New Stuff Available at Warhammer Fest - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default New Stuff Available at Warhammer Fest

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 10:45 AM

Snokvor's Flag is: Canada

Qustoris looks like it's made with Necron/Tau technology.

post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 11:02 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Urgh, release the damn Leman Russ Volkite Carronades already. Meanwhile, I really do like the look of those artillery pieces. Not too sure on the Dracosan, however.

And 3.40 a model for Auxilia? As opposed to 1.80 Ouch... And going by FW ppm for 30K, a larger squad will be cheaper than an equivalent size 40k platoon. I do like the multi-laser pintles.

The Vorax I really do like.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 11:37 AM

70 for 20 guard Ouch, thats a shame because i really like the models. The tanks are a bit strange looking though

In my opinion FW should really rethink their prices if they are offering whole armies rather than one off center piece models. They are not made of gold and other companies making resin are nowhere near that price.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 11:40 AM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

The vorax look amazing, but I'm already trying to picture a bit I could use to replace the heads... maybe cyberwolves or something like that that's less insectile.

I wanna see the stats for this new Questoris, so I can decide which one I get as the centerpiece for a Mechanicum army.

post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

I've never understood how they can price Guardsmen at that much when they know for a fact you need a lot more of them than you would space marines for example.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 12:43 PM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

The forgeworld site is being... frustrating. Where can I buy that IA vol 13 etc, plus maybe a T-shirt or 2?.... Ok, 10 T-shirts. Don't judge me.

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittsy View Post
The forgeworld site is being... frustrating. Where can I buy that IA vol 13 etc, plus maybe a T-shirt or 2?.... Ok, 10 T-shirts. Don't judge me.
I think the t-shirts are only available at events, I'd love them to but not going to warhammer fest out of protest :/ The IA Vol 13 will be made available to order at some stage as it's not event only.
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 12:51 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

As a quick comparison;

Legiones Astartes Tactical Squad = 12.5ppm, 5 Man Tactical Squad, x4 = 132 = 6.60/model = 0.53 per point
2x Astra Militarum Infantry Squad = 5ppm, 1 20 man Solar Auxilia Squad = 68 = 3.40/model = 0.68 per point

In this most basic form, there is a ~35% mark up on Solar Auxilia units - and Space Marines have the "advantage" of spending more points on smaller squad sizes (2x 10 Man squads is 15ppm, making it even cheaper), and with access to things like Primarchs (Horus is 62, and 500pts - or ~0.12 per point).

Solar Auxilia just aren't cost effective, when you consider that their tanks are also that much cheaper - basilisks are what? 115-125pts for a BS3 version? There's 0.48 per point, compared to something like a Spartan - which for 101 can hit 390pts - or 0.26 per point.

I've never really looked into it that deeply, but holy shit - a 35%+ mark up for comparative prices? And I thought 30K was expensive enough.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-08-14, 01:00 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
As a quick comparison;

Legiones Astartes Tactical Squad = 12.5ppm, 5 Man Tactical Squad, x4 = 132 = 6.60/model = 0.53 per point
2x Astra Militarum Infantry Squad = 5ppm, 1 20 man Solar Auxilia Squad = 68 = 3.40/model = 0.68 per point

In this most basic form, there is a ~35% mark up on Solar Auxilia units - and Space Marines have the "advantage" of spending more points on smaller squad sizes (2x 10 Man squads is 15ppm, making it even cheaper), and with access to things like Primarchs (Horus is 62, and 500pts - or ~0.12 per point).

Solar Auxilia just aren't cost effective, when you consider that their tanks are also that much cheaper - basilisks are what? 115-125pts for a BS3 version? There's 0.48 per point, compared to something like a Spartan - which for 101 can hit 390pts - or 0.26 per point.

I've never really looked into it that deeply, but holy shit - a 35%+ mark up for comparative prices? And I thought 30K was expensive enough.
And that is why I tend to play armies that are either heavily vehicles, or giant robots like Tau. I've never liked armies with lots of models, mostly from the wallet perspective. High Elves were bad enough with all those archers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode