Armageddon Turn-Based Strategy Videogame - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Default Armageddon Turn-Based Strategy Videogame

New game coming out this month (11/26), check it out: http://www.slitherine.com/games/warhammer_PC

Quote:
ARMAGEDDON MUST NOT BE LOST

"Armageddon, a world whose name has become a byword for war and destruction on a massive scale…" -Lord Commander Solar Eugenian

There is no peace amongst the stars... It is the 41st millennium and there is only war!

We live in the Imperium of Mankind, the greatest empire the galaxy has ever known. Millions of planets united in their adoration for the Emperor.

But we are not alone…

A massive space hulk is drifting towards Armageddon, and the planet is threatened by the war hungry brutal Orks. Welcome to the battlefield!

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is a fantasy war game set in the Second War of Armageddon. You take the role of defending the planet as the Imperium of Man against the Ork invaders. Throughout the campaign you will also be joined by three chapters of Space Marines: the Salamanders, Blood Angels and the Ultramarines.

In this hex-based, turn-based strategy game, players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines from a variety of Chapters against the Ork invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.

The game features a complex plot, involving known characters from the Warhammer 40,000 universe and while advancing through the campaign, the player will have the ability to carryover his core force from scenario to scenario.

Players fight alongside Commissar Yarrick and Commander Dante against the cunning Ork Warboss Ghazghkull Thraka and carry over battle-hardened veterans from scenario to scenario, using their experience and upgrading their equipment.

On top all this extensive modding options are available through a powerful and easy-to-use game editor.

FEATURES

Large branching campaign with 30 major scenarios, plus additional 5 tutorial scenarios that explore the story in detail.

Hundreds of hours of gameplay fun with huge replay value and several difficulty settings.

The game portrays the Second War for Armageddon in great detail, from the initial Ork landings to the final liberation of the planet.

Fight alongside Commissar Yarrick and Commander Dante against the cunning Ork Warboss Ghazghkull Thraka.

A complex plot, which can develop during a mission, right in the middle of battle, creating an engaging story line with unexpected twists.

Meet several iconic characters like Inquisitor Horst, Governor Von Strab and many more, who will guide you through an epic scenario based adventure all with their unique voice-overs.

Players lead Imperial troops of the Armageddon Steel Legion, with supporting assets from a number of Space Marine chapters against the ferocious Orks.

Carry over battle-hardened veterans from scenario to scenario, using their experience and upgrading their equipment and weaponry.

Detailed combat model with custom terrain, cover and morale effects.

Guide your troops on Armageddon`s hostile ash wastes, through treacherous volcanic canyons, over acid polluted rivers, through dense jungles and through massive Hive cities.

300+ unit types representing Armageddon Steel Legion, the Orks, Blood Angels, Ultramarines and Salamanders Space Marine chapters and even Titans!

Multiple weapon systems per unit, each with their unique stats and graphical effects.

20 different unit stats plus many unique special traits and abilities.

Toggle options to set the game to your own liking like to enable/disable: Fog Of War & Undo Moves.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 11-20-14 at 04:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

I think the scale is the worst part of these screenshots. Titans should not be only marginally larger than an ork. Hopefully you can edit the scale of units in the editor. Is that something that will make/break the game? No, I suppose not.

Last edited by venomlust; 11-20-14 at 04:12 PM.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 04:16 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Depending on the price armageddon'it

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 05:32 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Is that something that will make/break the game? No, I suppose not.
The game looking like something that came out 10 years ago though? Definitely.

Seriously, why can't we get a decent looking 40k game? The last one that was worth anything was Space Marine, which knocked the brutality, the setting and the overall feeling out of the park.

This? I have games on my mobile phone that has better graphics than this. Sigh.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
The game looking like something that came out 10 years ago though? Definitely.

Seriously, why can't we get a decent looking 40k game? The last one that was worth anything was Space Marine, which knocked the brutality, the setting and the overall feeling out of the park.

This? I have games on my mobile phone that has better graphics than this. Sigh.
Yeah, I totally agree. When Space Marine came out, I felt like FINALLY, here is a game that does the IP justice. Has not happened since. I played the Space Hulk game, and it's Space Hulk. Decent, but not really what I want.

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 08:55 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

given the look of it, i'm not expecting it to be that much, we'll see.........

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 10:07 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Har! I gets it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 11:17 PM

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

Warhammer 40k: Regicide might be what some of you guys are looking for, if you like playing chess .

http://www.warhammer40kregicide.com/

http://www.warhammer40kregicide.com/...animation-loop

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-14, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myen'Tal View Post
Warhammer 40k: Regicide might be what some of you guys are looking for, if you like playing chess .

http://www.warhammer40kregicide.com/

http://www.warhammer40kregicide.com/...animation-loop
Yes, it looks pretty cool, but I'm not seeing many details about the game at this point. I'm also a horrible chess player, unfortunately. I suppose it would be a unique way of honing those skills, though. Browsing the gallery, every single character appears to be very serious about killing, which is pretty fitting for the universe. None of them look goofy or overdone.

Last edited by venomlust; 11-21-14 at 01:39 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode