How to paint citadel miniatures book no longer available - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Default How to paint citadel miniatures book no longer available

Have been looking through the GW modelling and painting section of the website and I notice the 'How to paint citadel miniatures' book is listed as 'no longer available'. COmbined with the rumours about some new paints coming out in the near future, it could be possible they are releasing a new one containing tuorials with all the new paints since the initial re-release e.g. the addition of edge paints, technical FW paints and the new ones whatever they may be.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-14, 10:24 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

New paints in addition to the cool technical ones that came out a little while ago?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 07:01 AM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

interesting, if a new one came out id buy it. ive brought some of the ibooks for my ipad and think they great

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 08:59 AM

Loran's Flag is: Finland

This sounds like an interesting one. I've got the current book, and it is a very good one. Shows how the different paints work and it's got some very good guides, for example the "how to paint Skeletons", which has been very useful when painting hordes of Skellies for my Vampire Counts

And compared to the older versions of the book, the amount of pictures in the painting guides is great. Not just the old "we undercoated it black and gave it a base coat of colour x and a quick drybrush of colour y, and now you've got a GD standard of painting on your model...", but actual guides with all the steps pictured. A very good book, even for a veteran painter

- Loran
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
New paints in addition to the cool technical ones that came out a little while ago?
Yeah from what I have heard from places there is a wash for white, a rotting flesh and a couple of others that are coming out, excited to see wha they are like. AS I said I expect the new book will be for all these new paints and possibly the edge paints too

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-14, 07:09 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

In addition to those new paints, yes, there will be a new edition of How to Paint Citadel Miniatures which adds new pages to the existing volume. It will be available closer to the holidays.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-14, 01:30 PM

Breaman's Flag is: USA

Just when I thought my paint collection was complete...

I'm not so much interested in the new book, but I'm always excited to play with more paints. Off to research!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-14, 01:41 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oh no, how will i paint my models now if GW aren't selling me a book telling me how to do so?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode