New Faction Rumors? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-15, 05:56 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
I'd rather see Sisters updated to a full Plastic line before I see a new faction, especially if said new faction is an Imperial one.

Could have sworn that Necrons were next...
I was talking about next as in that we don't know about

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-15, 06:56 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

I do remember a conversation from a few years back that the studio team wanted to do AdMech and had sort of planned it, but it wouldn't happen before every army was updated as they were unhappy about how far behind everything had fallen (this was a few weeks before 5th edition nids were released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I was talking about next as in that we don't know about
just before the now yearly space marine update. (joke)

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Last edited by Bindi Baji; 01-10-15 at 10:54 AM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-15, 09:48 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

As much as I'd buy Harlies, if they released them or another faction/mini dex while my Sisters are still in metal quite frankly I'm going to be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-15, 11:38 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

While I understand the frustration of Sisters players, I think you are going to remain disappointed. They were never that popular as a faction in the first place, so I don't really see them doing anything in the future beyond maybe a digital codex. If they thought they'd sell in the same volume as Tau, Orks or DE they'd have been made over a long time ago.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-15, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
While I understand the frustration of Sisters players, I think you are going to remain disappointed. They were never that popular as a faction in the first place, so I don't really see them doing anything in the future beyond maybe a digital codex. If they thought they'd sell in the same volume as Tau, Orks or DE they'd have been made over a long time ago.
it's been stated countless times by the studio team that they will be redone, it's just a matter of when...........

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-15, 04:40 PM
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
it's been stated countless times by the studio team that they will be redone, it's just a matter of when...........
You can state that grass is pink until the cows come home. Saying it doesn't make it happen. In the meantime other armies have had mutiple codexes and complete reboots of their mini ranges. I hope I'm wrong, but I firmly believe if there was any kind of future for Sisters in the game, they would have gotten a bit more than the half assed, half hearted attempts there have been to give them a viable, up to date codex. Never mind the fact it's more than a decade since there was a new miniature released for them.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-15, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Saying it doesn't make it happen.
which was the argument used against dark eldar for several years, but carry on being negative by all means

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-15, 01:10 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

From BoLS:

Quote:
via gary's anonymous source 1-1-2014
the plasma pistol described in your previous article is not an odd looking plasma pistol. its an arc pistol. arc weapons will be available for the skitarii in both pistol and rifle. the arc rifle is rapid fire with haywire. rifle and pistol both are s6 ap5.

By comparison, the current Horus Heresy Mechanicus are running around with guns like these on their squads:

Mitralocks: 8" S4 AP6 Assault 1, Shred
Las-locks: 18" S4 AP6 Assault 1
Lightning guns: 18" S7 AP6 Heavy 1, Shred, Rending
Quote:
images via Captaincitadel and Forge the Narrative

Last time around we reported that some images were doing the rounds said to be from an upcoming Adeptus Mechanicus codex. And here they are. You make the call:

Make sure you look at the details on these and compare them to the description here:

via Gary's anonymous source 12-29-2014

I have a little information for you on a new 40k Faction. Ive seen artwork of two soldiers in heavy but clunky grey body armour and helm, with one wielding an odd looking plasma pistol of sorts. The most striking thing about the image, with smoke and laser fire in the background, is the draping of the red cloth beneath the shoulder plating, and a symbol of the Adeptus Mechanicus on the main figures chest. All I will add right now is the book is 85pgs with datasheets and formations.

The new faction is in fact Ad Mech, Skitarii. As far as I know this is still a ways out, but who knows. There is only troops and elites, with vehicles. Mostly foot soldiers, guys with spider legs, and a couple tank/spider hybrids.

There is also a Dragoon which looks to be a dual kit with a rider on top of a bipedal machine. It has legs similar to the IG sentinels, but has a grafted human in the center of the machine. I am not as fluent in the background with the skitarii as I would like to comment much more.

Ooh, it's gonna be an awesome year if these come out on top of the existing Forgeworld Mechanicus range.

Last edited by Zion; 01-03-15 at 01:12 AM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-15, 04:47 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

My avatar should tell you that I'll buy the codex if it is Ad Mech.

Yay. Guess if this is true I'll have to put my FW Dread Mob list on hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-15, 08:18 AM
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
which was the argument used against dark eldar for several years, but carry on being negative by all means
I'm not being negative. I'm being realistic. Sisters have become the red headed step child of 40k, made sit in the corner quietly until they have no choice but to wheel them out and and give them a weak update. "But the guys at the studio said..." means nothing. The guys in the studio don't call the shots any more. Some bloke doing a cost analysis does, and if he looks back at how they were one of the least popular factions, he will more than likely go with an entirely new faction that players have been calling for for decades instead.

So the cries of "What about Sisters?" every time a new codex comes still surprises me. They've pretty much been squatted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode