More 40k base changes - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default More 40k base changes

Well it seems that it isnt just the recent releases of death company marines getting new bases, just opened my deathstorm boxes and the Carnifex now has a oval base which is smaller than the flyer oval, but larger than the new brood lord oval, the tyranid warriors are now on 50mm "centurion" bases and the death company have the well documented 32mm bases, plus the recent new release Tyrannocyte has a 100mm circle base too.

So in a matter of weeks 4 new sizes and shapes of base have been added to the range
32mm circle
100mm circle
105x75mm oval
75x43mm oval

Okay this isnt ground breaking news,but quite interesting as it does give people far more variety to choose from and could be an indicator of models to come, the 25mm base really has been too small for certain troop types for a very long time, the oval base is quite useful as it allows two very different planes ,if a model is moving forward you can use the narrow sides left and right, or if a model is stood legs planted you can used the narrow sides front and back.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 04:39 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Have they mentioned anything about the new bases in white dwarf as yet?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not that im aware of but then again they generally dont, the base gets very little press, its just the thing that they stand on but i figured i would pass on what i found today, if any more change i will post them up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 07:02 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

32 mm would be good for putting assault marines and Vanguard veterans on. Should look into getting myself some of those for my Vanguard vets.

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 12:22 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oval bases also fit in carry cases better than big round ones...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 12:53 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
...,if a model is moving forward you can use the narrow sides left and right, or if a model is stood legs planted you can used the narrow sides front and back.
Modelling for advantage! That has to be the cheesiest thing I have commented on in this thread!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 01:05 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

My buddy -always- forgot that his Helbrute was modeled on an angle on his base which brought me many surprise (to him, anyway) side armour hits.

I like round bases for large models despite the case woes involved, it means they fit between tight spots evenly and with whatever facing you need to not leave yourself exposed.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 01:52 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
Modelling for advantage! That has to be the cheesiest thing I have commented on in this thread!
Oval bases are ace. Put them side on, then pivot - voila +1" movement in the first turn.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 05:12 PM

NathanJD's Flag is: USA

Default More 40k base changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Oval bases are ace. Put them side on, then pivot - voila +1" movement in the first turn.

This is no longer legal. The wording for movement has changed in 7th. At the end of a model's move, its entire model/base must be within its movement distance. This includes any rotation, even the free pivot that vehicles get!

My DE friend was very sad for his raiders. I'm super happy to not get charged from 28" away on first turn.

As a side note, fuck those who did this. It was never not cheating, GW just finally introduced clearer wording.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode