Necrons 7th edition - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-18-15, 06:22 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Thinking of base sizes, I'm really hoping Warriors get the upsize to their base. Every single foot is hanging over pretty much always.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-18-15, 06:53 PM
Rattlehead

I'm fairly certain they will, as every infantry unit that's been released since the new bases went into circulation are on 32mm. I mean, yes, that's only a couple of units, but still.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #23 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-19-15, 05:09 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd guess at the 6 C'tan powers being the new codex-specific Warlord Traits. That makes more sense to me, if you consider that C'tan might be bumped back into the HQ section again as a possibility.

All that is important is known.
Praxis

post #24 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-19-15, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklove View Post
I'd guess at the 6 C'tan powers being the new codex-specific Warlord Traits. That makes more sense to me, if you consider that C'tan might be bumped back into the HQ section again as a possibility.
Did people not like the necrons going away from being c'tan mindless puppets?
post #25 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-19-15, 10:09 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think a lot of people did, but the degradation of the C'tan in the current codex is lamentable.

All that is important is known.
Praxis
post #26 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 12:05 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

From Warseer regarding the new formation:

Quote:
A few more info after a better reading. And keep in mind I translate things so in the English version of the WD things may sound different, so please don't go berserk if after I say "Dance of Death" it's in reality Death Dance, Deadly Dance, Mortal Tango or Fatal Dubsteb in your WD.

Regarding the Decurion, I find the way it works for some of these formations not that clear. Formations are presented in boxes linked by lines. You can take 1 to 10 of the optional formations, and since there are only 9 total it's obvious you can take some more than one. But the way it's presented I'm actually wondering if you can take anything you want multiple time, or only the first three ones (which are the Destroyers, Praetorian and the Canoptek one). In a way it makes sense to not spam things like Trans Ctans or Obelisk, but in another it makes no sense to be limited to a single Deathmark unit yet spam things like Praetorians... WD, why you no clear?

Also WD refers to the Decurion itself as giving bonuses to the units composing it in addition to what the Formations do, but I never managed to find these bonuses listed anywhere.

Some precisions:
- I previously said the Canoptek formation includes 1 Spyder, but later in a pic it shows said formation with 1 UNIT of Spyders. So I don't know which page is right.
- I said the Praetorian formation included a Stalker, but actually after rereading it it's an UNIT of Stalkers.
- Heavy Destroyers are indeed their one unit now.
- Deathmarks and Flayed are indeed only 1 unit.
- Dommscythes are 2 to 4.
- Royal court MUST include at least one Lord and one Cryptek.
- Obyron can replace a Lord.
- Illuminator and Orikan can replace a Cryptek.

Regarding the CTans, WD seems to really make a difference between Shards of the Deceiver, Nightbringer, Trans CTan and the Vault. This is how their power work:
- During the shooting phase, chose an enemy unit.
- Roll a D6 or pick a card to determine the attack it suffers.
- The randomness represents the CTan basically doing whatever he wants when released on a battlefield.
- Each attack comes in 2 Flavors.
- The first one, supposedly already devastating, is used by the two shards and the Trans CTan.
- The second one, that appears to be the powerful Apocalypse effect, is for the Vault.
post #27 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 10:33 AM

Firewolf's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
Did people not like the necrons going away from being c'tan mindless puppets?
>>Yep, I did.

------------------------------------------------------
>> This is just an opinion. If you agree with it cool. If ye dont, its still cool.
>> Here I am and here shall I die.
+++ attributed to Leman Russ at the Battle of Rising Fell +++
post #28 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 10:36 AM

Firewolf's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklove View Post
I think a lot of people did, but the degradation of the C'tan in the current codex is lamentable.
>> Nightbringer and the Deciever were never as shit-hot as people made them out to be anyhoo. I like the fact that you can now kinda make yer own shard, without being stuck with one or t'other. Maybe just me though.

------------------------------------------------------
>> This is just an opinion. If you agree with it cool. If ye dont, its still cool.
>> Here I am and here shall I die.
+++ attributed to Leman Russ at the Battle of Rising Fell +++
post #29 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Thinking of base sizes, I'm really hoping Warriors get the upsize to their base. Every single foot is hanging over pretty much always.
Looking at all th images since the shield of baal campaign book they are on 32mm, so that is definite

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #30 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 07:47 PM
Rattlehead

So the Decurion consists of 1-10 formations and gives them an extra buff?

Why would you not bring that for your one formation and get the free buff on top of your Command Benefits for being a Formation?

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode