Bloodthirster Kit sighted - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
Yes, my post predates yours by about 5 hours.

Since this model could be used for WFB OR 40k, it does sort of deserve it's own attention. Especially considering all that buzz about the alleged Khorne suppliment. For all we know, the Bloodthirster kit could end up not being for the End Times exclusively but as part of the overall Daemons range.

anyone else hoping it makes Be'lakor?
To be honest, I just saw Rumor, didn't see it had a topic so I posted Discussion Thread. And considering the pacing of 9th Ed thread (and that it might be maybe slightly off topic there, not that the other threads usually somehow get derailed), well...

...In other thoughts, a Be'lakor is unlikely but it would be nice considering he's still a metal/finecast model. In personal opinion, Be'lakor really should get his own kit or be an option for the Demon Prince (or some sort of Super Demon Princes, a la the Maggoth Lords/Verminlords/Mortarchs).

Modelling Projects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 09:31 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
To be honest, I just saw Rumor, didn't see it had a topic so I posted Discussion Thread. And considering the pacing of 9th Ed thread (and that it might be maybe slightly off topic there, not that the other threads usually somehow get derailed), well...

...In other thoughts, a Be'lakor is unlikely but it would be nice considering he's still a metal/finecast model. In personal opinion, Be'lakor really should get his own kit or be an option for the Demon Prince (or some sort of Super Demon Princes, a la the Maggoth Lords/Verminlords/Mortarchs).
Yeah, at this point, all the threads relating to 9th ed sorta overlap, so this once can remain a happy thread.

For some reason, I think Be'lakor gets some page time in the next End Times books. Or at least that's what the rumours are pointing to. It would be nice to see Be'lakor get some sort of plastic model, but if he remains finecast.... well we know what that means for him. Gotrek's axe to the cranium.

I'm looking forward to this kit.
post #13 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
Yeah, at this point, all the threads relating to 9th ed sorta overlap, so this once can remain a happy thread.

For some reason, I think Be'lakor gets some page time in the next End Times books. Or at least that's what the rumours are pointing to. It would be nice to see Be'lakor get some sort of plastic model, but if he remains finecast.... well we know what that means for him. Gotrek's axe to the cranium.

I'm looking forward to this kit.
Hopefully, it'll be him fighting Gortek & Felix. Apparently this is where that subplot is going.

Modelling Projects

post #14 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
Hopefully, it'll be him fighting Gortek & Felix. Apparently this is where that subplot is going.
Then I wonder just who this Bloodthirster is. And if he's that big, then how freaking big is the Archaon kit going to be?
post #15 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 10:54 PM
Rattlehead

I doubt Archaon's going to be a big kit - they didn't re-do Karl Franz, Malekith or Tyrion for their releases and while Karl Franz is pretty new (and large, because he has a griffon the size of a house instead of a horse), the Malekith model is absolutely fucking awful and ancient, and Tyrion's certainly not getting any younger. Nah, there'll be a seperate big kit for the Archaon book; either the Bloodthirster, which would be a bit of a shame because it's unlikely they'll get two big kits and that would disprove the Van Horstmann on Baudros/Lord on Chaos Dragon kit which I really want to happen if Fantasy's going to stay happening the way we hope.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #16 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 10:54 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Damn, those all sound incredibly awesome. If true, I imagine I'll buy one... but damn, they'll still suck in 40k. At least Daemons are a WHFB army, too!

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #17 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
I doubt Archaon's going to be a big kit - they didn't re-do Karl Franz, Malekith or Tyrion for their releases and while Karl Franz is pretty new (and large, because he has a griffon the size of a house instead of a horse), the Malekith model is absolutely fucking awful and ancient, and Tyrion's certainly not getting any younger. Nah, there'll be a seperate big kit for the Archaon book; either the Bloodthirster, which would be a bit of a shame because it's unlikely they'll get two big kits and that would disprove the Van Horstmann on Baudros/Lord on Chaos Dragon kit which I really want to happen if Fantasy's going to stay happening the way we hope.
Archaon is supposed to be riding a dragon though. I thought it was going to be a Lord/Van Hortmann/Archaon triple kit?

Maybe that's going to be the Maggoth Lord/Mortarch equivilant, and the Bloodthirster will be the nagash/Glottkin equivilant
post #18 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 11:15 PM
Rattlehead

I'd be surprised, as Dorghar is the Steed of the Apocalypse and, I believe, one of the things that makes Archaon the Everchosen along with the Slayer of Kings, the Armour of Morkar, the obvious Crown of Domination, the Mark of Chaos Ascendant (that might be Abaddon's one, but it's basically the same), and the Eye of Sheerian. Giving him up for a dragon would be kinda weird.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #19 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
I'd be surprised, as Dorghar is the Steed of the Apocalypse and, I believe, one of the things that makes Archaon the Everchosen along with the Slayer of Kings, the Armour of Morkar, the obvious Crown of Domination, the Mark of Chaos Ascendant (that might be Abaddon's one, but it's basically the same), and the Eye of Sheerian. Giving him up for a dragon would be kinda weird.
I'd be pretty happy with him remaining on the steed, unless... it turns into a dragon or something like that. I'm just recalling the initial rumour we heard, which called for this kit, the dragon one, and something else.

Though, each ET release has only come with one multi-model kit, and this sounds like this is the one for ET: A
post #20 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-21-15, 06:37 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I'm not too familiar with Archaon's fluff, but if his horse is a daemon I suppose it could be "promoted" to a dragon or something, no?

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode