Sisters of Battle Rumors (WARNING: Salt Overdose) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 04:12 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
The secret is to stroke it and love it and call it George.
I have to call it George? ohh so that's what I've been doing wrong.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 10:15 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Back on topic I was under the impression that the sisters release has been delayed so long due to the chapter house scandal (hazy rumours from my sources here)

Back when that first broke out I am informed that when GW first started prosecuting chapter house they decided to tie up potential copyright issues by releasing kits for unreleased entries in codicies (like the Tervigon) but sisters gr missed out because they incorporate too many Fleur-dy-lys on the models themselves which is hard/impossible to trademark (hence why Brettonians have also not had a release).

I was under the impression that when the last sisters rumours came out which resulted in the codex the models were held back because if this issue and will be released later. Like maybe soon for instance although I HEAVILY doubt they will be a May release. At least not to those I know.
post #23 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 11:15 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
jes goodwin still works at GW and will no doubt be responsible for the design and development
He is, he admitted it was his "baby" soon after DE were released,
he's mentioned it several times over several years for various reasons,
when there was all the fuss over the sculpting problems there were unconfirmed quotes from him that DE had moved ahead of SOB (followed by lots of caterwauling that SOB had gone the way of Squats)
this will be his last "major" project, I understand.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
Back on topic I was under the impression that the sisters release has been delayed so long due to the chapter house scandal (hazy rumours from my sources here)
No, delays have been down to a perfectionist being in charge of the project,
a perfectionist who regularly gets pulled in several different directions............

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Last edited by Bindi Baji; 01-16-15 at 11:18 AM.

post #24 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 11:28 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
The secret is to stroke it and love it and call it George.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #25 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 01:05 PM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post

Back when that first broke out I am informed that when GW first started prosecuting chapter house they decided to tie up potential copyright issues by releasing kits for unreleased entries in codicies (like the Tervigon) but sisters gr missed out because they incorporate too many Fleur-dy-lys on the models themselves which is hard/impossible to trademark (hence why Brettonians have also not had a release).

I was under the impression that when the last sisters rumours came out which resulted in the codex the models were held back because if this issue and will be released later. Like maybe soon for instance although I HEAVILY doubt they will be a May release. At least not to those I know.
Doubting this. Chapterhouse simply doesn't sell any SoB parts. Now if it were (for example) Raging Heroes then maybe, but Chapterhouse? Not seeing the connection.

Modelling Projects
post #26 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 02:01 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Its possible that the chapter house events affected the sisters, the resulting fall out from the case may have meant resources were moved to fix other areas, GW have been doing some funky stuff in the last couple of years with stuff getting dropped and they popping up again and unparalleled new releases, it could be that the sisters were put on the back burner while GW reacted to the case in the US.

Ultimately i think its just investment of time vs profit, turning an entirely metal army to plastic this late in the day is gonna take some doing, if they want it doing right then jes will be doing it and he never rushes anything.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #27 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
No, delays have been down to a perfectionist being in charge of the project,
a perfectionist who regularly gets pulled in several different directions............
Then I'm less upset.

Quote:
Doubting this. Chapterhouse simply doesn't sell any SoB parts. Now if it were (for example) Raging Heroes then maybe, but Chapterhouse? Not seeing the connection.
Yeah.......they don't do 'not' SoB but their 'not' other stuff is.....pretty blatant rip offs. Not to mention the fact they pretty much use every non copy righted name, i.e. Tau, Space Marine. Even use the Tau's emblem on a walker that has a burst cannon junk.
post #28 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 02:43 PM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
Yeah.......they don't do 'not' SoB but their 'not' other stuff is.....pretty blatant rip offs. Not to mention the fact they pretty much use every non copy righted name, i.e. Tau, Space Marine. Even use the Tau's emblem on a walker that has a burst cannon junk.
And this I'm not gonna argue with. However, I don't recall Chapterhouse touching the Sisters at all.

Modelling Projects
post #29 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 02:48 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I'm ever hopeful that GW will be releasing SoB figures, but I am not holding my breath. There have been too many false dawns. But if they do I may even be tempted to create a fully fledged army of Nuns with guns.

I hope they still have pentient engines of some sort. I also wonder what 'big' model they would go for?

One thing to bear in mind is that from concept to release can be anything from 18 months to 3 years for some models. With a complete rebuild this could explain why it has taken so long to get them built after the DE release.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #30 of 212 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 03:45 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
However, I don't recall Chapterhouse touching the Sisters at all.
A bottom was pinched, there was a restraining order.

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode