32mm round bases- Something I Noticed - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-15, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Default 32mm round bases- Something I Noticed

I was browsing the GW store today and notice this on the Necron Dynasty Web Bundle description

Quote:
It is also supplied with fourteen 40mm round bases, three large flying bases, three small flying bases, two large oval bases, and fifty 25mm round bases and forty-six 32mm round bases to give you the choice of how you want to base your miniatures.
This phasing is also present on the other Necron bundles...

Iam not sure if anyone is still arguing about base-sizes, I know Iam not... but thought someone may find it interesting/useful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-15, 02:50 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

I'm just assuming anything T4+ that's infantry is probably a 32mm at this point (unless they're already bigger). Mostly because they tend to have a wide stance that doesn't fit the base normally (like Necrons or Marines).
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-15, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I'm just assuming anything T4+ that's infantry is probably a 32mm at this point (unless they're already bigger). Mostly because they tend to have a wide stance that doesn't fit the base normally (like Necrons or Marines).
Yep, that's been my stance as well. I know a player in my local store is keeping all his Ork boys on 25mm but Nobs are getting upgraded to 32mm..

I love the 32mm as a painter they are so much nicer to work with, but I understand the panic its caused the more rule loving players.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-15, 04:31 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

There should be no panic. I mean 25mm Terminators are still legal. And despite Celestine being a 40mm base model now if you have her on a 25mm base that's fine too.

You don't HAVE to update bases when changes happen. It's 100% optional.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-15, 10:18 PM
ItsPug's Flag is: United Kingdom

Basing larger models like marines on 32mm bases as opposed to having them hang over the edges of a 25mm base appeals to me asthetically. As to the rules implication of how many you can fit under a blast marker or template? only part of the model needs to be covered and im more than happy enough to give my opponent the benefit of the doubt with marginal calls.

Overall Tournament Game Results W:78 D:22 L:32
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 08:40 AM
The Tinkerer

Wookiepelt's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well, I've decided to make the transition across to the 32mm base size. Stage one of it has been done... made a set of 10 bases that I'm now casting out in resin for the change out. There will a few more more intricate one to create for Pack Leaders and Special Characters but I'll deal with those later. Interestingly, I've even sold a few to mates so that will help cover the cost of doing this!

Don't leave us engineers with too much free time on our hands...
we WILL tinker around and build something!!!

Wookie's Wolfies - A Space Wolves Project Log
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 01:19 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

i have been inundated with requests for 32mm bases since they landed, but other units are also getting different bases, tyranid warriors are now on 50mm round but were on 40mm, carnifex has an oval base in the deathstorm set.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 04:29 PM

I mount most of my characters and warlords on 40mm bases anyway. As for the grunts, I'm not re-basing any of them and I'm glad that GW has made the transition to 32mm optional.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-15, 05:23 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

im just in the process of basing up 75 marines on the 32mm base I think they look so much better now and glad of the change

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode