End Times: Archaon - Page 17 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-12-15, 10:51 PM
The Emperor Protects
 
Angel of Blood's Avatar
Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,262
Reputation: 41
Default

If we do get the full reset and with it a new world. Imagine what it's gonna be like in ten years time or so. We'll have whole groups of players, some really experienced, that have never heard of Khemri, Lustria, Sylvania. Of so many of the heroes and villains that have died over the End Times.

Little crazy to think of huh?
Angel of Blood is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #162 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Einherjar667's Avatar
Einherjar667's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 1,459
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
If we do get the full reset and with it a new world. Imagine what it's gonna be like in ten years time or so. We'll have whole groups of players, some really experienced, that have never heard of Khemri, Lustria, Sylvania. Of so many of the heroes and villains that have died over the End Times.

Little crazy to think of huh?

Weird but... Makes te world take off a life of it's own. Imagine them releasing an game called "the forgotten times" where they revive that fluff.

Alas, those places won't disappear rrom the fluff. They're not scrapping 100% of the models supposedly. So with that, the fluff to explain the origin of said models will remain.
Heck you can't have the Glottkin without Norsca. Remember their fate.
Einherjar667 is offline  
post #163 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Jace of Ultramar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 3,868
Reputation: 22
Default

I'm curious as to "whom" the flicker of light that was once a man is. Sigmar? Karl Franz? Professor Plum?
Jace of Ultramar is offline  
 
post #164 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 04:49 PM
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I'm curious as to "whom" the flicker of light that was once a man is. Sigmar? Karl Franz? Professor Plum?
Maybe 9th will tell us.

From Natfka:
Quote:

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

here are the formation


The Beast Waaagh!
Grimgor Incarnate, 2 units of black orcs, orc boyz and Ogres, plus 1 unit of orc boar boyz, , ironguts, and leadbelchers, and 1 giant.




Orcboyz and Orc boar boyz must be upgraded to big uns
No units in the formation take animosity tests
All units benefit from waaagh and can re-roll one or more dice for charge range.




The Host of Shadow
Malekith, 1 unit of black guard, phoenix guard, wildwood riders, darkshards, black arc crusaders, high elf spearmen and a War Hydra.


no units have to take dangerous terrain tests and shooting attacks against Malekith or units within 12 are at -1 to hit
Increases Steed of Shadow to 36, and can do so multiple times.


Host of Life
Alarielle, Durthu, nasetra and arahan-must be mounted, 1 treeman ancient, 1 handmaiden, 1 sisters of avelorn, 2 glade guard, 1 deepwood scouts, 1 wild riders, and 3 units of dryads.


all units have regeneration, Durthu and treeman ancient get hatred against any enemy unit within 12 of Arielle.


Host of Light
Tyrion, Imrik, 2 high elf princes, 2 knight orders, 1 reiksguard, 1 demigryph knights, 2 lothern skycutters, 2 silver helms, and 1 unit of cold knights.


Gain +d3 result in close combat if they charged this round.
Hatred towards daemons and undead


The Blood Hunt
Wrath of Khorne, bloodthirster Insenate Rage, and 1 unfettered fury, 3 units of bloodletters, 1 of bloodcrushers, and 2 of flesh hounds.


d3 units get vanguard deployment rules
all have hatred and can re-roll failed charges.


Army of Blight
Isabella, great unclean one, 3 units of plague bearers, 1 of plague drones, and 2 units of nurglings.


enemy units have -1 leadership, their generals inspiring presence is reduced by 6", and shooting attacks a -1 to hit.


The Host of Death
Nagash, Arkhan-mortarch sacrament, Krell mortrach despair, 1 unit of Morghasts, Morghasts Archai, Grave Guard, and Black Knights.


Arkhan get a +3 bonus to casting results
Grave Guard and Black Knight have WS5 and suffer two less wounds from unstable.


Host of Fire
Caradryan, 2 units of Asuryan, 1 unit of white lions, Har Ganeth executioners, and eternal guard.


Asuryan must take flamespyre
All models get devastating charge and flaming attacks
Wake of Fire at +1 strength


Throng of Metal
Balthasar Gelt, runelord, 2 units of thunderers, 1 unit of irongdrakes and ironbreakers, 2 cannons, 1 organ gun. 2 gyrocopters


+1 armour piercing and saves
on a 5+ warmachines and units armed with ranged weapons can shoot again.
Zion is offline  
post #165 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 07:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Charandris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 373
Reputation: 18
Default

Is that it for formations? Having not read the previous books I don't know how many are in a book. Just suprised to not see an archaon formation?
Charandris is offline  
post #166 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 08:05 PM
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Zion is offline  
post #167 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 09:33 PM
The Tinkerer
 
Wookiepelt's Avatar
Wookiepelt's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tree House 526, Kashyyyk
Posts: 832
Reputation: 56
Default

Battlescrolls


Don't leave us engineers with too much free time on our hands...
we WILL tinker around and build something!!!


Wookie's Wolfies - A Space Wolves Project Log
Wookiepelt is offline  
post #168 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-14-15, 12:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Words_of_Truth's Avatar
Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 7,003
Reputation: 30
Default

Do people actually play with formations? They ain't caught on at my local store, nor has the 40k equivalents.
Words_of_Truth is offline  
post #169 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-14-15, 12:49 AM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

40k yes. Fantasy no. Everyone's pretty much discarded it to see how badly GW fuck it up.

Formations however are pretty damn awesome as they allow small hotfixes (via White Dwarf, later publications etc) to hotfix the game dead easily by giving you benefits for taking a combination of units you wanted to anyway. It allows weaker unit collections to be more powerful without massively breaking game balance like a sweeping change to a Codex entry could reconfigure.

Imagine this; in 40K Khorne sucks. really badly. Low toughness, saves, and all that combined with pure assault only doesn't bode well. But wait; imagine a hotfix which makes Khorne units more viable? only catch is, you have to play with that particular collection of units.

The best formations to look out for are those which change up how something plays. For example, the BA Stormraven Formation which allows first turn assaults, or the Nid one which allows your Tyrant to go into ongoing reserves rather than take excessive damage. You're usually giving up Objective Secured for these benefits, so it better be worth it. Some, like Kharn's butcherhorde makes your units more effective at what they're going to be doing already. As fun as that is, it's like making melta's fire 2 shots. It doesn't really change much, apart from make X better at doing X, whereas they're still being beaten by Y.

There are some downsides though; mainly because the way Fortifications react, you can have a Battleforged Army with Tyranid Skytyrant Swarms, Necron C'Tan+Crypteks, Blood Angel Stormraven Assaulters, and Necron Super heavies knocking about and still be battleforged; but that rarely happens.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 03-14-15 at 12:57 AM.
Vaz is offline  
post #170 of 180 (permalink) Old 03-14-15, 01:22 AM
The Emperor Protects
 
Angel of Blood's Avatar
Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,262
Reputation: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
40k yes. Fantasy no. Everyone's pretty much discarded it to see how badly GW fuck it up.

Formations however are pretty damn awesome as they allow small hotfixes (via White Dwarf, later publications etc) to hotfix the game dead easily by giving you benefits for taking a combination of units you wanted to anyway. It allows weaker unit collections to be more powerful without massively breaking game balance like a sweeping change to a Codex entry could reconfigure.

Imagine this; in 40K Khorne sucks. really badly. Low toughness, saves, and all that combined with pure assault only doesn't bode well. But wait; imagine a hotfix which makes Khorne units more viable? only catch is, you have to play with that particular collection of units.

The best formations to look out for are those which change up how something plays. For example, the BA Stormraven Formation which allows first turn assaults, or the Nid one which allows your Tyrant to go into ongoing reserves rather than take excessive damage. You're usually giving up Objective Secured for these benefits, so it better be worth it. Some, like Kharn's butcherhorde makes your units more effective at what they're going to be doing already. As fun as that is, it's like making melta's fire 2 shots. It doesn't really change much, apart from make X better at doing X, whereas they're still being beaten by Y.

There are some downsides though; mainly because the way Fortifications react, you can have a Battleforged Army with Tyranid Skytyrant Swarms, Necron C'Tan+Crypteks, Blood Angel Stormraven Assaulters, and Necron Super heavies knocking about and still be battleforged; but that rarely happens.
Where is this Blood Angel formation.....?
Angel of Blood is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome