New Skaven - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-26-14, 10:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Orochi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,861
Reputation: 9
Default

With @Vaz on this one.

Looks stupid.
Orochi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-27-14, 08:39 AM
Senior Member
 
LordMolnar's Avatar
LordMolnar's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 109
Reputation: 1
Default

Would probably not look too bad with less then eleventeen horns the size of it's torso. I really like the FW Exalted Vermin Lord, and this one seems a touch disappointing.

The 2 f's/ in giraffe/ are like 2 giraffes/ running through/ the word giraffe/ The 2 f's/ run through giraffe/ like 2 giraffes. (Ron Padgett)
LordMolnar is offline  
post #23 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-28-14, 11:56 AM
Rattlehead
 
MidnightSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Sheoth
Posts: 6,741
Reputation: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
If cannons are still bringing down monsters so quickly, you're not playing with enough terrain. If people play how GW design the game to be played at, there's less breakage with the rules.
We struggled with the terrain balance - too little and yes, Dwarfs win every game. But we applied terrain and maneouvring units became very difficult with trying to balance movement trays on things (simple hills are bad enough, let alone anything more complicated) and my Daemon Prince pretty much only dies from Miscasts or War Machines anyway, so adding too much terrain made him even more crazy powerful.

I'll try and get some more Fantasy terrain though, as we definitely don't play with enough.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
MidnightSun is offline  
 
post #24 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-28-14, 01:02 PM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

Sorry if that looked like I was chewing you out. It is a bit of a bugbear of mine to see people whinge about the state of the game, but they arbitrarily rule out things like multiple detachments, only 1 ally etc, no escalation, no forge world, no fortifications etc.

The game is designed to make use of all of them. At least on paper. Not everything can be rigorously tested, but if you want to look about the state of the game, compare 6th ed nids to 7th. Same dex, but core rules changes have made them tourney winners with multiple CADs for 4 flying tyrants with haywire and crones with haywire, or Deathleaper Broods with Mawlocs and Spore Mines.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
post #25 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-28-14, 06:21 PM
Rattlehead
 
MidnightSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Sheoth
Posts: 6,741
Reputation: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Sorry if that looked like I was chewing you out. It is a bit of a bugbear of mine to see people whinge about the state of the game, but they arbitrarily rule out things like multiple detachments, only 1 ally etc, no escalation, no forge world, no fortifications etc.

The game is designed to make use of all of them. At least on paper. Not everything can be rigorously tested, but if you want to look about the state of the game, compare 6th ed nids to 7th. Same dex, but core rules changes have made them tourney winners with multiple CADs for 4 flying tyrants with haywire and crones with haywire, or Deathleaper Broods with Mawlocs and Spore Mines.
I understand completely; I've never seen the point of trying to ban multiple detachments or no Super-Heavies or restrictions in general. Mysterious Objectives/Terrain, fair enough, but the only truly terrible games I've played were against shitty people, not because I was using a Damocles Command Rhino or a second detachment or whatever.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
MidnightSun is offline  
post #26 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-29-14, 07:17 PM
Senior Member
 
SilverTabby's Avatar
SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nottingham, England
Posts: 1,705
Reputation: 28
Default

Oooooooooh.....

I don't care that my army hasn't seen a game since 6th. I had an original 90s Verminlord, and was very sad when it left the army book. My first ever army was Skaven, and I *will* have one of these.

Also: personal bugbear. The kit says 5 variants. We have seen shitty pictures of maybe 2, and rules for 1, and already people are decrying it as horrible and useless. I am reserving final judgement for when I have my ratty little claws on an actual model...

And for those not in the know - a Verminlord is not a Skaven per se, it is a Greater Daemon of the Horned Rat. Physical manifestation of their deity's will. Not a deity itself, any more than a bloodthirster is.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
SilverTabby is offline  
post #27 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-29-14, 07:36 PM
Dazed and confused.
 
Khorne's Fist's Avatar
Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 8,495
Reputation: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Also: personal bugbear. The kit says 5 variants. We have seen shitty pictures of maybe 2, and rules for 1, and already people are decrying it as horrible and useless. I am reserving final judgement for when I have my ratty little claws on an actual model...
But, but... this is the internet. Aren't you supposed to go off half cocked and form opinions with only a fraction of the knowledge normally required to start a cogent argument?
Khorne's Fist is offline  
post #28 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-29-14, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Einherjar667's Avatar
Einherjar667's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 1,459
Reputation: 10
Default



Here ya go.
Einherjar667 is offline  
post #29 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-29-14, 09:50 PM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Oooooooooh.....

I don't care that my army hasn't seen a game since 6th. I had an original 90s Verminlord, and was very sad when it left the army book. My first ever army was Skaven, and I *will* have one of these.

Also: personal bugbear. The kit says 5 variants. We have seen shitty pictures of maybe 2, and rules for 1, and already people are decrying it as horrible and useless. I am reserving final judgement for when I have my ratty little claws on an actual model...

And for those not in the know - a Verminlord is not a Skaven per se, it is a Greater Daemon of the Horned Rat. Physical manifestation of their deity's will. Not a deity itself, any more than a bloodthirster is.
Decried that model we have seen as shit and the rules as utter garbage.

Meanwhile this new one looks amazing.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
post #30 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-29-14, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Einherjar667's Avatar
Einherjar667's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 1,459
Reputation: 10
Default

Look at the one in the back left. BADASS
Einherjar667 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome