Necrons 7th edition - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 06:35 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

RP can't get better than a 4+ so the best the orb will do is give them a 4+ vs ID instead of a 5+.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 07:07 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
It's not clear from the wording of these rumors if those +1s stack
I feel like the Eternity Orb will give a constant +1 and a once per game squad wide re-roll judging by the wording and point cost.

...and yeah. It's good that I haven't played my 'crons much because I have definitely been playing Tesla as only adding one extra hit.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #103 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Mindshackles being a 3D6 fear test is fine in theory...until you remember that half of the armies have ATSKNF.

Everything else seems ok...I like seeing 25pt Lychguard, definitely helps things. The point increase of the A-Barge will take getting used to, but was probably needed. Same goes for the Night Scythe, which fortunately still has the Invasion Beams rule.

Not sure what warranted a price increase for Scarabs though, considering they don't reduce AV anymore (though the sheer amount of attacks should wreck a vehicle just the same...)

I love seeing the revival of the old Gauss rule. Makes fighting certain Monstrous creatures possible.

As before, I don't see the point in taking the Res-Orb unless in either a large group of Warriors or an expensive unit like Lychguard.

post #104 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 09:25 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
Mindshackles being a 3D6 fear test is fine in theory...until you remember that half of the armies have ATSKNF.
Fear just seems to be their go-to USR for the "evil" guys these past two editions. As much as I joke about it being a Chaos problem, it obviously applies to more armies.

The most frustrating application of this rule is in the Imperial Armour 13 book, where almost all of the Legacies of Ruin are Fear + some other decent rule (or not) for a pretty steep point cost. I actually like it in the Crimson Slaughter CSM supplement, where essentially it's Chapter Tactics: Fear. Every single unit has Fear, so there will inevitably be a time when it comes in handy. But paying points for it? Naaaah, not worth it.

Whaddya gonna do? Griping will accomplish nothing. Not that I'd let that hold me back.

I'm not too familiar with Necrons, but based on these changes and some batreps I've seen it appears that they're a pretty damn good army. Tesla seemed pretty broken before, but I never observed the flyer spam that so many complained about.

If I had the money, time, and inclination to start another army, it would definitely be Necrons.

*edit*

I do want to know, though: Is the Triarch Stalker still total shit, or has the new book made it more worthwhile?

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #105 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

I haven't seen much on the Triarch Stalker. The make or break point will be the point cost though, as many thought the 15 melta guns it cost before wasn't worth it.
post #106 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 11:08 AM
Rattlehead

Quote:
I'd say that only applying in challenges is dumb as hell; the way it works, once he's in single combat the Necron dude can release scarabs which take the whole enemy unit down to WS1, but for some reason he doesn't want to use them if he's not fighting only one dude in a challenge. I don't get that.

Quote:
Everything else seems ok...I like seeing 25pt Lychguard, definitely helps things. The point increase of the A-Barge will take getting used to, but was probably needed. Same goes for the Night Scythe, which fortunately still has the Invasion Beams rule.
Yeah, but if you read what the rumour says exactly, Annihilation Barges (and indeed all Quantum Shielding vehicles) are now AV13/13/13 until they take a Pen which is huge. Losing some offensive output in not being able to Jink with impunity is totally worth a what, 30pt price increase and gaining immunity to most units in melee.

Quote:
Not sure what warranted a price increase for Scarabs though, considering they don't reduce AV anymore (though the sheer amount of attacks should wreck a vehicle just the same...)
Yeah, 20pts for that statline and 'I glance stuff on 6s' is no way worth it.

Quote:
As before, I don't see the point in taking the Res-Orb unless in either a large group of Warriors or an expensive unit like Lychguard.
Totally worth it on Lychguard - transport's still an issue, but take 10 with sword and board; attach a Cryptek with the Solar Staff to get a guaranteed turn of basically Invisibility; attach a Lord with a Res Orb for one turn of re-rolls; and suddenly, you've got a unit of T5 3+/3++ dudes with 4+ super-FnP with one turn of re-rolls and a turn of Invisibility. That's insane tough; expensive, sure, but you can get away without adding the Res Orb (or bring a Lord with the Orb of Eternity; 300pts of Lychguard, and what I assume is around 100pts-110pts for a Lord with the Orb).

The hit to Tesla on Snap Shots and the increase in price on Barges isn't great, but Necrons seem to have gotten a tonne more resilient (and they were metric bastards before, unless you run them down to deny Reanimation - which you can't do any more).

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #107 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 04:21 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Okay, I am gonna try and answer a whole bunch of questions at once. For starters, I am gonna post some stats. Let's start with...

The Necron Characters -

Nemesor Zahndrekh (150 pts)

WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.2+

Staff of Light, Phase shifter

IC, Reanimation Protocols (RP), Eternal Madness Trait

Adaptive Tacticcs: May select a different Warlord Trait for him (no D6 roll needed) at start of each friendly turn after the first. May also select traits from the BRB. He cannot choose the same trait more than once per game.

Counter Tactics: When within 24" of enemy units with the following special rules: Counter attack, furious charge, hit & run, split fire, stealth, tank hunters - then Zahndrekh and his unit have the same special rules.

Vargard Obyron (120 points)

WS6 BS4 S5 T5 W2 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.2+

Warscythe

IC, RP

Vargard's Duty: Auto passes Init. test for glorious intervention

Cleaving Counterblow: When in a challenge, gains a bonus attack for each attack made by enemy character that fails to hit. Attacks are made at Init 1 step and does not grant additional pile in move

Illuminor Szeras (110 points)

WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I2 A4 Ld10 Sv3+

Fear, IC, RP, Immortal Hubris Trait

Eldritch Lance: 36", S8 AP2, Assault 1, Lance

Mechanical Augmentation: At start of game, before deployment, choose one unit of warriors or immortals. Nominated unit receives an upgrade for remainder of game. Roll D6-

1-2: +1 Toughness
3-4: BS set to 5
5-6: Strength set to 5

Lord of Technomancy: This model and all friendly models with RP within 6" get +1 to RP rolls
Quote:
Orikan the Diviner (120 points)

WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I2 A2 Ld10 Sv.4+

(Orikan Empowered) WS5 BS5 S7 T7 W4 I4 A4 Ld10 Sv.4+

Phase Shifter, Staff of Tomorrow: S:User, AP2, Melee, Chronoblade (re-roll to hit rolls in assault)

Master Chronomancer: Model and all models in same unti get +1 to RP rolls, and re-roll armour saves of 1

The Stars are Right: Roll D6 at start of each friendly turn. If result is less than current turn number, Orikan uses his Empowered profile for rest of game. If he suffers a wound before becoming empowered, he has 3 wounds instead of 4 when empowered.

(For Anrakyr, see earlier in the thread)

Trazyn the Infinite (130 points)

WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Empathic Obliteration: S+2, AP4, Melee, Concussive, Psionic Shockwave: if a character is slain in a challenge by this weapon, all models within 6" of the character with the same faction (friend or foe) suffers a S4, AP- hit.

IC, RP, Enduring Will Trait

Surrogate Hosts: If Trazyn is removed as a casualty, roll a D6. On a 2+, choose another friendly, non unique Cron infantry character to be removed instead. Trazyn takes its place with D3 wounds remaining. If it was locked in assault, Teazyn is as well. If there are no available targets or a 1 is rolled, Trazyn is removed as a casualty.

Imotekh the Stormlord (190 points, LORD OF WAR)

WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.2+

Gauntlet of Fire, Phase Shifter, Staff of the Destroyer: 18", S6 AP2, Assault 3

IC, RP, It will not die, Hyperlogical Strategist trait

Lord of the Swarm: Night fighting is always in effect during first game turn. Once per game, at start of friendly shooting phase, roll a D6 for each enemy unit within 48" of Imootekh. On a 5+, that unit suffers D6 Strength 6 AP- hits, randomly allocated.

Bloodswarm Nanoscarabs: Flayed Ones can re-roll scatter dice when deep striking
Quote:
It does not say they [C'Tan] are limited to using it once per shooting phase.

The Reclamation Legion allows for 1 Overlord. In addition, you can take ONE Royal Court Formation per Reclamation Legion, which lets you take: 1 Overlord (or Imotekh), 1-3 Lords, 1-3 Crypteks.
Quote:
1) For those asking about how many Lords, Crypteks, etc. you can take:

The Reclamation Legion formation allows for 1 Overlord. In addition, you can take ONE Royal Court Formation per Reclamation Legion, which lets you take: 1 Overlord (or Imotekh), 1-3 Lords, 1-3 Crypteks.

2) Regarding the Destroyer Lord: 110 points, WS4 BS4 S5 T6 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+, Staff of Light, IC, RP, Preferred Enemy, and he can take the same upgrades regular Cron lords can.

3) I made a serious mistake with Quantum Shielding, many apologies. The vehicle counts as AV13 on the Front and Side, *not all around* as I claimed earlier.

4) There are significant differences between the three C'Tan Shards. What they have in common are Eternal Warrior, the powers of the C'Tan shooting, Necrodermis (4+ invuln and inflict a S4 AP1 hit for everyone within D6" when it dies) Fearless, and immunity to natural law (treat all terrain as open ground). Other than that:

Nightbringer (240 points, Elite)

WS6 BS4 S7 T7 W4 I4 A4 Ld10. Sv4+

Fleshbane, Gaze of Death: In addition to shooting Powers of the C'tan, can target one non-vehicle enemy within 12" and in LOS. Unit takes wounds of 3D6 - Ld, resolved at AP2 and Ignores Cover. Nightbringer restores one wound if a wound is inflicted.

Deceiver (240 points, Elite)
(Stats same as Nightbringer, but -1 WS and +1 BS)

Hit & Run, Dread (enemy within 12" has -2 Ld.), Grand Illusion: After deployment and scout moves, remove Deceiver and up to D3 friendly units with 12" of it. Either immediately redploy them, or place them in reserve.

Transcendent C'Tan (250 points, Heavy Support)

(Stats same as Nightbringer, but -1 WS, +1 BS, +1 Strength, +1 wound)

Deep Strike, Writhing Worldscape: All enemy units within 6" treat open ground as difficult terrain

5) Caoptek Wraiths have no Sempiternal Weave, whatever that is :p, but they still have their 3+ invuln if that's what you're asking
Quote:
Triarch Praetorians are still jump infantry. However, Wraiths are Beasts.
Quote:
Quote:
1. What has happened to deathmarks?
2. What are the 'ranged weapons' and 'melee weapons' that the overlord can take?
3. What has happened to the annihilation barge?
4. What has happened to the Spyder?
5. Do we have any skyfire/melta/haywire/lance?
1. Deathmarks are 18 points each, Elite infantry. Stats same as before. Deep strike and RP. They also have:

Hunters from Hyperspace: During the turn they arrive from Deep Strike, their shooting attacks wound on a 2+ regardless of toughness.

Ethereal Interception: If they are in Deep Strike Reserve when an enemy unit arrives using Deep Strike, they can immediately also arrive using the rules for Deep Strike, and it may immediately fire at any enemy unit that emerged from reserves that turn. If it does so, it cannot fire during your shooting phase next turn.

2. Ranged: Gauntlet of Fire, Tachyon Arrow

Melee: Hyperphase sword, Voidblade, Warscythe

3 & 4. Posted about the barge earlier in the thread, as with the Spyder. Not too different.

5. Heat Ray is Melta. Don't see Skyfire, lance, or melta.
post #108 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 04:46 PM
Token Trans Mod

From Freak Factory:

More from the Tyranid Hive:
Quote:
Quote:
Since destroyer lords became jet pack infantry, do you see any way to give lords or crypteks a jump pack? Kinda lame if praetorians can't have an IC keep up with them =\ for orb/cryptek bonuses.
Ah, nope. Don't see a way. : /
Quote:
Quote:
is tesla destructor still assault 4 Fo 7 vp - ?
is there any haywire?
are wraith really T5 save 4++?
do any unit other than warriors have the ghost ark as dedicated transport?
is the Royal court formation a single unit or you can split them?
Tesla Destructor is 24", S7 AP-, Heavy 4
No Haywire that I see
Wraiths are T5 and 3+ Invuln
Nope, only the warriors
Royal Court like any formation consists of all those separate units
Quote:
Canoptek Wraiths - 120 points (unit of 3)

WS4 BS4 S6 T5 W2 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Fearless, Rending, Very Bulky

Wraith Form: Canptek Wraiths have 3+ Invuln. Save

Wraithflight: When moving, Canoptek Wraiths can mve over all other models and terrain as if they were open ground. However, they cannot end their move on top of other models and can only end their move on top of impassable terrain if it is possible to actually place the models on top of it.

May include up to three additional Canoptek Wraiths (40 points per model)

Any model may take one of the following:

Whip Coils - 3 pts per model
Particle caster - 5pts per model
Transdimensional beamer - 10pts per model
Quote:
They [Ghost Arks] still repair D3 Warriors a turn
Quote:
Quote:
unit warriors 5 or 10 minimum?
catacomb comand barge Sweep Attack?
10 minimum, and no sweep attack
Quote:
Okay this sempiternal weave thing...I've been looking and looking, and maybe I'm blind, but I don't see it anywhere. Zilch. Nada.
Quote:
Destroyers (40 points, Fast Attack, Unit of 1)

Destroyer WS4 BS4 S4 T5 W2 I2 A1 Ld10 Sv.3+

Weapons: Gauss Cannon for Destroyer, Heavy Gauss Cannon for Heavy Destroyer

Preferred Enemy, Reanimation Protocols, Very Bulky

May include up to five additional destroyers for 40 points each
May upgrade ONE destroyer to a heavy destroyer for 10 points
post #109 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 05:04 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Ranged Weapons:
Gauntlet of Fire
Tachyon Arrow

Melee Weapons:
Hyperhpase Sword
Voidblade
Warscythe

Technoarcana:
Mindshackle Scarabs
Phylactery
Ressurection Orb
Phase Shifter

Artefacts:
Solar Staff
Veil of Darkness
Gauntlet of the Conflagrator
Voidreaper
Nightmare Shroud
Orb of Eternity
Quote:
Gauss Cannon: 24", S5 AP3, Heavy 2, Gauss
Heavy Gauss Cannon: 36", S9, AP2, Heavy 1, Gauss
Quote:
Quote:
- Hyperphase Sword profile?
- Rod of the Covenant profile?
- Do Ghost Arks have the Fast Attack logo in the to right corner (around the points)?
- Same for Night Scythes?
- Is the teseract vault a lord of war or if not what slot and point cost?
- Is the trancendant C'tan a guarguantaun creature or just a monsterous creature?
- User strength, AP3
- 12", S5 AP2, Assault 1
- Yes it's Fast Attack
- Fast Attack
- Superheavy Vehicle, 550 pts
- MC
Quote:
There is NO Force Org chart in this book. It is entirely arranged around a bunch of formations.
Quote:
[Scarabs] are still beasts.
More from Freak Factory:

post #110 of 143 (permalink) Old 01-27-15, 05:31 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Okay, about the formations. Once again peeps, there is NO Force Org Chart. The way they want you to build this army, apparently, is to clump a bunch of these formations together. This time I am also posting the Formation special rules.

Reclamation Legion (1+)

1 Overlord
0-2 Lychguard
1-4 Immortals
2-8 Necron Warriors
1-3 Tomb Blades
0-3 Monoloiths

Special Rules: Moves Through Cover, Relentless
You can re-roll reanimation rolls of 1 for the overlord, or units within 12" of him

1-10 choices of the following per reclamation legion:

(0 to 1) Royal Court=
1 Overlord
1-3 Lords
1-3 Crypteks

Special Rules: Move through cover, relentless
If overlord for this formation is your warlord, you can re-roll warlord traits when using Codex Cron warlord traits table.

Judicator Battatlion=
1 unit of Triach Stalkers
2 units of Triarch Praetorians

Special Rules: Move Through Cover
At start of shooting phase, pick an enemy within LOS of Triarch Stalker. Re-roll failed to hit, to wound, and armour penetration rolls against the target until end of turn.

Destroyer Cult=
1 Destroyer Lord
3 units of destroyers
0-1 units of heavy destroyers

Special Rules: Move through cover
If this formation is your primary detachment, can re-roll for Warlord Traits
Units in this formation re-roll failed to wound and armour penetration rolls

Canoptek Harvest=
1 Canoptek Spyder
1 unit of Canoptek Wraiths
1 unit of Canoptek Scarabs

Special Rules: Move Through Cover, Relentless
At start of Movement phase, can gain Fleet, Reanimation Protocols, or Shred. Spyder and all formation units within 12" gain those special rules until your next movement phase.

Star God=
1 C'Tan Shard f the Deceiver, Shard of the Nightbringer, Transcendent C'Tan or Tessaract Vault

Annihalation Nexus=
2 Annihilation Barges
1 Domsday Ark

Special Rules:
If Doomsday Ark from this formation loses it's quantum shielding, choose an annihilation barge within 6". The barge loses its quantum shielding, and the Doomsday ark gets Quantum shielding instead.

Flayed Ones=
1 unit of Flayed Ones

Living Tomb=
1 Obelisk
0-2 Monoloths

Special Rules: Formation must be placed in Deep Strike reserve. Do not make reserve rlls fr the Obelisk, it automatically arrives on your turn 2. Monoliths do not scatter when deep striking if placed within 12" of the Obelisk.
Immediately after a Monoloths arrives frm this formation, choose one friendly Cron unit nthat is entirely infantry or jump infantry that is in reserve. Place it as though disembarking from the Monolith's eternity gate.

Deathmarks=
1 unit of Deathmarks

Deathbringer Flight
2-4 Doomscythes

Special Rules:
When Doom Scythe from this formation fires a death ray, add 2 to BS for each other Doom Scythe from this formation that shot at the enemy this turn.
All enemy units within 12" of at least two Doom Scythes from this formation have -1 Ld.
I don't see this preventing the use of Leviathan or the CAD as alternatives though.

Quote:
Forces of the Necrons:

"If you are using the Battle-forged method, you will instead need to organise the Necron models in your collection into Deatchments...

...the Necron Decurion Detachment is a special type of Detachment that can be included in any Battle forged army. Unlike the detachhments shown in WH40K: The Rules, it has a force organisation chart whose slots are a combination of specific formations and army list entries instead of battlefield roles."
Don't see this being too big of an issue since all of the units seem to have FOC labels still making them usable in standard FOCs.

Quote:
25 pts for phase shifter, 15 pts for phylactery.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode