulsive masturbator.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
MidnightSun is offline  
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 03:57 PM
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Re: The Emperor, I doubt he's going to be all 10s. I mean each Primarch is a specific aspect of himself and even they don't have 10s in their stats. He will be awesome, but I don't think he's all 10s awesome.
Zion is offline  
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Bindi Baji's Avatar
Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: right about here
Posts: 1,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
And FW has said they want to do Daemon primarchs, so I'd be surprised if we didn't see them.
They have been saying this for years,
if they aren't currently working on them, then it's only a matter of time.....

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Bindi Baji is offline  
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Stormxlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 443
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
While I generally agree with that statement I have to say that Plastic is MUCH easier to work with when working on Kitbashes, Conversions, or even scratchbuilds. Plastic wont have the same details thats for sure but there has to be a trade of somewhere. I'll gladly take plastic kits of everything FW offers if it was a possibility. Youre always going to get better details in resin but the difference is becoming rather negligible. and if you want that kind of detail then most kits have some upgrade options whether direct from FW or other Retailers. That being said I still prefer working with FW resin when i have the chance.
Hmm I found Resin to be softer therefore easier to work with, its a bit more brittle which is annoying . Also remember the quote "The Devil is in the details" . Sure soon enough with tech improvements we might even find a better material than regular resin or plastic to make models out of, maybe we already have and I just havent heard of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Re: The Emperor, I doubt he's going to be all 10s. I mean each Primarch is a specific aspect of himself and even they don't have 10s in their stats. He will be awesome, but I don't think he's all 10s awesome.
This came to my mind

Well Primarchs are nowhere near the power of the Emperor they are merely fragments of his own DNA,
Well some Eldar or was it Daemon characters have 9s or 10s in their stats?

Last edited by Stormxlr; 02-09-15 at 05:23 PM.
Stormxlr is offline  
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 04:31 PM
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
They have been saying this for years,
if they aren't currently working on them, then it's only a matter of time.....
Considering they've been working on the Heresy for years you're surprised by this?
Zion is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome