2015 40k releases - Page 17 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 08:59 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

i have to admit im skeptical about this rumour, HH is doing very well for forgeworld, there entire focus seems to have shifted that way at the moment, which is cool, im not saying it isnt possible, just seems unlikely, that said this isnt the first time GW have dome something to point more fans towards FW, Appocalypse 1.0 really opened the door for forge world, before that people really didnt "game" with both ranges , from a buseness point of veiw it makes perfect sense, the iconic armour from that period of warhammer history are really well liked, almost all of it is cad desinged these days so they can easily crankout a load of marine models, marine sales have fallen lately as people are enjoying a real diverse set of quality alternative fully plastic non imperial armies for the first time and to be fair GW need something to fill the gap of Hobbit, so makes sense, how far they go remains to be seen, but as we have rumours of mechanium army in the works and kroot warbands i wouldnt count anything out at this point.
not to mention plastic HH models will be a huge FU to many third party sellers of non GW components, after all what would be your choice, a third party conversion or genuine GW plastic fully official minis with 100s of components on the sprue?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 09:02 AM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm still expecting something HH related, but not a Starter HH Box. For all we know, GW might turn around and do a "Black Box" re-release of Space Crusade at this point.

Modelling Projects
post #163 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 09:33 AM

Actually on that note, Larry has some words for us -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Vela on Bols
Horus Heresy Starter Set
2 sides, Identically Equipped
Models are NOT legion marked.
Generic Heresy-era models.

– Early Heresy mark armor Astartes x20
– Cataphractii Terminators x5
– Contemptor Dreadnought x1
– Praetor x1

Modelling Projects

post #164 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 09:43 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
Actually on that note, Larry has some words for us -
well if larry has put his name to it, consider me a happy dude, i really may get a holiday this year, i might even leave the country!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #165 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 11:23 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

What do Curly and Moe have to say?

For the first time since Space Hulk was re-re-released (not the last one, the one before)
I am actually excited about a GW product, and I say this as someone with an entirely Corvus armoured army.....

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #166 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 12:36 PM

The question I have, concerning what Larry posted on BoLS, is if that is the entire box set or the army contents for each side?
post #167 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
i have to admit im skeptical about this rumour, HH is doing very well for forgeworld, there entire focus seems to have shifted that way at the moment, which is cool, im not saying it isnt possible, just seems unlikely, that said this isnt the first time GW have dome something to point more fans towards FW, Appocalypse 1.0 really opened the door for forge world, before that people really didnt "game" with both ranges , from a buseness point of veiw it makes perfect sense, the iconic armour from that period of warhammer history are really well liked, almost all of it is cad desinged these days so they can easily crankout a load of marine models, marine sales have fallen lately as people are enjoying a real diverse set of quality alternative fully plastic non imperial armies for the first time and to be fair GW need something to fill the gap of Hobbit, so makes sense, how far they go remains to be seen, but as we have rumours of mechanium army in the works and kroot warbands i wouldnt count anything out at this point.
not to mention plastic HH models will be a huge FU to many third party sellers of non GW components, after all what would be your choice, a third party conversion or genuine GW plastic fully official minis with 100s of components on the sprue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
I'm still expecting something HH related, but not a Starter HH Box. For all we know, GW might turn around and do a "Black Box" re-release of Space Crusade at this point.
It's supposed to be a board game that will turn into a stand alone model release after six months according to Hastings (same for the Assassins). I don't see it replacing anything other than the basic, core Marine models for the Heresy, with FW covering all the specialized units, the shoulder pad kits and so on.

Time will tell but I'm setting a low expectations on the scope of this.
post #168 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
It's supposed to be a board game that will turn into a stand alone model release after six months according to Hastings (same for the Assassins). I don't see it replacing anything other than the basic, core Marine models for the Heresy, with FW covering all the specialized units, the shoulder pad kits and so on.

Time will tell but I'm setting a low expectations on the scope of this.
Allow me to join you there with some popcorn. As you say it's a Board Game, I'm starting to lean more towards the opinion that this "Horus Heresy Box" is infact a Black Box re-release of Space Crusade.

Y'know, this thing -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uozIWK51x58

Modelling Projects
post #169 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

People made that mistake before and got Dreadfleet. Aim lower young grasshopper.
post #170 of 281 (permalink) Old 03-09-15, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
People made that mistake before and got Dreadfleet. Aim lower young grasshopper.
My expectations are a lot lower. Honestly if that does happen or not, my reaction would be Dull Surprise.

Case and point:

Modelling Projects

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode