Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

2015 40k releases

32K views 280 replies 44 participants last post by  Tawa 
#1 ·
According to BoLS at least:

40K: The Codices of 2015

The Army Books:
(release order is unknown, but the last rumors reported Necrons first)

- Necrons
- Dark Angels
- Chaos Marines
- Sororitas
- Chaos Daemons

The "Special Armies"
This category are the new rumored "small codex armies" that have only a handful of units, short pagecount codices, and are entirely new to the game (or have been out of print for decades).

- Harlequins (rumors say Februrary more regularly)
- Others (conflicting chatter of everything from Ad-Mech to Genestealer Cult, and even more exotic factions...)

In general these are the "Imperial Knight" type releases this year - designed to make a big splash and spike sales due to the fact the faction is entirely new miniatures. Look for 1-2 of these this year.
I want to believe in Sisters getting a release this year, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

#2 ·
I Feel a great disturbance in the warp, as if millions of heretics suddenly cried out in terror and were then burned alive. I fear something glorious has happened.

The "special army" thing sounds interesting, didn't they do that with the Tempestra? sounds like an interesting way to splash diversity into a army via allies without blowing your budget too much.

#7 ·
GW seem to be less releasing new models, and now just rehashing the rules. I'm hoping for good things for Dark Angels - after all, Nids are now about the most powerful army out there, but look how 6th ed treated them.

#14 · (Edited)
Same, I know people poo poo the idea of Sisters getting an update but I'm optimistic, especially in this current era where once 'Crons get done all the armies will be updated to within one edition. So if Sisters get done I'm optimistic it will be during 7th. So I've started saving up some money for the possible day they get a release. Admittedly if 8th comes around a still no Sisters then my confidence and optimism will be completely shot.

I do hope this whole mini dexes is a thing that continues though, I know some people are very fond of Imperial Knights and Tempestus. It us also a nice way to keep the game without having to 'overhaul' each book 'needlessly' every edition. It gives things like Harliequins and Ad Mech abit of game time and a way to get models. Almost reminds me of the old Codex approved.

#13 ·
An exciting proposition, to get an update to C:CSM. But what, will they then update Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter, as well? I guess there wouldn't really be a reason to update them, though. Just a few army-wide rules and different wargear.

Must not take away my Axe of Blind Fury, though. That is my ONE request! Change anything else, short of my Juggerlord and his axe.

#21 ·
I know this thread is a little dated, but I want to agree with you here. 2nd ed wad my heyday, and I still have a soft spot for it. I miss saving throw modifiers damnit!

#16 ·
New update from Faeit:

via Steve the Warboss
EARLY - MID JAN
Skaven (confirmed)

LATE JAN
Necrons

EARLY - MID FEB
Harlequin

LATE FEB - MID MAR
Endtimes : Archaon

LATE MAR
CSM Suppliment

EARLY - MID APR
Adeptus Mechanicus

LATE APR - MID MAY
Warhammer Fantasy 9th (or a new Game called "Warhammer")

LATE MAY
Maybe Sororitas

EARLY JUN
New Warhammer Starter Set​

#18 ·
CSM Sprinkles....? :popcorn:

#22 ·
And if/when they get and update my bet is Tau get a clamshell or two at most and are largely instead a rules update. IF Eldar get plastics they'll probably be jetbikes OR SOME aspect warriors.

The list only goes to Jun anyways. It's early Feb right now. We still have time to see them updated. In the mean time they need to adapt to being able to handle the improved durability of Necrons because a lot of the old tricks don't work. Necrons may not be the best at dishing out huge numbers of wounds or shots compared to a lot of armies, but they can sure as hell take them and that is an advantage people will need to work around.

Who knows, maybe Grey Knights will start taking Psylencers seriously just because they have Force.

#23 ·
Hopefully GW keeps up the pace of these releases, because if they do I can easily see us getting all books replaced within the next year (+/- a few months, maybe).

I'm sorta surprised GW didn't release a dual Harlequin/Eldar Jetbike. I totally thought that was going to happen for some reason. Maybe the Harlequin bike is too big, or something.

That's what SHE sai-- :suicide:

#31 ·
word...fucking tau. Played a game over the weekend against tau. I don't mind most of their rules, they are shooty and good at it, which is fine, but the smart missile systems are broken. A unit of 3 broadsides shooting 12 S5, ignores cover, ignores LOS, rerolls misses and lets put interceptor on there to boot is just ridiculous.

#27 · (Edited)
I still call bullocks on the CSM only getting a supplement. The rumor was a Khorne supplement, and right now Fantasy is getting a Khorne themed End Times. I think the guy who overheard the rumor mixed up Fantasy and 40k.

I will stick to CSM getting a new book. Right now the focus is to get all 6th up to 7th standards, and them only releasing a supplement makes absolutely no sense.

#36 ·
I do think a 7th edition book is coming, I just don't think CSM are next. I mean we're looking at a Fantasy Release for March (with any Daemon models likely getting a 40k rules release as well), and while April is up in the air right now (though my money is on a small release) May is looking like the 9th Ed Fantasy drop. So right now we're probably looking at a conservative estimate of later summer or fall before we really see things rolling (and that's assuming we're lucking and get Sisters in the early-mid Summer).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.