Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition Rumour - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition Rumour

This just cropped up on the Bolthole;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris
Seems summer will be an...interesting time....
Rumors will be rumors obviously

Make of that what you will. I am unsure of how I feel about the lore side of it, though I will give it a chance. As for the models, BS. Total BS. So from now on we can expect revolving door model releases, I like the idea of rules-in-the-box, but not that model kits will be on limited release spans. I really hope GW change their mind about that.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 01-06-15 at 05:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 05:05 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
This just cropped up on the Bolthole;
lol @ fantasy space marines,
dragons are also due to get power armour, create their own faction and start a band

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #3 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 05:08 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

That might just mean limited time in stores before becoming direct only.

I'm excited. To see a setting dramatically moved forward is something we haven't seen before and it opens a whole load of possibilities. I was worried The End Times would become just another campaign like Storm of Chaos.

It's hard deciding what to do army-wise though. I was originally going High Elves, then (post events of Khaine) Elves, now I think I should wait to see what the new edition brings.

The new faction sound like Grey Knight's. Maybe have something to do with the giant silver armoured warrior Araloth meets?

post #4 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 05:38 PM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Now that is interesting. That whole bit about the world being pockets of realty is a good touch.

Not so keen on the idea of them to six factions, who wants to bet the Brets are going to be a casualty.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #5 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 05:39 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #6 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 05:51 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Not buying it for a moment. I'd put money down on how confident I am that this won't be happening.
post #7 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 05:54 PM
Rattlehead

Fantasy's less popular than 40k, sure, but not so unpopular that GW is willing to kill off it's entire fanbase by abolishing the fluff and factions and making a whole new setting.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #8 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 05:54 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

well that sounds fucking shit.

As to the design brief or meeting to discuss what should happen come 9th edition, I can just imagine it.

"Hey, hey guys... What about this for an idea? We take that world that we've spend developing for the last 30 years... And then rip the heart out of it! Caboom! Kablooey! It's gone. It's a wazzy it's a woozy, it's fairy dust! It doesn't exist. Hmmhmm. humhmm... hmmhmmhmmhmmm *beats chest* humhmmm. *beat beat*..."

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #9 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 06:00 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

I call highjinx and tomfoolery.

Still sounds like a fart in the bath though. Ooh, Nurgle......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #10 of 301 (permalink) Old 01-06-15, 06:09 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just done a bit of research - your "Fenris" character is being a bit of dick in not providing his source, but it's come via Warseer nearly a week ago (helps if you too provide the link?)

The rumours are split into 4 different birdies - according to Darnok, although the one he believes to be the most reputable is only stating it will come in the summer.

However, most people are taking the rumour seriously. Me? I'm just happy I sold all my fantasy years ago.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode