Blood Angels Tactical Squad + Codex seems to be next. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 11:14 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

If it is true it is annoying and I will be cutting circles out of cereal boxes to glue to the bottom of old bases

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

The BRB states that a legal base is any base the model was provided with, so there is no need to change bases.

And base sizes is not what this thread is about, start a new one for that discussion.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 02:04 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Considering there's a Blood Angel Rumour thread from May that you have even commented in, I wouldn't worry about who says what where Einherjar.

Those bases don't look any larger to me, it's possible the new leg sculpts have the feet ever so closer together.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 11-30-14 at 02:18 PM.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Default Blood Angels Tactical Squad + Codex seems to be next.

I already addressed whether or not this topic needed it's own thread in my initial post.

I am apprehensive about the thread descending into complaining about GW and would rather it stay on the topic stated in the threads title. GW complaining gets incredibly tiresome when it permeates nearly every single thread.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 02:31 PM

GW complaining is about as annoying as non-mod policing. Here's some back-on-topic to soothe your soul:

I'm pretty stoked that there will be BA specific box kits (really stoked to see the alleged Terminators), though it will make the tactical marines I already have for my army look quite bland if I do incorporate the new ones. I guess I could have kit-bashed DC models the whole way through but really didn't want to spend that kind of money on a unit that the current codex really doesn't favour. As it is I'm now quite interested in seeing if anything will change for the Tactical squads with the new release beyond a points drop, otherwise there's a gorgeous kit that I have no reason to buy unless I make them into Sternguard...though then I would need to find me some combi-weapons outside of the vanilla SG box.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Fair enough, point taken.

Perhaps some of the bits new to the tac box will be external? Like, the tabards can be added on to the torsos instead of joined with the leg part of the model, ala the old tac box. Probably not though, since it looks like it will be similar to the sternguard kit.

It does look like a good preview for the supposed termie box, and also, I think there was word of a plastic termie HQ for BAs too, but not sure it thats separate from the Shield of Baal box set.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 03:22 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcap View Post
Wait.. those bases are bigger than regular aren't they??

Edit: with pictures

Is that an infernus pistol in the sarge's hand? That seems cool, I know they're not that good, but having 1 infernus + meltagun in a 5-man squad sounds pretty sweet -- if such a thing is possible.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

What is an infernus pistol?!

Melta pistol?
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 07:23 PM

The Infernus Pistol is indeed a Melta pistol, but with a 6" total range (that means 3" Melta range). Currently Tactical sergeants do not have that option, only Assault sergeants and higher ranking Characters. It definitely looks cooler than it is, but those rules could change! I would love to see a plastic Terminator Captain/Sanguinary Priest kit. It would be easy enough to do I think.

I think I have just about convinced myself to buy the Tactical box and make Sternguard out of them. I think I'll be able to get some combi-weapons through the interwebz easy enough, plus I have a couple already.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Well, if you weren't convinced, maybe this will. These guys look pretty sweet, and I don't even play BA.

hopefully GW understand how anticipated this Codex has been, haha.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode