New Stuff Available at Warhammer Fest - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 05:31 PM

Lol and now the forums are white my text has vanished

Edit: fixed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 05:57 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
So here goes, book in hand and here is what it has...

Tanks
Predator Infernal Relic,
Relic Sicaran Battle Tank
Land Raider Proteus
Infernal Relic Achielles
Fellblade
Typhon Siege Tank
Spartan Assault Tank

Flyers
Storm Eagle
Fire Raptor
Thunderhawk
Hell Blade
Hell Talon

Drop Pods
Dreadclaw Drop Pod
Kharybdis Assault Claw (expensive drop pod that after landing goes around melting things)

Dreadnaughts
Ferrum Infernus (Old dreadnaught of a long dead warrior and has some nice rules about getting back up again and stuff)
Emperors Children Sonic Dreadnaught
Contemptor Dreadnaught

Engines
Greater Brass Scorpion (Sadly same cost and stats)
Blood Slaughterers (Large change to this guy... he now has 2 Dreadnaught CC Weapons rather than 1, so can exchange for impaler without losing his ability to fight)
Rapier Weapon Carrier (basically a turret with CSM people holding it)
Decimator
Blight Drones
Plague Hulk

Titans
Reaver
Warhound

Renegades and Heretics army... with no rules for Zhufor, Necrosius or Arkos.

Lords of Abyss
Mamon
Scabeiathrax
An'Ggrath
Uraka
Zarakynel
Spined Chaos Beast
Giant Chaos Spawn
Aetaos'rau'keres

That's your contents... So still no Knight of Equivalent for Chaos...
You're the man, @mayegelt !

My interest is primarily in the following, in order of impatience:

Dreadclaw Drop Pod
Fire Raptor
Chaos Contemptor

How are they looking?

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 06:21 PM

Ok easy enough to say...

Dreadclaw Drop Pod
Can carry 10 guys or a Dreadnaught (Contemptor, Sonic, Ferrum or Normal or Helbrute)
They now get the same drop pod assault rules as normal SM armies, so you can strike the army 50% on turn 1 and 2.
It is not immobile when it lands, it turns in to a hovering flyer and can burn guys as it flies around.
It is Daemonically possessed...
It is also an assault vehicle. So while you land in it and it has a reasonable statline, you can not assault on the first turn you land... However you can then move them around as a hovering flyer and assault on the next turn after disembarking if you wanted
It is also dedicated transport.

Fire Raptor
Almost identical to http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...ire-raptor.pdf

Chaos Contemptor
Same as the one from Impy Apoc 2013 it seems, or if it is different I cant see it.

The Ferrum Infernus one is a beast though. Slightly expensive Dreadnaught with a higher statline to go with it.
Also it can buy some nice stuff like:
If it gets an explode result on dmg table it can roll a dice to see if it gets Spawnhood or Dark Apotheosis from the Chaos Boon Table or gets to reroll the result on the Dmg table (though if it explodes again the roll stands).
OR
Any time it loses HPs the unit that did it in combat take a nice AP3 hit per HP lost.
OR
Assault Drills (Dreadnaught CC Weapons with Armourbane) and some bonus armour.

post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 06:24 PM

Snokvor's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
New dreadnought TYPE
That bit is idiotic. Marines already have shit load of dreadnoughts.

Quote:
Dreadclaw Drop Pod
Is there a picture how it looks like? FW pulled down the "Chaos" model not that long ago.

post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 06:28 PM

Dreadclaw

This is the underside

This is the other type of pod

Last edited by mayegelt; 10-11-14 at 06:32 PM.
post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 07:07 PM
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Ok easy enough to say...

Dreadclaw Drop Pod
Can carry 10 guys or a Dreadnaught (Contemptor, Sonic, Ferrum or Normal or Helbrute)
They now get the same drop pod assault rules as normal SM armies, so you can strike the army 50% on turn 1 and 2.
It is not immobile when it lands, it turns in to a hovering flyer and can burn guys as it flies around.
It is Daemonically possessed...
It is also an assault vehicle. So while you land in it and it has a reasonable statline, you can not assault on the first turn you land... However you can then move them around as a hovering flyer and assault on the next turn after disembarking if you wanted
It is also dedicated transport.

Fire Raptor
Almost identical to http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...ire-raptor.pdf

Chaos Contemptor
Same as the one from Impy Apoc 2013 it seems, or if it is different I cant see it.

The Ferrum Infernus one is a beast though. Slightly expensive Dreadnaught with a higher statline to go with it.
Also it can buy some nice stuff like:
If it gets an explode result on dmg table it can roll a dice to see if it gets Spawnhood or Dark Apotheosis from the Chaos Boon Table or gets to reroll the result on the Dmg table (though if it explodes again the roll stands).
OR
Any time it loses HPs the unit that did it in combat take a nice AP3 hit per HP lost.
OR
Assault Drills (Dreadnaught CC Weapons with Armourbane) and some bonus armour.
YESSSS!

I'm hungry for anything else, but you've made me a happy boy . Thanks a ton.

post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 07:31 PM

Snokvor's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Dreadclaw
Oh thanks, I must've missed the news letter. It does look different from the previous Chaos version.

post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 07:47 PM

Oh... I forgot the big news for all CSM players...

CSM now get Legacies of Ruin...

BASICALLY this means for every 1000pts you spend in your army you can give 1 Vehicle for a small number of pts (not a daemon one though), but including Super Heavies (for slightly more pts) a special rule.
Such as:
IWND & Pref Enemy or Hatred (Space Marines [all loyal ones, including spacewolves and stuff])
IWND & Pref Enemy or Hatred (Chaos Space Marines)
Outflank and Fear
Fear and Friendly Psykers using Malific in 12"can reroll 1 casting dice per HP of the tank.
Pref Enemy (Blood Angels) and some terrain doesnt count as Dangerous.
Cultists in 12" are Fearless and when down to 1HP it gains a 4++ Save.
Pref Enemy (Orks) and some extra tank shock thing
Per Enemy (Tyranids) and 4+ ignore stunned and shaken... oh and the unit inside if it has any gets Hatred (Tyranids)...
Allows you to reroll Seize Initiative or force your enemy to reroll it... Oh and Pref Enemy (Tau)...
All Khorne Daemons nearby get +1 to the Daemon Save, Fear vs Astra Militarum.
A few have effects on units nearby with Icons to give them extra stuff such as. Units equiped with IoW have Fear and FNP and the Vehicle causes fear as well...
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-11-14, 07:58 PM
JUGGERNUT

Looks like I'm finally dropping money on a Forge World book. I've been holding my breath for those drop pod rules for while now.

post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-12-14, 04:37 AM
JUGGERNUT

I've been frothing about trying to come up with good ways to use the units I understand a bit about.

I wonder, which units can take the Dreadclaw as a dedicated transport? Using them to deliver troops and then having a mobile objective secured thingy sounds cool. MSU Black Legion Chosen with Dreadclaws sounds pretty fucking cool.

We cannot alpha strike the way Space Marines can, so shooty units like Chosen or Havocs have to wait until turn 2 to shoot. This isn't horrible, as it still gives us the option to reliably put 4 guns on something before they die, and they can still charge it. If they had a Rhino instead, maybe they'd be shooting on turn 2, but more likely turn 3. Shooting a full turn earlier isn't a bad deal at all.

Assault units who need a delivery system can look to the Dreadclaw, but it has to be worth getting them there. It's cheaper than a Land Raider, and in certain situations will probably set us up for the charge much better.

One unit I think particularly works well with the Dreadclaw is a Contemptor kitted out for close combat. Multimelta and chainfist, dedication to Khorne. 225 points for 5 S10 attacks on the charge after popping a shot off, +d3 more if he's outnumbered. Can kill Land Raiders, Terminators, and maybe MC. 4++ against glances, for AV13 a fair number of hits will end up as glances. The Contemptor is also the ideal candidate because he isn't going to die when the Dreadclaw gets shot down the way a squad of Berzerkers will.

I can see a Last Memory Black Legion Sorc using a Dreadclaw to obliterate swaths of Fire Warriors. How sexy would that be?

Or shit, what about Mutilators? They could actually be useful in one of these.

Even Khorne-marked CSM with 2 meltaguns can do some damage before getting tied up in combat. I really like the options that (assumedly) now opened up for us.

Then there are the Daemons options. Plaguebearers in your face could be cool.

Last edited by venomlust; 10-12-14 at 06:13 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode