2015 40k releases - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 01:29 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcap View Post
I'm just disappointed the rumored new DA upgrade set seems to have been wishlisting. (Oh and a small codex adjustment would be nice so I don't get stomped by my brothers Tau everytime).
word...fucking tau. Played a game over the weekend against tau. I don't mind most of their rules, they are shooty and good at it, which is fine, but the smart missile systems are broken. A unit of 3 broadsides shooting 12 S5, ignores cover, ignores LOS, rerolls misses and lets put interceptor on there to boot is just ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 05:59 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I suppose all the rumors could be total nonsense and we will be stuck with our codex until 8th edition. That would be pitiful. Can't really make our book that much worse. *hears thunder booming overhead*

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #33 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
I suppose all the rumors could be total nonsense and we will be stuck with our codex until 8th edition. That would be pitiful. Can't really make our book that much worse. *hears thunder booming overhead*
Well with IA 13 the book has gotten some stuff that helps. It's not perfect, but it's a start.

post #34 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 08:38 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Well with IA 13 the book has gotten some stuff that helps. It's not perfect, but it's a start.
IA 13 has some very good stuff in it, and as long as you stay away from ultra comp play, it creates a very fun list to play..

post #35 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 10:04 PM
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
IA 13 has some very good stuff in it, and as long as you stay away from ultra comp play, it creates a very fun list to play..
Yeah, I picked up a Relic Sicaran, Fire Raptor, and Hell Blade. I'm also going to build a counts-as-Zarakynel Khornate Warlord on a Carnosaur. The Rapier batteries are also nice. Hopefully one day I'll make some of those, too.

There are lots of cool units, and I guess your stipulation about staying away from ultra-comp play has a lot of merit, but I can't help but be bothered by the obscene point costs and crappy Legacies of Ruin.

Even with all that whining, I love the book. It's just awesome and it feels good to revel in the heresy.

Really, the issue is the codex. It's just so blah. Doesn't mean in its current form it isn't fun or even sometimes competitive. Sorry all, the point wasn't to beat a dead horse. I swear.

I just think it's sorta wishful thinking to assume we're even getting a new book for 7th. I would gladly accept one, but GW really could just call it a day and roll out supplement after supplement since CSM/DA/SM/Tau/Eldar/Daemons already have hardback books. They could get our money by releasing an updated codex that includes new Lords of War and Formations, but couldn't they just as easily release those as supplements or dataslates?

post #36 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

I do think a 7th edition book is coming, I just don't think CSM are next. I mean we're looking at a Fantasy Release for March (with any Daemon models likely getting a 40k rules release as well), and while April is up in the air right now (though my money is on a small release) May is looking like the 9th Ed Fantasy drop. So right now we're probably looking at a conservative estimate of later summer or fall before we really see things rolling (and that's assuming we're lucking and get Sisters in the early-mid Summer).
post #37 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 10:44 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I do think a 7th edition book is coming, I just don't think CSM are next.
worst case scenario would probably be next year, the speed things things are now at

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #38 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
worst case scenario would probably be next year, the speed things things are now at
Very, very true.
post #39 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 11:11 PM
JUGGERNUT

That would only give me more time to save up for the inevitable hundreds I'll be dropping when it finally does come out, so it's all good!

post #40 of 281 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
That would only give me more time to save up for the inevitable hundreds I'll be dropping when it finally does come out, so it's all good!
Sounds like me regarding the eventual Sisters release...when I'm not looking at my Thousand Sons army and what I need for that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode