Necrons 7th edition - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 05:49 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
If you are using the Unbound method, simply use the datasheets later in this section that correspond to the Necron models in your collection. If you are using the Battle-forged method, you will instead need to organise the Necron models in your collection into Detachments. This is a fun process in its own right. The most common of these are the Combined Arms and Allied detachments. Note that you can also include any of the formations presented in this section as part of a battle-forged army.

Furthermore, the Necron Decurion Deachment is a special type of detachment that can be included in any battle-forged army. Unlike the detachments shown in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, it has a force organisation chart whose slots are combination of specific formations and army list entries instead of battlefield roles. However, it still has compulsory and optional elements, as well as restrictions and command benefits, just like any other detachment.

Although units cannot normally belong to more than one detachment, units from a formation that is part of a Necrn Decurion Detachment are an exception. They count as part of both their formation and the detachment, and have all associated command benefits and special rules. If your warlord is part of a formation or an army list entry that makes up part of a decurion detachment, that entire decurion detachment is your primary detachment.
Yup, looks like old FOC options are still options.

More from Freak Factory:

Last one from Jackedup for now:
Quote:
Tomb Blades (54 points, Fast Attack, unit of 3)

WS4 BS4 S4 T5 W1 I2 A1 Ld10 Sv.4+

Twin linked gauss blasters

Reanimation Protocols

May include up to sevena dditional tomb blades (18 pts per model)
Any model may exchange twin linked gauss blasters fr twin linked tesla carbines(free) or particle beamers (2 pts per model)
Any model may take shieldvanes (2 pts per model)
Any model may take one of the following: Shadowloom (1pt per model), Nebulosocope (2 pts per model)

Warriors and Immortals can use Night Scythes as a dedicated transport.

The fluff in the Codex seems okay to me, if a bit simplistic (evil tomb kings in space) but I did not read the 5th Ed one.

Gauntlet of Fire: Template, S4 AP5, Assault 1

Void Blade: User Strength, AP4, Entropic Strike, Rending
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 06:33 PM
Feed

In most cases now the c'tan have gotten cheaper and picked up eternal warrior. Given that it is no extra cost for their powers, I'd say they are definitely worth using now. I'm also loving the changes across the board. Good, but not ridiculous.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #113 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 06:46 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
In most cases now the c'tan have gotten cheaper and picked up eternal warrior. Given that it is no extra cost for their powers, I'd say they are definitely worth using now. I'm also loving the changes across the board. Good, but not ridiculous.
Yeah, it's looking a lot more balanced overall and I like that a lot.

post #114 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 06:48 PM
Token Trans Mod

More from Freak Factory:

post #115 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 07:09 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Look like the main theme of this codex is nerfing the stuff people hated (Stuff that was abused), and enhancing the units that no one liked.

Important nerfs
-Mind shackle scarabs now cause fear (Which is a shitty rule that a lot of armies are immune to)
-Whip coils now give the far less impressive +3 int (Meaning you can waste points on something that doesn't even guarantee that you will go first). Mind you with their now insane str characteristic they also hit a lot harder.
-Septeminal weave and +3inv/warscthe are now gone (Keeping in mind that the later cost so much that most people didn't use it anyways)
-Can only snap shot when disembarking from a night scythe (So in other words its mobility is almost entirely for positioning as having constant shaken result on passengers cripples them the turn they arrive). Mind you this kind of had to be done.

Important boosts
-Some independent characters are now far more effective
-Lots of units are cheaper or have better special rules/wargear
-Flayed ones got a noticeable boost (Models will still rarely see use as they are slow and prohibitively expensive for a melee unit)
-C'tan are once again one of the most powerful none lords of war units.
-Beamers now have a use besides trying to one shot units on failed characteristic checks. And now act more like a regular weapon that has a random chance to instant kill multi-wound models (Keeping in mind that they now get all relevant saves, and it no longer words on models that have eternal warriors, so really the change is more of a breaks even kind of thing)

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Last edited by LukeValantine; 01-27-15 at 11:06 PM.
post #116 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 07:29 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
-Mind shackle scarabs now cause fear (Which is a shitty rule that a lot of armies are immune to)
And only in challenges, which is hilarious.

Quote:
-Whip coils now give the far less impressive +3 int (Meaning you can waste points on something that doesn't even guarantee that you will go first). Mind you with their now insane str characteristic they also hit a lot harder.
But they're cheap and let you go before everything but Eldar, Slaanesh Daemons and characters. Wraiths were always strength 6 - it's the added Fleet and T5 for no additional cost (as well as a formation to give them Reanimation!) that's the real kicker that makes Wraiths amazing.

Quote:
-Septeminal weave and +3inv/warscthe are now gone (Mind you he later cost so much that most people didn't use it anyways)t
I'm pretty sure the Overlord can still bring a Warscythe (and going from AP1 to AP2 isn't exactly a huge nerf) and with Reanimation being a strong rule that got made even better, I don't think that's a huge issue (you've got 3+/4++/5+++ with potential for re-rolls or +1 from a Cryptek; bear in mind you activate your Res Orb after you've seen the results of your Reanimation, so you can pop it when you die for a second chance at making your saves).

Quote:
-Can only snap shot when disembarking from a night scythe (So in other words its mobility is almost entirely for positioning as having constant shaken result on passengers cripples them the turn they arrive). Mind you this kind of had to be done.
Invasion Beams haven't changed - if you move 18" to 24", you don't Snap Shot when you disembark; it's only if you zoom your 36" then disembark that you get Snap Shots.

I'd add to the list that Scarabs got a lot more expensive, but lost the 'I instantly destroy all vehicles ever' effect that Entropic was before.

Quote:
Important boosts
-Some independent characters are now far more effective
I dare say all of them except Trazyn are vastly better. Those points costs are crazy-low, and I particularly like how Szeras is relevant now (bubble Reanimation buffs are tasty tasty).

Quote:
-Lots of units are cheaper or have better special rules/wargear
Lychguard price cuts in particular are frankly ludicrous.

Quote:
-C'tan are once again of the most powerful none lords of war units.
Eh, I want to see them in action before I judge. They have the makings of a decent monster (T7 is pretty strong), but only 4 wounds and a 4++? For 250pts? That's a *hell* of a lot of points.

I'd add other things to the list, but there's way too many things that have been made a lot better to even begin. Reanimation alone is huge.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #117 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 09:43 PM
Token Trans Mod

post #118 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 11:08 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Also I love the changes to destroyers as they were kind of garbage this current edition. Which is a shame as I own like ten of the damn things, but things are looking good for them actually being useful.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #119 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Wraiths are fucking terrifying now. Their biggest weakness before was bolters, and now it is mitigated mostly by T5. And at what cost? 5 points more expensive. And they kept everything else that made them terrifying, including the 3++...There is no reason not to use them now.

I also like how Tomb Blades were buffed by the point decreases for them and their gear. And to have their 3+, it will make them cost 2 melta guns each. That Tomb Blade Tax for the decursion formation isn't looking that bad now.

And I love the addition to the Ethereal Interception rule for Deathmarks. This is what it should have been in the previous codex and is the perfect counter to a melta-cide drop.
post #120 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 11:20 PM
Token Trans Mod

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode