2015 40k releases - Page 27 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 12:24 PM

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

well that's my June sorted yes bring on the Tzeentch train. maybe my army will be a lot more competitive over just being fun. not that just fun is bad

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-03-15, 08:26 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
a deamonkin book for each power is really a no brainer, not doing one for each power would be almost unforgivable, but in my opinion the lack of miniature support for the Khorne book was a huge kick in the balls for Khorne players, OK admittedly the new blood thirster was a nice brucey bonus, but it wasnt a must purchase if you were a khorne player(deamon or marine) the likelyhood being you already own one of the previous incarnations or simply couldnt justify the price on top of the codex,but when GW produced the blood angels codex they got a chapter specific tactical squad and terminator squad, neither of which were really "needed" to produce a blood angel themed army,i consider both these kits as "nice to have", the last deamonkin book would have been an ideal time to finally update the very poor Berserker minis at the very least, or if not them to add a few khorne specific kits that are quite fluffy like berserker terminators, or as was rumored khorne marines riding juggernauts, or even at a stretch a khorne themed chaos marine squad (could even have dual kitted this with berserkers??).

I think if they repeat this again and only release a new greater deamon for £70(or in that ball park) and a deamonkin codex, people will get annoyed, particularly those who want thousand sons minis in plastic not to mention those who want plague marines in plastic, Each of the popular chapters of loyalist marines has a fair number of themed units all of there own, it really is time they made an effort producing either power or legion specific models for chaos players.
I'd wager that's because other cult choices are in more of a priority need for updating. Berzerkers are at least plastic, plague marines, rubric marines, and noise marines are all in need of the plastic treatment, ESPECIALLY noise marines. I wouldn't lose hope that they will be updated with these daemonkin releases. Just imagine the new codex format using the current noise marine models in their photos. No way, that wouldn't fly. They don't even show up in the C: CSM from 2012! haha. (Other than the gallery.)
post #263 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-05-15, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
via nightfury on Faeit 212
Hey all.. just as excited for this release as most, not for the regular reasons but because it shows GW is willing to expand and progress an already almost limitless range of models in one of my favorite fictional universes.. so on to the good stuff..
-expect an official AdMech codex sometime in the future, i can't pin down a date as yet but it will def be coming, with duhduhduhn ....HQ units.
-Eldar are def next.. I'm still saying its not a redo of the 2yo codex but more of a sideways re-invisioning of the Iyanden book with the other craft worlds expounded upon. Until we really see the book in hand its a lil up in the air but i expect it to work WITH Codex:Eldar rather than replacing it..
-also i can't wait for the upcoming Campaign if only to get my hands on some lovely new LE HQ's.
-sidenote: Vect & the dais... on the horizon.. quite possibly as i saw an email subject title yesterday "V w/ D primary context and mockup art" so there's something stirring in commoragh, could be next month but alas it could be next year too, with the way GW works they could slide a one week
-Codex:Demurig in somewhere without flinching LOL.
Happy holidays to all..

post #264 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-05-15, 09:09 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
I'd wager that's because other cult choices are in more of a priority need for updating. Berzerkers are at least plastic, plague marines, rubric marines, and noise marines are all in need of the plastic treatment, ESPECIALLY noise marines. I wouldn't lose hope that they will be updated with these daemonkin releases. Just imagine the new codex format using the current noise marine models in their photos. No way, that wouldn't fly. They don't even show up in the C: CSM from 2012! haha. (Other than the gallery.)
I totally agree, im of the mind that any new codex should have at least three new units as a way of justifying its cost to buy for the player and the work of the writer and artists, the three units could be three clam packs or three dual multipart kits, as you say though the other cult troops do need plastic more than khorne did, a truly themed kit for each of the other three gods in plastic would win over many a chaos fan. Its a no brainer, its as plain as the wart on nurgles ass crack.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #265 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-05-15, 04:38 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I totally agree, im of the mind that any new codex should have at least three new units as a way of justifying its cost to buy for the player and the work of the writer and artists, the three units could be three clam packs or three dual multipart kits, as you say though the other cult troops do need plastic more than khorne did, a truly themed kit for each of the other three gods in plastic would win over many a chaos fan. Its a no brainer, its as plain as the wart on nurgles ass crack.
It's hard to tell lately if the plastic treatment rumors pertain to 40k or Fantasy, as the Blightkings and Wrathmongers are basically God specific WoC Chosen, but didn't we hear some hulabaloo about Nurgle themed marines on newer 32mm bases? I recall that for some reason but maybe I am just pulling things out of the air.

Tzeentch has definitely come up more than once lately too, so I'd wager we have a good bet that he will get some plastic stuff in the future.
post #266 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 07:00 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

finally they decided to make the pipeline model.

it was about damn time

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #267 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 02:38 PM
Badknox's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
Tzeentch has definitely come up more than once lately too, so I'd wager we have a good bet that he will get some plastic stuff in the future.
as long as you don't think about sisters, this statement will come true. Look how much they were talked about a little while ago then vanished again... are we sure they ever existed?

As far as plastic troops yeah the khorne ones are a bit dorky but they are plastic... my nurgle marines are mostly lead, which is fine Nurgle is supposed to give you diseases. My thousand sons are just he old single pose bezerkers with the chain sword lopped off and a piece of platicard glued on their helmet with lines etched in... where was I going with this.... oh yeah I think I need some new thousand sons models.
post #268 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 03:01 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
finally they decided to make the pipeline model
I would buy this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #269 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 03:43 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

quite underwhelming if you ask me. i was hoping for something...more...more..more?They might want 30 € for that pipes.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #270 of 281 (permalink) Old 04-08-15, 03:49 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

^ it's all about the cost to pipe ratio. If the cost is high but you get all the pipe you could hope for...see where I'm going with this?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode