Khaine - 1 Book per Store - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Khaine - 1 Book per Store

I don't know what the hell GW were or are thinking but sending one hardback book per store is an absolute joke. I even reserved mine and due to some unknown thinking the guy put the only one the store got on the shelf and it was swiftly picked up. By the time I'd gotten the email to say they were available they even sold out online, which is when I phoned up and reserved my store copy but as I said that fell through to. So now I'm stuck with the first two hardback editions but can't continue the collection cause I'm sure as hell not getting the softback.

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 11-29-14 at 04:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 05:35 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's absolutely poor distribution on GW's part, and it's actually worse than you think. I went in to my local GW today and the manager told me and the two other guys there that independent stores were getting all the copies, he said that one store in Sussex claims to have 50 copies of Khaine... FIFTY!!

WTF!

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 06:50 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

It is obviously because they underestimated demand. This has been observed a million times already. The supply they ordered goes to stores and to their website for sale, not news, this just sounds like pointless complaining.

Giant fucking eye roll.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

If they underestimated the demand for a book that brought together two of the most popular fantasy armies, and sent LESS books than they did than the previous two books (both of which I got through my local store) then who ever underestimated the demand deserves to be fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
It's absolutely poor distribution on GW's part, and it's actually worse than you think. I went in to my local GW today and the manager told me and the two other guys there that independent stores were getting all the copies, he said that one store in Sussex claims to have 50 copies of Khaine... FIFTY!!

WTF!

LotN
What store is it, do you know?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 07:03 PM

They obviously placed the order for all End Times books all at the same time. It takes months to print these things. They aren't consecutively making the same mistake for each book over and over. And the turn around time at printers is measured in months as well, so they can't reprint them on demand.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 07:28 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
What store is it, do you know?
No sorry, I didn't hear the name properly.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-14, 06:06 PM

unixknight's Flag is: USA

It seems to me that it would be worthwhile to do another print run, and let the community know that was the plan.

But they won't.

To be honest, this was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Whatever the reason is for the low supply, I've decided to stop chasing these books and, if I really want the content, I'll get the paperbacks later. I've sold my Glottkin and Nagash hardcover editions for the same price I paid for them, and got out.

I don't like feeling like a rat working for cheese, which is exactly the way it feels when I'm chasing these limited print books. It was like this with the Blood in the Badlands and Sigmar's Blood campaign books.

Similarly, I'm getting out of the Horus Heresy books. The Forgeworld ones, I mean. I was looking to do a pre-Heresy Thousand Sons army and there is -zero- content for them in any of the first three unless I wanted to use the generic Legion lists in Book I. When I heard that book 4 wasn't even going to include new Legions, I decided it just wasn't worth it to buy these expensive books just to have a complete collection if all they're going to do is sit on the shelf gathering dust. Maybe if one of the future books features Thousand Sons I'll grab it but for now, I'm redirecting those funds into things I'm actually going to use.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-14, 06:10 PM

I don't see anywhere that the End Times books are limited. You can't just "print more" without the printing company moving you to the back of the queue.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-14, 06:32 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

[quote=unixknight;1967682]
Quote:
Similarly, I'm getting out of the Horus Heresy books. The Forgeworld ones, I mean. I was looking to do a pre-Heresy Thousand Sons army and there is -zero- content for them in any of the first three unless I wanted to use the generic Legion lists in Book I. When I heard that book 4 wasn't even going to include new Legions, I decided it just wasn't worth it to buy these expensive books just to have a complete collection if all they're going to do is sit on the shelf gathering dust. Maybe if one of the future books features Thousand Sons I'll grab it but for now, I'm redirecting those funds into things I'm actually going to use.
Eh, Book IV has access to a pretty cool anti-MEQ amulet gun Relic for Thousand Sons, and you benefit from the Furious Charge/Stubborn in the LACAL+LAICL (which replace Book I-3, despite the rules errors and wrong rules copied over). Still, I can understand the upset at a £70 book for a single upgrade is annoying.

Book IV has an awesome set of campaign rules, Solar Auxilia and Knight lists as well, and the fluff is as well written as ever. But I'd recommend waiting until the mid-Heresy equivalent of the LACAL and the LAICL (which will probably contain decent rules for the SoH, EC, DG and WE as well, hopefully) if you're not interested in the the frankly awesome additional sidelines to the main Heresy legions. I'm unlikely to play a Knight list or a Solar Auxilia, but they're there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-14, 06:33 PM

My FLGS has had about 4 of each, but they were gone pretty sharpish (except the nagash cus the manager was off for a while so no one knew about them) but yeah GW seem to be severely underestimating demand. You would think they would expect to sell the same amount as a codex pre-order so why not print as many as plus a bit more so there is enough for those that don't have chance to buy straight away. GW could have made such a killing on these books. Its also really annoying that they don't actually say a lot of things are limited edition like stormclaw nagash etc.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode