End Times: Archaon - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-12-15, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Default End Times: Archaon

So here are the details:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/...n-edition.html

-Archaon on Dragon / van Horstmann / Galrauch Box
-Bloodthirster / two Characters Box
-New Khornate Unit
-Archaon is a Lvl 4 Caster
-New Tzeentch Lore
-5th and last Book in March
-Title is Endtimes: Achaeon
-More Chaos content, focus on Khorne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-12-15, 09:11 PM
Rattlehead

>Van Horstmann
>New Tzeentch lore

I need to go and change my pants, brb

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #3 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-13-15, 04:53 PM

Van Horstmann? it's been too long :D

Archaeon on a Dragon and now a level 4 caster? Assuming he keeps all his rules.... 2 million point model incoming.

And a new Bloodthirster/mutated Khorne character (along the lines of the glottkin, perhaps) is more than welcome. The current Bloodthirster is from the 90s, I believe? (ignoring the 'new' head it got in the mid 00s).

post #4 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-13-15, 04:58 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not sure how I feel about plastic Archaon.

Got to say, that unless Galrauch is the size of a Knight/Wraightknight I won't be too happy.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #5 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-13-15, 07:17 PM
Rattlehead

Pretty sure Galrauch will be roughly the same size, or a little larger, than most of the Dragon models in the range (so way bigger than he is now). I'm thinking cross between a zombie dragon and a DE black dragon.

If he gets End Times rules I'd totally want to use the Emperor Chaos Dragon model from Forge World though. That thing is a beast (I'd never paint it for fear of doing it wrong!)

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #6 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-13-15, 08:49 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

What?! That's crap! I mean all that stuff about Archaon is awesome, and I would definitely get a kit that can make him and Van Horstmann. But that's it?! Five books to cover the end of the Warhammer World?? What about all the other factions and what they are doing, like the Lizardmen, the Orcs and Goblins, the Beastmen?? What about the character plots like Settra wanting revenge on Nagash, Teclis and his Avatars taking on the Chaos Gods, Vlad von Carstein hunting for Isabella and trying to become the Elector Count of Sylvania??

If the End Times really does end here then it's wasting so much potential. I would have thought 10 books would be where it ends, one for each key faction and maybe one or two extras to cover important characters and events, like maybe the big final battle being two books like the Shield of Baal campaign for 40k. I will be very disappointed if this really is the end of the series, so much that could have been done and it's just left alone.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #7 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-13-15, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
What?! That's crap! I mean all that stuff about Archaon is awesome, and I would definitely get a kit that can make him and Van Horstmann. But that's it?! Five books to cover the end of the Warhammer World?? What about all the other factions and what they are doing, like the Lizardmen, the Orcs and Goblins, the Beastmen?? What about the character plots like Settra wanting revenge on Nagash, Teclis and his Avatars taking on the Chaos Gods, Vlad von Carstein hunting for Isabella and trying to become the Elector Count of Sylvania??

If the End Times really does end here then it's wasting so much potential. I would have thought 10 books would be where it ends, one for each key faction and maybe one or two extras to cover important characters and events, like maybe the big final battle being two books like the Shield of Baal campaign for 40k. I will be very disappointed if this really is the end of the series, so much that could have been done and it's just left alone.

LotN
Maybe that's just the last book before the cataclysmic event that begins 9th edition. As far as WFB rumors go, the 9th edition stuff has outshined a few others, one of which being a box set.

If they are really going to consolidate the armies down to 6 books, they still have a lot left to explain. I doubt they'll leave any loose ends before they release said army books. As far as all armies getting ET attention, who knows.
post #8 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-13-15, 09:50 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Having spoken with my local GW dude (apparently used to work at head office and Warhammer Forge as one of the email answerers before WHF quasi collapsed and then got sick of working with interns with a crib sheet and only a basic working knowledge about the game) about reserving a copy of Archaon whenever it drops, and getting into a discussion about it.

Supposedly, it's taking inspiration from the original "end of warhammer" that the WHF guys had at the start of the production for Tamurkhan, but it didn't get much traction due to the limited nature of it, and the fact that at the end of it, it was written to be just a burp in time and removed from memory (he said at that point, the FW office was split into whether to go into the past of Warhammer, and do things like Battle of Blackfire Pass, or the War of Vengeance and to tie it in with the Time of Legends etc, but it was sort of overruled when many of the major events were earmarked by the WHF GW Team and said they couldn't use that. So he says).

So, they settled on going back for some source material, and settled on Tamurkhan - and were planning on bringing out 3 other books for the gods, but like I said, Tamurkhan was gotten for the rules of the Carmine Dragon and the Chaos Dwarfs only, pretty much, which left the rest of the book and game progression to stagnate, and hence no new releases, which led to no new interest, and so no new releases, ad infinitum ad absurdium.

The basic ideas of the time bubbles, and "the end of the warhammer world" (as in the original ideas) then went over to the Fantasy team. They chose different storylines, and included things such as the resurrection of Nagash, and turning him into a "force for good", or "not-bad", at least, and then taking it 5 books to allow the big bads of the setting - including Be'lakor and Archaon to take centre stage once more (his mention of Be'lakor was interesting-ish), then they'd go and focus on the other books. After all, the 9th edition rumour about the shattered worlds is as a result of Mazdamundi and Kroak enacting the Big Fucking Red Button of the old ones, supposedly, and there's no mention of that anywhere.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #9 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-13-15, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

What if the dual Bloodthirster kit also makes Be'lakor?!?
post #10 of 180 (permalink) Old 01-13-15, 10:56 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Simply put, I don't buy the 'bubble' rumors.

Why? Because GW makes money. I really can't imagine them cutting their product like like that... not to mention the sheer alienation that would come from killing off 90% of their armies. I know I for one would probably stop right there, since I collect for a theme, and if my High Elves fell apart... well, they already have, but I can handle 'Elves'. But to see the entire existance just... disappear? Nah.

I'm also getting a bit miffed at the lack of Tzeentch love, both in 40k (oh good, more Khorne stuff), and Fantasy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode