Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition Rumour - Page 26 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-17-15, 10:42 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
Agreed. A lot of the stuff there has either been debunked or parroted off earlier, more questionable rumors.

No comment from the usual guys about this?
Nothing eyt, but here's something interesting: Harry over on Warseer seems to be the man with the plan. Over in the "does this change anyone's mind..." thread on the WFB rumour board, someone commented:

"I can't wait for all of this to be over, just so every third post isn't someone posting "here are my six armies prediction" lists...."

Harry responds:

"Don't suppose it helps that no one has got it right yet. :D "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 03:56 AM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
Nothing eyt, but here's something interesting: Harry over on Warseer seems to be the man with the plan. Over in the "does this change anyone's mind..." thread on the WFB rumour board, someone commented:

"I can't wait for all of this to be over, just so every third post isn't someone posting "here are my six armies prediction" lists...."

Harry responds:

"Don't suppose it helps that no one has got it right yet. :D "
Because that list sounded bunk the moment it was posted

Modelling Projects
post #253 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 06:20 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/...end-times.html

A list of stuff that will survive on to 9th ed.

Looks like BS too me, too much nonsense in the list.
Can't spell BolS without BS.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #254 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 08:02 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

So my tomb kings really are dead? glad I took back that stuff while I still could.
post #255 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 08:22 PM

March of Time's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
So my tomb kings really are dead? glad I took back that stuff while I still could.
Tomb kings are not dead, there undead.
post #256 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
As Vaz above said, "Can't spell BOLS without BS".

On a more positive note, quite the signifigant leak on Faeit. It sounds a lot like some of the stuff that got passed onto us last week, however I will copypasta and let you decide. It is however rather lengthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikitlagriffe on Warseer
I summarized here everything I lately collected, and you seem to ignore or misinterpret. I am not paid by anyone to deceive you. I’m the most confident about aesthetic and visual questions, and about skaven stuff. Friendly.

Anyone who wants to know what there is in V9 has to imagine that this is the V8 ; it will be 90% right.

Rule changes have been made to stabilize and streamline some points, particularly at the formation units and their interaction with the characters, from what I was told.

About the armies that follow (“factions” J ) : they won’t be "bundling" of existing armies, but almost all new prospects. These are all new units with an aesthetic different from what we knew and new historic lines, new characters, we could almost consider some of them as new “races”. Nevertheless, each new release will be integrated into one or more pre-existent conventional armies. Some new units, for example, will just belong to “Forces of Order” or “Forces of Destruction”. No stress. You can keep your old collection (all your collection), and enjoy with it.

V9 will not be just one book, but a box with other things such as a volume focused on two types of battles : clashes "lord of battles "in standard format creating links between games, and smaller battles with “pre-organised” armies (that's what you took for a skirmish game I think).

About this “skirmish” game: I’m not completely sure about that : this has taken many different forms over the settings but it seems to be one of the most tested aspects in recent years by GW teams. It is not intended to be the main way to play Battle. Currently, forces will be selected from a list of predefined choices, more restrained that the currents army books, without worrying percentage points, points themselves will not so important anymore: it will be destabilizing for the old players, but the number of miniatures contained in a unit or its point value could be no longer as important as before in this system. Players would have the choice to comply or not the points. A book will summarize the possible choices for all existing armies. It was thought just for fun, and almost all special rules of existing models could be ignored because of it.

About round bases : there would be a misunderstanding at this level too. Some Warhammer miniatures will indeed now sold on round bases, but it’s the consequence of some simplified rules and not a transition to a new system, or 40k-like, or I don’t know what. No link with the new “skirmish game”. The elements attached to units will be on round base (as skaven regimental weapons or dark elves cauldron of blood for example, but also characters according to pictures I’ve seen), are no longer joined the unit but move next to, and may have a round or oval base. But if your old version is not on a round base, you can still play with, no problem.

About “waiting” armies : for the bretonnians, there is a book that will follow this year, but perhaps we can’t call this “army book” because it will be very different from what you had until then. It will be closer from the End Times books recently issued. There will be in it new units, which could join the Forces of Order, and very close from a Bretonnian army, but not only. For the Skavens, the amount of new stuff approaching is just unprecedented (although I have no visibility on dates). It won’t be really “skavens” as we knew them, but a sort of evolution type very nice and inspired. No merger with Chaos for them (anyway, no merger for anyone!). About Beastmen, they don’t have directly the same processing, to the best of my knowledge, but no doubt they will benefit from a wealth of new opportunities for chaos. I had no evidence that it’s matter of squatting them, nor nobody else.

The quantity of new stuff for Battle will be just incredible, if all that is planed comes out. New releases will be essentially new entries, unique monsters, characters, and elite units of 2 to 5 figures. This will change progressively the overall appearance of the armies, with fewer miniatures (but larger). There will always be a place for large infantry units; however I don’t have a precise view of the new rules, that's why I can’t say if it will always be interesting to play big infantry units, or not.

Modelling Projects
post #257 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Because that list sounded bunk the moment it was posted

Harry is separate from BOLS, and was referring to lists posted in the thread on warseer, not the link from BOLS
post #258 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-18-15, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Harry is separate from BOLS, and was referring to lists posted in the thread on warseer, not the link from BOLS
I know, but still...again though, as Vaz eloquently put it...

Modelling Projects
post #259 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-19-15, 02:16 AM

Quote:
I know, but still...again though, as Vaz eloquently put it...

Not that Warseer isn't a clusterfuck too haha.

I believe the rumours that gravitate toward lizzies NOT getting squatted. Ones that claim they do just seem like click bait to me. Analysis days the ET and 9th ed have been planned for years, lizzies came out last year. If they were going to get squatted, we would have seen much less of a release. They wouldn't update update kits just to take them off the shelves a year or two later.
post #260 of 301 (permalink) Old 02-19-15, 03:52 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Not that Warseer isn't a clusterfuck too haha.
A miniature diamond mine surrounded by a minefield of dog shit and dynamite would be my thoughts

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode