Sisters of Battle Rumors (WARNING: Salt Overdose) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Default Sisters of Battle Rumors (WARNING: Salt Overdose)

So Sisters rumors have started which makes me excited and apprehensive all at once (which I think is fair considering the last time we had rumors a sub-par digital only codex was released). That said please take with liberal amounts of salt.

From Bolter and Chainsword:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishagu
A Hardback Sororitas Codex with plastic kits. I was told something similar by someone in the know not long ago. It could be true...
From Warseer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephillion
I’ve heard more credible things about Sisters being later (next year), and the fact that they would redo Dark Angels, CSM and Daemons so soon… instead of redoing the problem Codices… seems like whoever wrote this just assumed GW would follow the same order.
Pulled from Dakka:
Quote:
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/01/a...plete-csm.html

Quote:
With earlier rumors of a potential Adepta Sororitas codex release on the schedule, I was asking a few questions. Here is a response to the status of a Sister's of Battle release.

Please remember that these are rumors

Via Steve the Warboss
@Sororitas
After the featuring in the Shields of Baal Campaign i think its possible for a near Sororitas release. The Codex is complete and can be released every time. More rumors do not exist at the moment.
@CSM
There are rumors for an khorne theme suppliment in march, maybe the first with new profiles. The release of an new Codex in the summer is still possible
And the speculated release scheduled puts them as a "late May"
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/01/u...-jan-june.html

Quote:
LATE MAY
Maybe Sororitas
From Jared van Kell on BoLS (take extra salt):
Quote:
Adeptus Sororitas are due this year but from what is being said it sounds like it is going to be as part of a box set similar to Shield of Baal.
From Hellios on Bolter and Chainsword:
Quote:
I can 100% confirm that GW has newer SoB infantry sculpts. What I can't comment on is if GW has plans to release those sculpts. I use the word 'newer' because I consider them to be fairly old now.

If GW is going to start releasing small forces (FW AdMech has been selling well?), it would be a good time to drop some new SoBs. Even if plastic SoBs weren't cheaper, they can provide a lot of bits on a sprue. Celestians, Dominions, Retributors, and normal sisters in one box. Seraphim in another... HQ box/clamshell that fits well with the new plastics... And 'pure' SoB are fine, maybe a Repressor if they feel like pushing the boat out.
And some speculation from the comments on Faeit that I think makes sense (based on rumors of releases) by Chris Royles:
Quote:
GW are simply responding to mArket and competitor risk.

GW Knights = Dreamforge Leviathon
GW Greater Deamon = Creature Caster
GW SoB = Raging Heroes Sisters if Mercy.

Timing is far too coincidental.
GW cannot afford for any one of the above to gain market share and do a better job.
And that's where we sit until more comes out or until someone can get the Devs to drop hints, or all the above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 02:26 PM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

If they actually go forwards with this, I will eat my current WIP Project. With BBQ Sauce and a nice Chianti. Sisters have been a long rumor for years - and adding to this, I overheard one of the reasons they never released Plastic Sisters was that it was impossible for the components to fit on the frame without resorting to snap fit construction.

Then again, that particular line I think is at least several years old, and GW Plastics technology has come a long way since then. I've also heard various other things, from the usual "Army being Squatted" to "GW can't find a sculptor to work on them since Victoria Lamb left".

I think right now the prospective odds are on the same level as Plastic Thunderhawk Gunship and 40K AdMech. It would be nice, but it's unlikely right now.

Also, Sisters being released as the response to Raging Heroes? Emperor help us all if they get redesigned to look anything remotely like them...

Modelling Projects
post #3 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 02:31 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
If they actually go forwards with this, I will eat my current WIP Project. With BBQ Sauce and a nice Chianti.
that may be dangerous, a hat will do, you can throw in some sauce too

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

post #4 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
that may be dangerous, a hat will do, you can throw in some sauce too
I'll take what I can get. Either way, glorious if it happens, but I just don't see it happening - especially since the Rumors can be summed up as "They're coming! They're not quite they're yet but they're on their way!"

...You know, the unspoken Tagline for Game of Thrones X3

Modelling Projects
post #5 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 03:17 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think this will be the year we finally see Sisters, the sculpting isnt a problem, you only need to look at the many warhammer fantasy kits produced in tge last two years to see how far GW have come with dividing up minis in funky ways to get them onto a plastic sprue. As for who can make sculpt, jes goodwin still works at GW and will no doubt be responsible for the design and development like he was for the dark eldar revamp, plus considering the time scales already passed i would say jes is definitely the lead designer as he takes forever but when he hits the mark hes the golden goose.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #6 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Every time we get rumors of sisters getting a codex release it's been spot on, and we haven't had model rumors since Jul 13 so it's not like we get them all the time.

I won't be shocked if we get a new book in a couple months. New models will surprise me though.

Last edited by Zion; 01-15-15 at 04:24 PM.
post #7 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 04:38 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'll take the same view I'm adopting on B&C and the Sisters Facebook group I belong to. When I see previews then I'll get excited. Until them I'm happy with with my just short of 2k Sisters, they may be metal but they are well loved. I think I've just become apathetic to the idea of Sisters getting a hardback or plastics. Saying for years we haven't been squatted, fighting the good fight etc just to be laughed at by others players, I've just given up caring and will just wait until I actually see something more than "I heard from X about Y and they will come X"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #8 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

From a little Ripper Swarm to me:
Quote:
The Codex is done, the models are in production, and it's nebulously a Q2 release. It's the Dark Eldar treatment-- rebuilt the range from the ground up, completely.
post #9 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
From a little Ripper Swarm to me:
How you got a Ripper to tell you anything without tearing your face off and turning you into fine, fine biomass is something I'll probably never know.

Modelling Projects
post #10 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
How you got a Ripper to tell you anything without tearing your face off and turning you into fine, fine biomass is something I'll probably never know.
......Zion has been contaminated by a genestealer, BURN THE ABOMINATION BEFORE IT BRINGS A HIVE FLEET!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode